Author Topic: What to use?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline atomicbrandon

• Major(1)
What to use?
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:29:50 am »
hey what do you use to make soldat movies and.. how do you make the demo's play to make the movie?

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: What to use?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:37:55 am »
Get fraps and play the demos and use fraps to record the good bits, use windows movie maker(if you have window installed you have it) to edit and string them all together. Pm me if you need any more help, I don't know of any other free video editing software though...
@ii

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 07:16:58 am »
Get fraps and play the demos and use fraps to record the good bits, use windows movie maker(if you have window installed you have it) to edit and string them all together. Pm me if you need any more help, I don't know of any other free video editing software though...

If you use windows movie maker, be sure to save your final video in a resolution and bitrate high enough that the important details of your movie are obvious.  Far too often, people use a format like wmv with very high compression, and they think everything looks fine...

... but that is because you're making the movie, and you know exactly what to look for.  You already know what the chat console says and you know exactly when to look for that knife kill, others don't.

Offline atomicbrandon

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:12:52 pm »
thanks for the help that really cleared thaings up for me!!  :)