Author Topic: I'm in a slump...  (Read 3903 times)

Offline puddlejumper

• Major
  • .:|Born A Marine|:.
    • The R/S Soldat Website
Re: I'm in a slump...
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 05:18:51 am »
Dude, just drop the clan. I've been in the GG clan for too long to not understand this. Yea, we lost a lot.. but remember what I said when Zero was beating me in a 1 vs 1, "Omg, I'm getting sick of this, I'm not going to waste my life on this game and find out that its not worth it".

yep drop the clan or just look forward lose more times and one thay your clan will start to win again

Drop the clan, that will get a load off your mind. Sorry, but thats the best advice anyone here can give you at the moment.

To all the people I quoted;

How long have you been Clan Leaders? Have your clans been successful? If you've said no to either question, this is the wrong thread to be giving advice to.

Brock, take it from a 5-year clan leader, and not to brag, but a born leader.

Trust me when I say that being a clan leader can be extremely hard work. Especially if you start from the ground up. But it all pays off when you have great friends, people who know you, and something that you can be proud of. Creating a clan is like a version of sculpting a world-famous statue. You craft it with all of your will and hard work, and turn it into something that you can stand back at and realize that just it's existence is worth all of the effort.

However, when life has taken a turn for the bad, there are times when you do need to focus on life. The only problem is that, yes, once you decided to make that Clan, you've committed to it. I laugh at people who say it's just a game. I use Soldat and my clan as a way to build on the skills I already have. It's not a game, but a continuing lesson that helps me learn people. Leading a clan is all about people. Back on track; the commitment involved with leading a clan is why you can't just give up. Would you give away a child? A grandchild? Would you sell one of the most precious things to you? Of course not. Don't give it up man.

But you shouldn't sacrifice your life for your Clan. There is always a balance to everything, and it's usually really hard to find. Just remember that sometimes the balance tips, whether or not it's good not, and you have to find a way to return it. Give your life enough time to return itself back to normal. Then give your clan enough time, which usually doesn't take that long.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 05:30:51 am »
Pull yourself together, and start building yourself up seperately from your clan. Play with players who are out of your league, duels, gathers, you name it: in a short while, you'll be the juggernaught of your team, capable of taking on the enemy 1v3 ( if they are as bad as I think they are ).

Alternatively you could try to drag one or more team member from you to do the same. Either way, this won't take you any more time than you already spend on Soldat, but it'll be much more effective.

Offline Meandor

• Major(1)
  • King Duck of the Biscuits
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 07:54:07 am »
Pull yourself together, and start building yourself up seperately from your clan. Play with players who are out of your league, duels, gathers, you name it: in a short while, you'll be the juggernaught of your team, capable of taking on the enemy 1v3 ( if they are as bad as I think they are ).

Care to explain why is it that I still suck after five years then? :(

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 12:53:28 pm »
One thing I'm going to do definitely do is kick the innactive guys out  [ban]
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 12:56:08 pm »
One thing I'm going to do definitely do is kick the innactive guys out  [ban]

Thats good start :]

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 01:17:30 pm »
I think Dizzy had a good clan philosophy. He said that if you're losing more, that can be good - because you're that means you're playing against clans of a higher level.

As soon as you start winning, go up another level - and start losing some more.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 02:53:41 pm »
PROTIP: The longer you don't play soldat, the better you are when you come back. PROVEN fact.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 12:59:49 am »
PROTIP: The longer you don't play soldat, the better you are when you come back. PROVEN fact.

So true ...
[/url]

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 07:25:32 am »
Who cares if you lose, just play for fun. If you cant have fun with soldat, maybe you should take a break.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 07:42:56 am »

thats why I rule with deagles now. PROVEN FACT

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 04:38:53 pm »
Set up some clan trainings, and just take a break once in a while.

And yes, dizzy is a good leader. xD

[DE] ~ ~ ~