Author Topic: control config changer (request)  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Jordak

• Major(1)
control config changer (request)
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:21:23 pm »
This is an excerpt from my configuration settings file:

[CONTROLS]
Left=30
Right=32
Jump=17
Crouch=31
Fire=mb0
Fly=mb1
Grenade=18
Change=16
Drop=33
Reload=19
Chat=20
Prone=45
TeamChat=21
Weapons=15

What I would like to do is have a program that allows for more advanced options, such as:

Fly=[mb1 and/or what ever the hell spacebar is]

Such a program would make it way easier for me (personally) to fly, shoot, and aim simultaneously by alternating my fly button when I need to and switch back when I don't.

Offline puddlejumper

• Major
  • .:|Born A Marine|:.
    • The R/S Soldat Website
Re: control config changer (request)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:56:52 pm »
You can do this inside the Soldat game. Having a program to do the same thing would be kinda useless.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:07:25 am »
You can do this inside the Soldat game. Having a program to do the same thing would be kinda useless.
Not really, he's asking to bind multiple keys to one single action.

If you want a pure .ini edit that's not really possible to accomplish since it's Soldat that in the end reads the .ini data. So without support for it in Soldat an external editor wouldn't help at all. Unless you want some kind of program that'd send an additional keystroke on itself, of course.

Offline MR X

• Soldier
  • Soldat Rulezz and must be played forever
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:08:44 pm »
MAYBE i will create this program for you. Maybe.
I just dont have time right now.
Soldat Rulezz and must be played forever

Offline Jordak

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:15:41 pm »
"If you want a pure .ini edit that's not really possible to accomplish since it's Soldat that in the end reads the .ini data. So without support for it in Soldat an external editor wouldn't help at all. Unless you want some kind of program that'd send an additional keystroke on itself, of course. "

Are you saying that in all of soldat's .ini language there is no syntax for "if x or y, then..." condition? That does seem kind of hard to believe considering that in my 9th grade computer science class I took 3-4 years ago, one of the first things we learned to program (in Microsoft visual basic) were conditions that could be met in different ways. I would imagine that soldat DOES have some language for this...but if not it would probably take MM an afternoon to release a version 1.4.2.1 that does.

"MAYBE i will create this program for you. Maybe.
I just dont have time right now. "

Ummm...ok thanks. Do you know how to do it?

Date Posted: August 22, 2007, 06:13:41 PM
"...Unless you want some kind of program that'd send an additional keystroke on itself, of course. "
that sounds like a simple solution, but isn't it technically a hack?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 12:12:54 am »
You can't bind multiple keys to one action. Soldat does not support it. Making an outside app is 100% USELESS as it would not give you any extra functionality that the built in Soldat one doesnt.

Offline Jordak

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:44 pm »
Ummm...just realized, Can someone plz move this to developer's corner?

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 05:08:34 am »
Why? Moving a topic for a program rendered useless to the developers corner seems pointless.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline Jordak

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 11:00:26 am »
Why? Moving a topic for a program rendered useless to the developers corner seems pointless.
firstly, because this was started in the wrong place.
Secondly, because forums are meant to be "preserved in amber" or "chryogenically frozen" so that future generations can view posts and know what not to ask again. What if someone started a new thread for this question unaware of this thread?
thirdly, because in the developer's corner, this thread would be seen by the people browsing that forum instead of this one.