Could be good
4 (7%)
If it was done carefully
5 (8.8%)
NO!
32 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: September 06, 2007, 01:11:39 am

Author Topic: Soldat for Wii?  (Read 8464 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: Soldat for Wii?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 03:32:47 pm »
Ok, first off, Wii supports an optional USB keyboard. Now I'll admit it would never happen, but it is plausible to put it on the Wii and I don't understand people being like "No, Nintendo sucks". Fine, put it on Xbox 360, would that help you Carlitos? I think this is a bad idea but half of you are saying no just becuase and not giving a good reason.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:45:18 pm »
People who post here are showing how pitiful most gaming communities are when it comes to porting. Gods, when his new game comes out, if mm releases the source code, it may well be fan ported to systems like DS or Wii or even 360, but until then, if the makers don't want to port it, it won't happen. Just wait until the source is released.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 04:10:07 pm »
wii sucks. end of story

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 04:11:26 pm »
wii sucks. end of story
This is what I mean, it says right it in the original post not to do that, but they do it anyway. Give reasons people.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 04:14:36 pm »
wii sucks. end of story
You don't know shit about the wii so you should shut the fuck up.

Wii has a great control scheme for anyone who is open minded enough to actually try it.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 04:19:57 pm »
lmao i know about the wii. ive played it. it just doesnt appeal to me. it hard to aim the remote and therefore would cause unstable shots. this would make the game harder and less fun. also the moving would be too hard. and how would you chat?! sure you could use the keyboard, but then couldnt you just play soldat witht the keyboard? kinda defeats the purpose.

soldat only need to be on 1 consle. and the one mm chose was the best..

is that better you two?

edit: also, how the FUCK would you mod it?

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 04:25:10 pm »
It wouldn't defeat the purpose to use the keyboard becuase you wouldn't have to use the Wii, but people that would otherwise never hear of the game would. And after they learned it was there, they could mod it on their computer if they wanted. And I don't know about you, but I have 1 computer and 2 siblings, so I have to share the computer, and this would be a way to play the game more.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 04:32:41 pm »
lmao i know about the wii. ive played it. it just doesnt appeal to me. it hard to aim the remote and therefore would cause unstable shots. this would make the game harder and less fun. also the moving would be too hard. and how would you chat?! sure you could use the keyboard, but then couldnt you just play soldat witht the keyboard? kinda defeats the purpose.

is that better you two?
Obviously you played it for about ten minutes or you have epilepsy. The wiimote is as close to a mouse as you can get on a console. I can't wait to frag idiots like you who can't learn the controller.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 05:32:37 pm »
I don't think it will ever happen because Soldat was made for PC and its in the rules. Plus I think it would be dumb to put it on the Wii. Nintendo would probably just change everything.
One Love
Yes

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 05:56:38 pm »
Man, the problem is that more than half of you didn't even read the whole side of the arguement. You just saw the title, and bashed it. YOU guys are the douches.
You instantly bash it without even really defending your side of the arguement.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 06:19:06 pm »
Man, the problem is that more than half of you didn't even read the whole side of the arguement. You just saw the title, and bashed it. YOU guys are the douches.
You instantly bash it without even really defending your side of the arguement.
Exactly.

And again, I point to my argument:

People who post here are showing how pitiful most gaming communities are when it comes to porting. Gods, when his new game comes out, if mm releases the source code, it may well be fan ported to systems like DS or Wii or even 360, but until then, if the makers don't want to port it, it won't happen. Just wait until the source is released.

If you think the wii sucks, don't get the port. Simple as that. If you don't like a console, don't play it. We can't change your opinion.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 06:24:31 pm »
Well, as previously mentioned, Soldat's closed source will not be ported to any OS/consoles other than Windows because of the DirectX dealy.
But, if Soldat ever was to be ported to a system not using the keyboard and mouse, the Wii would probably be the best choice. I'm not too sure how the controls would work, but the motion sensitive control would allow you to move the cursor pretty easily, if the cursor isn't simply controlled by the controller.
Does anyone know of any 2D games which use the Wii controller? Other than the small flash things?
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 06:27:16 pm »
No, I can't think of any, but it is a good idea: wiimote controls the cursor and the nunchuk stick moves, nunchuk movement up would jet, (A) would throw nades and (B) would reload.

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 06:48:01 pm »
I don't post much, But had to on this....F11 :)

IMO, They would have a unfair advantage in some aspects, And it would never happen :D

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 06:50:40 pm »
I don't post much, But had to on this....F11 :)

IMO, They would have a unfair advantage in some aspects, And it would never happen :D

Who said it would run on the same servers as soldat pc?

Of course people playing on the wii would have slight advantages, but they wouldn't play toghether, so it doesn't matter. Or, if they do play together, the Wii controls will be balanced.

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 06:54:36 pm »
Man, the problem is that more than half of you didn't even read the whole side of the argument. You just saw the title, and bashed it. YOU guys are the douches.
You instantly bash it without even really defending your side of the argument.

Well I'm pretty sure people get annoyed when someone posts something that is against the rules and will never even happen. Whats the point of discussing it if it never is going to happen.
One Love
Yes

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 06:54:41 pm »

is that better you two?
Obviously you played it for about ten minutes or you have epilepsy. The wiimote is as close to a mouse as you can get on a console. I can't wait to frag idiots like you who can't learn the controller.

are you kidding??! its impossible to keep that retarded controller still. sniping would die. your cursor would slip around and youd miss your shot every time. when using other weapons, you would spray alot more than normal.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 06:57:09 pm »

is that better you two?

are you kidding??! its impossible to keep that retarded controller still. sniping would die. your cursor would slip around and youd miss your shot every time. when using other weapons, you would spray alot more than normal.
If that's what happens, your wiimote is probably not calibrated right.

Date Posted: August 30, 2007, 07:56:25 PM
Man, the problem is that more than half of you didn't even read the whole side of the argument. You just saw the title, and bashed it. YOU guys are the douches.
You instantly bash it without even really defending your side of the argument.

Well I'm pretty sure people get annoyed when someone posts something that is against the rules and will never even happen. Whats the point of discussing it if it never is going to happen.

It's not that it will never happen, It'll just never happen officially.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 07:03:40 pm »
Well, like I said, I'm fairly certain Wii has directx 7 becuase of the online capability so you can go to like miniclip and play games and go to youtube for movies and stuff. It is possible, it just would probably never happen when MM has better things to worry about, like fixing existing problems.

Offline nub

• Major
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 07:35:34 pm »
What does directX 7 have to do with online capabilities and playing videos on youtube? I can go online on Linux and play youtube videos there, but I'm pretty sure that my Linux doesn't have directX 7 installed. So just stop talking about things you don't understand.

Also, I think that porting soldat to Wii is a great idea, since you have the remote for aiming. It should be fun after some practise.
Можно зарезать, украсть и всё-таки быть счастливым...