Author Topic: Help waypointing a map  (Read 1521 times)

Offline moomoo

• Major
Help waypointing a map
« on: August 24, 2007, 04:52:56 pm »
Ok so I tried to do this waypointing business, and i've read a tutorial on it but, my bots still get stuck and miss their waypoints and what not.
Although this is my first map I want to try to get it into a Hexer Server Maplist *idk if it will be accepted* but I need to have working waypoints which I dont, and i've tried believe me.. after an hr of supposedly waypointing the bot got stuck at the bottom of the spawning area near the edge of the lower C.

Im asking for someone nice to waypoint the map for me, Yeah I know its not the greatest map in the world but for my first map i've ever made I would like it to have the full treatment *You can call me delusional for thinking that someone would want to waypoint this map*

So Here is a screen of my map after inserting some scenery and stuff

and also the map in a .rar file

if my .rar file doesnt work then please tell me.
also feel free to tell me what I should do to make it Look Better and/or Play better

Moooo

[retard] :D

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
Re: Help waypointing a map
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 02:24:27 am »
I'll waypoint it for you. I'll edit this post with the waypointed version after it's done. (Want to see some proof that I CAN waypoint? Check out my map, Bunker Hill 3.0)

And a hint about any waypointing for yourself... It takes a LOT of practice, and a TON of trial-and-error to get really good waypoints.

(Nice map, by the way. Looks very good for a first.)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Help waypointing a map
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:29:09 am »
Ah, this map. I remember your first release. I remember that I almost volunteered to waypoint this but the spawns and flag placements bothered me. I think that the flags would suit to be placed on the platform right below where you have the spawns and flags right now. Maybe what you ought to do is to leave it the same but to place the majority of the spawns on the lower platform. I dunno... Undecided on this one. Well, I'll redownload this and see how it feels.

I have the version you released initially still. Are the basically the same?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:32:28 am by Blacksheepboy »