Author Topic: hello guyz..  (Read 1655 times)

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
hello guyz..
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:56:12 am »
guyz....just dont mind me but....i have a suggestion..bout the maps..?:)...can we have a map that is like a destroyed city?..co'z..its kinda boring if you will play soldat w/ maps that are always like jungle. [retard]

what do you think guyz....

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: hello guyz..
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:37:02 am »
Sure thing, but this is not the place to ask for it, mate. There's a whole section devoted to mapping here on the forums, and one tiny one to mapping ideas as well: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?board=18.0

This(The link!) is where you'll need to post your idea. Oh, and one word of advice.. You might wanna be a little more specific. People tend to pay little notice for ideas that simple. Like, give examples of how the map would look, wether it's CTF, INF or DM etc.. You know?

Good luck :)
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:27:52 am »
Play ctf_ghetto.
Banned

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 10:30:41 am »
There are too many urban cs maps to count. >_>
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 11:45:18 am »
There are too many urban cs maps to count. >_>
There aren't many, we need more (Yes, i play CS maps in R/S/A servers)

Topic related: I would be interested on this after i end a map i am doing, just put a sketch in The drawing board, you mustn't start a new topic, just post your idea here and someone can be interested on it. If nobody is, PM me, i am a very good mapmaker and i am sure that i can do something like a destroyed city, but you must send me a sketch with your idea, gamemode to be played etc...

El_Spec

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 06:21:49 pm »
Maps with a huge amount of scenery will probably never be implemented because it'll overwork older systems and slow down the games. 

I hate maps that use multi-texturing and with 500 pieces of scenery like Trenchwar maps.  They ruin the old map making style that used to be in terms of game-play and not in only visuals.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 am »
So there will be not more new maps? We will still play the same maps? So why do mapmaking programs if our maps won't be added or played never? Can't we add a bunch of new maps? "No, because those maps lags", or just "I don't like that style", so somebody should be able to upload his own maps while playing, even if the server doesn't have it, so the server would upload our maps to be played. El_Spec, i bet you never did any multitextured map or one with non-default sceneries, even you didn't any map and don't know how hard is do one.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 09:30:25 am »
What are you talking about, dude? He never said there shouldn't be maps like that, he just said they probably wouldn't come with the soldat default package. And he's got a point in that.

Just ebcause he doesn't like TW maps and stuff like that, doesn't mean they won't be made at all. TW's pretty much a big success, and I doubt anyone will ever cast the stunning mapstyle away, once they've played it. I know I could never..

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:09:22 am »
Any of the maps that every day the people post here aren't in the default list, and this seems, they won't be never in the default package. So why do them?

Is the thread author saying that map got to be default? No, so why this talk? Nobody said it will be implemented, he was talking about if someone can make a map of that style. He didn't explain well.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:13:22 am by ~Niko~ »

El_Spec

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 03:27:49 pm »
I have mapped before.  I'm terrible at it.  There will be new maps with every other version release, but mainly only default quality.  Even if a map with a lot of scenery is added such as Viggoloniggo's Factory, the scenery usage doesn't slow down older systems as much as other maps.  I thought he was asking to add new maps that are like Trenchwar style and I gave my opinion on it.  I like Trenchwar maps actually, but I don't like the idea that they can become official because not everyone will then be able to play it.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 01:50:37 am »
Any of the maps that every day the people post here aren't in the default list, and this seems, they won't be never in the default package. So why do them?

Is the thread author saying that map got to be default? No, so why this talk? Nobody said it will be implemented, he was talking about if someone can make a map of that style. He didn't explain well.

There's lots of servers out there who don't even have default maps on their list. And really good mappers help raise the general quality of maps, and sort of take it to the next step. It's like asking why we have an idea/suggestions forum when so few of the ideas are actually implimented; Soldat is a game in progress, and we need everyone to give a hand on it. If you're not satisfied with the lack of personal glory, that's your problem.

Oh, and it seems to me that you go from defending your right to do maps with tons of scenery in them into arguing if making new maps is even necessary, in fact pointless. Where do you stand, mate?

EDIT: Also, about uploading your own map to a server that doesn't run it.. This is allready available, sort of. If you have played your map at any server before, you'll be able to put that map up for a vote by entering the map selection feature. Naturally everyone will be kicked when(and if) the map is f12'ed and the server switches to it, but they'll be able to rejoin and thus play the map.

That's another reason we gotta keep making good maps. If all the good mappers quit, we'll be stuck with the same maps over and over because no one wants to play boring, ugly ones, ya?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:54:22 am by echo_trail »

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 08:36:45 am »
I do very good maps but if nobody will be able to play them =/ I won't do it again. I prefer play Soldat.