Author Topic: Tools  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
Tools
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »
Ok, sorry for asking this noob question but I'm new at modding. So i was wondering do you use a tool to mod or do you do it by hand?
One Love
Yes

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
Re: Tools
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 01:06:12 am »
I use photoshop cs 2 but all my work is done manually. All pixels done one by one and i do not know of any tool you can use to make weapons.

If you are modding other things like the interface or the weapon backdrop, then you can you any tool you want since those are kinda large and tedious to do pixel by pixel. By tool i mean filters and blur effects and such.
[/url]

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:11:46 pm »
MS Paint is still the modder's choice, although the new PNG compatibility opens up the usage of Photoshop and similar image manipulators.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 01:30:54 pm »
I'd say paint.net is far better than MS paint and still simple enough for soldat. It is actually rather powerful if you look at the 1.3 mb installer file...

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:37:55 pm »
Paint is the best for the rough sketch of the gun, but using Photoshop, GIMP, or the like to add details is a must for well-done weaponry.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 06:35:24 pm »
Since the graphics in Soldat are sprites, you should use a program specially designed for spriting. The free version of GraphicsGale is perfect for this. It's what PapaSurf uses. ;)
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 06:44:29 pm »
Pixia is a good spriting tool, once you learn it. It is great for large scale art, but it also has a tool for pixel art, which can zoom in and   overlay a grid, called the loupe.  I suggest you check pixia out.

http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/index.html

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline yamo

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 07:22:58 pm »
graphics gale is one of the best choices for pixel art. right click color selection, real time preview. and it has a free version (premium  just gives you a few more file types). ive used since i started modding.

http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/
Urban Theatre

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 07:37:47 pm »
Since the graphics in Soldat are sprites, you should use a program specially designed for spriting. The free version of GraphicsGale is perfect for this. It's what PapaSurf uses. ;)
Big thx for unintentional meeting me with that awesome sweet program, I definitively will be using this editor all the time, also in future mods. ;)

Offline porta

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 05:09:56 pm »
I use paint and microsoft image composer.
 :)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 05:20:36 pm »
I use paint and microsoft image composer.
 :)
Can you tell me why you realived that topic? I mean, i think he got a lot of information, at least enought too start modding, and if you can see the date of the topic... August 28, 2007

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 05:26:44 pm »
Paint is the best for the rough sketch of the gun, but using Photoshop, GIMP, or the like to add details is a must for well-done weaponry.

Yeah that's what I do... basic shape and 2 or 3 flat colour areas in paint then shade and tweak in photoshop as appropriately... then the outline comes last.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 05:29:30 pm »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0