Author Topic: Avarax servers; childish  (Read 10764 times)

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
Re: Avarax servers; childish
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2007, 05:05:28 pm »
You guys know theres better shit than soldat and hexer mod. You make it sound like its the best thing when all it is a ok idea put in a junky game

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2007, 05:48:54 pm »
You guys know theres better **** than soldat and hexer mod. You make it sound like its the best thing when all it is a ok idea put in a junky game

You do realize your insulting a game that this entire forum is dedicated to, right?
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2007, 05:51:35 pm »
Man, it's a great time to be in Australia or New Zealand... we have not 1, but 4 CTF servers to play on. :P

Our main server provider, GameArena, only runs servers on Windows, and thus we can't have custom maps :S. Therefore, we don't have TW/Climb/Any other gamemode that requires specific maps that you don't have.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2007, 06:05:23 pm »
I don't think Avarax acted maturely, he seemed to not care about what people were saying and he was definitely not even trying to be fair and unbiased.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2007, 06:17:03 pm »
I don't think Avarax acted maturely, he seemed to not care about what people were saying and he was definitely not even trying to be fair and unbiased.

That's what I mean... The way he handled the situation was very poor... Avarax, it was good to fight back, but you should have never stooped to his level, especially giving away information that you were TRUSTED to keep secret. That makes me doubt your ability as an admin of the server. No offense, seriously, but if you gave out GAMEOVER's information whos to say you won't give out anyone else's? :-\

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2007, 09:41:40 pm »

That's what I mean... The way he handled the situation was very poor... Avarax, it was good to fight back, but you should have never stooped to his level, especially giving away information that you were TRUSTED to keep secret. That makes me doubt your ability as an admin of the server. No offense, seriously, but if you gave out GAMEOVER's information whos to say you won't give out anyone else's? :-\
Don't piss him off then.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2007, 09:56:25 pm »
tjeez get this stuff locked or sth. If you guys don´t like avarax and his hexer then don´t play it ffs.
blaming a game mode to destroy a whole game is not fair aswell clawbug. Its what the players like to see it seems. Me and a friend started some crazy server aswell just because we were bored playing the same old soldat.. It needs some variation. The possibilities are there. They didn´t implement a script side for nothing.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2007, 10:30:28 pm »
wait, Avarax gave out someones password? (cbf reading all this hog wash)

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2007, 10:33:27 pm »
Don't piss him off then.

He's an admin, he shouldn't get "pissed" so easily, he needs to deal with the problem in a reasonable and mature way. What he did was neither.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2007, 10:35:14 pm »
FEAR THE SOLDAT DRAMA.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2007, 10:41:43 pm »
wait, Avarax gave out someones password? (cbf reading all this hog wash)

Dont worry...it was only GAMEOVER.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2007, 01:54:30 am »
I've taken a step forward and decided to lock this topic. Beyond everyone's original opinions, the rest is only "which game mode is superior" and that can be taken to a new topic.

So, b]topic locked[/b] to prevent recurring flame-wars. The rest can be taken to PMs.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh