Author Topic: FN Mini  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Sexcells

• Major
FN Mini
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:33:13 pm »
I think this is a little over powered... the slow reload doesn't even help.50 bullets and  shooting 11 shots i can get a kill. thats crazy.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: FN Mini
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:12:13 pm »
Are you serious?

The long reload does balance it out, for one. When you reload in the middle of a fight, you're almost screwed.

Secondly, it has 4 movement acc. It used to only have 2. You need to stop jetting and holding down the movement keys just to get some good shots off. One little blurt of movement and your aim goes wild for at least 1 second.

And, it has - 1 damage from 1.3.1.

It also had the highest self-bink out of the autos in 1.3.1, at -49... now it only has something like -12, but the movementacc and - damage make it harder to use.

Also, it is probably the least used primary in the game aside from the minigun. When was the last time you saw a Minimi user owning up a game? (SDFilm, be quiet :D)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:15:33 pm by Twistkill »

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 06:14:26 pm »
Actually, it's underpowered. It's mov. accuracy makes it basicaly useless, or usefull only in TW and other realistic games.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:09:52 pm »
Damage wise it is overpowered.  But the movement accuracy balances it out, I'd like to see it get maybe a bit less damage and at least 1 less movement accuracy.  Either that or trade the movement accuracy for self bink, that'd help it a lot.

Offline Carlitos

• Camper
  • Dont Give Up
    • Mr.Pants adventures on Soldat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:50:57 pm »
the minimi is good like it is.
---See the advantures of Mr.Pants and others in soldat---
http://www.youtube.com/TugaSoldatTV
-------------------------------
Amen
-------------------------------

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:04 pm »
The major point of it is a suppressive fire weapon, if I recall correctly. Hence the low bink but high movement accuracy. It is fine, not over or underpowered, at least not much.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 09:04:24 pm »
The major point of it is a suppressive fire weapon, if I recall correctly. Hence the low bink but high movement accuracy. It is fine, not over or underpowered, at least not much.
Okay, but that means we need to almost crouch to use it effectively, which is what makes it so underused, because crouching is almost suicide in a fast-paced game like Soldat. It just needs one less movementacc...

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:39:51 pm »
Okay, but that means we need to almost crouch to use it effectively, which is what makes it so underused, because crouching is almost suicide in a fast-paced game like Soldat. It just needs one less movementacc...
It's not fast paced anymore.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 09:45:56 pm »
It's not fast paced anymore.
More cynicism about the current balance, eh 4 year old? :)

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:53:44 am »
Minimi is perfect....
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 01:09:04 am »
Yeah, if anything, it's underpowered.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 02:16:07 am »
I just stopped using the Minimi today in search for more power using the AK74. It treated me well, I did fine in servers but the moveacc did mess me up pretty bad in some places. I just desired more power per shot, so AK74 for me :D

Bottom line: Take a little moveacc away and it is fine. Don't tweak any damage or anything.

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 02:33:36 am »
Minimi has greater speed than Ak74, so it's more suited for longer range situations (like larger open maps) AK and AUG on the other hand, have greater damage but less speed (AUG also fires fast as hell) so they are more suited for medium range. We all know that MP5 is suited for short range.

The high speed of the Minimi bullets helps it take out snipers, who may think this is unfair, hence the whine on the Minimi on most servers (or people just despise it for its big magazine)

IMHO it's balanced, maybe the MoveAcc was uncalled for but it works. Probably just to counter big-magged rushers.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 12:15:40 pm »
If your talking about Realistic is overpowered reload doesnt do anything if you have 30 shots and more i dont even notice any accuracy changed but i can shoot straight bullets and spray with them and get easy kills while rushing

Offline Sexcells

• Major
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 12:53:35 pm »
i wasnt thinking of the movment accuracy and that stuff :D i guess its fine.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 01:31:59 pm »
No bink/mov acc. affects the acurracy if you do click*click*click*. That works very good in AK. It is very good balanced, his debility is the reload time, but if you know how use it well you can go base to base with 50 shots without reload.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 03:34:21 pm »
When was the last time you saw a Minimi user owning up a game? (SDFilm, be quiet :D)

Have you never played TW, R, or R/S?
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

6th_account

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 04:28:42 pm »
No one cares about the realistic WM. Unless strictly specified beforehand, all comments defaults to normal mode exclusively.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 05:19:41 pm »
When was the last time you saw a Minimi user owning up a game? (SDFilm, be quiet :D)

Have you never played TW, R, or R/S?

Ya, but the Minimi's 'support' role isn't half as affective as it is in R/S, so most people use more versatile weapons such as the AK and Steyr.

How did you know that I was going to be interested in this thread? How did you know!? :P

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 05:34:10 pm »
Minimi is perfect IMO. Trust me, the long reload does balance it. I often find myself relying on USSOCOM when I run out of ammo.