Author Topic: new move, new art  (Read 1883 times)

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
new move, new art
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:26:38 am »
i was thinking we already have jetpacks on our boots right?, now why not make they control better, yeah imagine that you can control the direction of your jets with your mouse and a key like mayus and mouse,went u push mayus you can control your jets in every direction u move the mouse ,just imagine the possibilities
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:43:22 am by darkangel »
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: new move, new art
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:44:51 am »
That means we would have to learn another controls... with experience you can do whatever you want with normal jetpack... I think that would make the things harder withut any sense... and hours of coding for MM.

Offline Slazenger

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:01:50 pm »
F12 , total support, i got nuff xtra buttons on my gamemouse that would just be perfect ;P

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 04:43:20 pm »
I don't like the idea of this for soldat, will make things to confusing and difficult to code etc
And will take ages for people to learn, causing alot of whining etc ¬_¬

It's a good idea, but not for soldat IMO
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:52:22 pm by Duck Boi »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:47:08 pm »
F11. Not in the spirit of Soldat. It's going to make the game more complex, and, while perhaps benefiting experienced players 'pwn more,' it's going to deter new players (and therefore potential new purchasers) and also make the game less fun and more of a chore to play.

Also, wtF does this have to do with "new art?" More gostek parts required? I wish this was an English-only forum.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:49:00 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 05:11:23 pm »
Someone could jet horizontally, straight across the map. Not cool. Superman for maneuvering left or right.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline xReaperx

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:40:08 pm »
Well, if you think of it, soldat has gravity, jets can't push you in a straight line going left. You will eventually hit the ground. I still think my idea of jet fuel SHOULD be optional.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 09:15:07 pm »
is called new art cause i would be a new art to Learn how to move in the air or Learn to dodge law shells in mid air,or nades ,or knifes, of course is going to be more hard to play but can be like optional in advantage mode or something

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 09:59:28 pm »
is called new art cause i would be a new art to Learn how to move in the air or Learn to dodge law shells in mid air,or nades ,or knifes, of course is going to be more hard to play but can be like optional in advantage mode or something
You think Soldat is ready/willing to undergo such a change... This addition alter everything - game style, pace, strategy. It was hard enough trying to shove the self-bink down.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 10:38:53 pm »
it don't have to be permanent i can be like an option

Offline Dev1200

• Major
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 12:57:20 am »
Pointless X_X

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 02:54:26 am »
So when going airbourne, you'd have to quickly switch from "wasd" keys to arrowkeys? Nah, it's no way!
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline yv3

• Major(1)
  • I DON'T cheat!
    • Yasan V3
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 03:15:28 am »
With the current configuration in Soldat you can move in every direction with the jetpack. I don't think there's a need to change it. But if you move right or left everytime you are in the air it looks  [pigtail] because the player "walks in the air". This maybe should be fixed somehow. Imagine you have no jetpack and jump forward. While you are in the air, you can't move to the opposite direction, like in the game "Flashback". I think that would be cool for advanced players.

Anyway, i hope that the movement in Link Dead is more realistic (..and the gameplay without jetpacks will be more fun to me?)...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:28:11 am by yv3 »
Yasan v3 - Frags don't matter - only skill counts!

Creator of ySoldatStat

Offline AlfoNs

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 11:14:22 am »
F11 This would chage soldat to mutch.

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 03:47:23 pm »
F11. If this was implemented, I would never play Soldat again. It's far too complex and just ruins the gameplay.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 07:14:58 pm »
... how can you control the jets with the mouse and aim with the mouse at the same time? Do you toggle between them? Can't you shoot whilst using jets? Can you only fire in the direction you are flying?

Ultimately it's not a very well thought out idea and if it was ever implemented (which I guarantee you 100% it never will be) it would ruin Soldat.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 08:05:11 pm »
Scroll Up, Jets face up, Scroll down, jets face down. Excellent idea, stop me from having to prone and jet to dodge quickly.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 08:52:14 pm »
is would be like  air crouch, like in mid air(flying) you press bloq mayus and right click on mouse (jets contros button) that way you can control your jets and do thing like a back flip in mid air os go straight down etc etc , and went u want to shoot just stop pressing bloq mayus

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 09:32:22 pm »
No way, this makes it too complicated for an arcade style game. Plus anyone with a brain can maneuver perfectly with current jetpack tactics.