Author Topic: FN Mini  (Read 7316 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: FN Mini
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 05:39:29 pm »
As Demonic or some Ruger/Deagle-loving Beta member once said- long reload times only restrict a weapon's use, not it's power. So the Minimi's long reload time isn't the only thing that is stopping it from being overpowered. Its weaker bullet damage and the need for its user to be stationary or at least not using movement keys gives it a weakness that the AK doesn't have.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:44:05 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 06:10:27 pm »
The reason I don't like it is in a straight fight AK beats it every time. AK, like you said, is more versatile so I don't ever use it because it doesn't kill as fast. The only time I would ever use it is in a R/S, which I don't play.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 10:57:06 pm »
so why do we have a realistic gamemode if no ones going to care about it all the time?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 02:01:07 am »
The Minimi was rarely used in 1.3.1. It's used even less in 1.4.x.

If one MovementAcc point was removed, it'd be perfect. (You might want to add a bit more SelfBink back onto it if that was the case...)

Minimi used to be the best weapon to click with. Now it's the AK.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 09:12:38 am »
Yeah if anything Minimi has high MoveAcc. It is really a decent weapon overall though, just underused. Its high moveacc and reload time are what balances it. I found it more useful in 1.3.1. though, especially in realistic.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 11:40:34 am »
The Minimi was rarely used in 1.3.1. It's used even less in 1.4.x.

The Minimi has always been rarely used. That's part of it's charm; it's like having your own personal gun while everyone else uses the common ones.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Carlitos

• Camper
  • Dont Give Up
    • Mr.Pants adventures on Soldat
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »
ya, but u are a minimi ***** sdfilm :P (he says hes proud of it)
---See the advantures of Mr.Pants and others in soldat---
http://www.youtube.com/TugaSoldatTV
-------------------------------
Amen
-------------------------------

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 10:51:34 pm »
minimi is hella good in hands of good players, it hella sucks in my hands. :p

minimi is perfect

edit:
The Minimi has always been rarely used. That's part of it's charm; it's like having your own personal gun while everyone else uses the common ones.

ive heard that quote more than once :)
Always remember the succubus...

Offline elite

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 12:08:09 am »
Im sure that im the best aimer in soldat.
Minimi is over powered. even though it has 4 moveacc, it's still stronger than aug and ak.
but most people just can't handle the moveacc.

kekekekekeke

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 12:36:38 pm »
Im sure that im the best aimer in soldat.

what does it have to do with FN Minimi weapon balance???

Minimi is over powered. even though it has 4 moveacc, it's still stronger than aug and ak.
but most people just can't handle the moveacc.

2 ways to balance a weapon:

1.to nerf the weapon's dmg, make it less powerful

2.make the weapon into a man killer, but nerf the controls to make this weapon impossible/hard to handle

and Minimi falls into the 2nd category

Always remember the succubus...

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 10:18:51 pm »
I would agree, Ive been using the minimi lately and people are turned off because they dont know how to use it. if you know how, it is easily the most powerful auto out there and has the power of the MP5 and the range of the AUG. I pretty much use most of the weapons but Ive been using the minimi more and it is actually really powerful but hard to use.

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 11:06:23 am »
It's good as it is right now. I like it better than 1.3's...that one I thought was a bit overpowered.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline amrzi

• Major(1)
  • VOLKSWAGEN JA.
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 05:29:53 pm »
I have been using Minimi a LOT this version, somewhat I'm forced to do so, since it's the only automatic weapon that has registered hits on my opponents. Comparing it to Steyr or AK, Minimi is not as good as those, but having 50 bullets is always nice, you can spray a lot and still have a few bullets left to give the last stab when you notice your opponent.
Spraying is an art, and I am an artist.

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 08:35:17 pm »
The minimi is my favorite weapon. Timing is everything to master that weapon.
I just wish the moving accuracy was a bit better.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 05:09:19 am »
FN Minimi is called nubcannon. While scrimming or CW-ing your enemies can't get kills with other weapons ( Ak, Steyr, Mp5, etc.. ) they choose Minimi.
And they pwn with it.

It shoots accurately, fine damage, good for spraying/mid combat/long combat. I think that's overpowdered.
-------------------------
Think that weapons are balanced??
Think on Minigun. You have no change to kill enemy with Steyr or Ak.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:11:49 am by Centurion »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 07:18:01 am »
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 08:07:58 am »
FN Minimi is called nubcannon. While scrimming or CW-ing your enemies can't get kills with other weapons ( Ak, Steyr, Mp5, etc.. ) they choose Minimi.
And they pwn with it.

It shoots accurately, fine damage, good for spraying/mid combat/long combat. I think that's overpowdered.
-------------------------
Think that weapons are balanced??
Think on Minigun. You have no change to kill enemy with Steyr or Ak.
Hahahaha.

That was funny.

For one, the Minimi only shoots accurately if you can manage to stop jetting or pushing any of the keys for a good 3 seconds to kill your enemy. By this time you are near the ground and moving in a straight line downwards - now that's even a disadvantage.

Secondly, good damage is comparative. It has 1 less than 1.3.1 did, plus 2 movementacc. This brought it up to 4, which is actually more than the Ruger, which sounds quite silly, doesn't it? It now has a whole lot of less self-bink, though. So, basically, we can hold down the mouse button while firing for an extra second or two only to have to nail more hits on an enemy and stop moving as much to do this as well. This gun needs a nerf!

And finally, what the hell does the Minigun have to do with the Minimi discussion? Yes, the Minigun is weak, and we realize this. It was even worse in the 1.3.1 version, however, and no one uses it seriously anyways. Its only advantage over the other weapons is its surfing factor.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:10:46 am by Twistkill »

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 08:10:00 am »
And they pwn with it.

Are you serious?! Minimi is the least used rapid these days... I takes a lot of practise to get even close to "good" with it.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

6th_account

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 10:55:20 am »
Twistkill, if you stop moving for 3 seconds whenever you spot an enemy the problem is on your end. =)

Offline amrzi

• Major(1)
  • VOLKSWAGEN JA.
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 12:21:41 pm »
And they pwn with it.

AK, Steyr and MP5 can beat Minimi EASILY, it's just the matter of skill really.
Spraying is an art, and I am an artist.