Author Topic: App Request: Map scanner  (Read 1444 times)

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
App Request: Map scanner
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:19:18 am »
Hello there fellows,
As some of you may know, some maps became entirely transparent due to a problem with one version of PolyWorks. It used to set the maximum transparency value for all the polygons the map you'd compile, so they appear invisible in 1.4.X.

The problem is that there is no other way to know which are the maps with this problem other than actually open them in PW or Soldat. It may take time with more than 1000 maps in a folder...

I humbly request to anyone who would have some spare time to code a small program that would scan each PMS file in one folder for those transparent polygons.
Like if there's at least one polygon with those values, then print it into a log file or something so that I could fix them in PW.
I guess PW source code might help, or some topics about PMS structure.
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: App Request: Map scanner
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 06:02:06 pm »
Theres some additional things: some maps have completely transparent polys on purpose, and some maps only have the transparency affecting certain vertices, so only part of a polygon is invisible. You'd still have a lot of work to do to go through and check every map.

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
Re: App Request: Map scanner
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:44:51 pm »
Yes I'm aware of this, but at least the number of maps to check would be decreased.
Of course, things would get easier if there's a way to define a minimum number of transparent polys to pick out the map.
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!