Author Topic: SoldatPage Looking For Content: Maps, Mods, Apps, Clans and Scenery.  (Read 2842 times)

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Hi,

SoldatPage has been up again for a few months now and pretty much no user-content was added.
Therefore I'm creating this topic to attract people to SoldatPage and get them to upload their content to the website.

What content?
Well, almost everything:
- Your maps
- Your modifications
- Your applications
- Your scenery
- Your clan
- Your site for the webring
- And so on...

Why? - More publicity
First of all, you'll get a lot more downloads and views, SoldatPage has almost 100 different visitors a day and a few hundred pageviews a day. I made the site so that every item gets the proper attention drawn to it, so it's not a huge dump of Soldat files. Especially new content gets a lot of attention drawn to it.

Why? - Functions
There are A LOT of functions for content uploaded to SoldatPage.
- You can add a whole bunch of screenshots to your item.
- You can see how many times it has been downloaded.
- Users can rate and review your items.
- Update your item.
- Provide a whole bunch of information with your item for better indexing. (More downloads and views)
- Share it with the rest of the world by direct linking to it.
- And a whole bunch more like providing a description for your item and such.

Why? - Reliable
SoldatPage is a very reliable site to host your items.
In the past, SoldatPage has crashed losing all it's data so now I've written a back-up script that backs up the files to two of my local PCs. Given the fact that the webserver itself also backs up all content, the data can't virtually be lost unless those 4 computers (Webserver, Webserver backup, my two back-ups) all crash for a random reason at the same time.

Why Clans?
Yes, we also collect a list of all Soldat clans and their website and IRC channel. Along with that you can track down how many people have clicked your lick or IRC channel.
There are also some handy functions:
- Look for new players
- Look for clanwars
- Join a clan.
If that's not enough, you can always sign up for your own ClanPortal. A clanportal is a dynamically created website for your clan. You don't have to know any code at all and you have features such as a news module, join-us form, downloads area to store your demo's or other files, calendar, memberlist, clanwar list, and so on.

What's the catch?
You need to sign up for free. That's all - five fields: Username, 2xPassword, 2xE-Mail and a Submit button...

The links:
=> SoldatPage
=> Upload Map
=> Upload Mod
=> Upload Application
=> Add clan
=> Upload Scenery
=> Clanportals
=> Sign up

Grtz, DePhille
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:38:02 am by DePhille »
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: SoldatPage Looking For Content: Maps, Mods, Apps, Clans and Scenery.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:57:09 am »
Ok I post soon few mods exlusive, only at SoldatPage, but I really hope, that they didn't get lost. ;) I like new layout/design, is more interesting, professional and unique.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 02:37:40 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 04:44:21 am »
Nah, the content which will be uploaded to SoldatPage now will be virtually impossible to lose. I'm backing it up at two PCs plus FliesLikeABrick keeps backups of it too, so the only way of losing that information is that all those 4 servers crash at the same time, which is virtually impossible.

Grtz, DePhille

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 05:40:40 am »
I guess I'll host my upcoming mod there, and I'll try to get more people to host there too. I see this is beneficial to both sides, mods and maps will get more attention and the page will have mre content. This way everyone is happy.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 04:33:58 pm »
Yeah, it is beneficial for both sides.
If more people upload to SoldatPage, more people will visit it. If more people visit it, the uploaded content will get more downloads.

Plus there's the fact that SoldatPage is made to host Soldat-related content, unlike any other site where you can upload stuff. If you update one of your items, you don't have to change the download link for example.

Comment and rating system added!
I've added a comment and rating system to SoldatPage. Right now you can give and get comments and ratings on your map mod or app from SoldatPage visitors!

Grtz, DePhille

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 04:50:58 pm »
I have to say that the next project I'm making called Warzone: Evolution (sounds corny but hell, maybe we'll have a diff name) will be hosted exclusively at SoldatPage. And I'm inviting modders like Henito and the bunch to start uploading their stuff on Soldatpage.

Modding communism FTW!

Offline puddlejumper

• Major
  • .:|Born A Marine|:.
    • The R/S Soldat Website
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 07:25:29 pm »
Well, I've supported DePhille since 1.2.1, but now that I see that SoldatPage is really taking off, I'd like to see more attention come to it.

Anyone can tell that you've poured weeks if not months into this project, and it's coming out to a very nice touch. Now that it will be a modders haven, it'll be even more unique. Great job, and keep it up!!

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:43:44 pm »
At first I kinda thought that it was like another one of those community sites although you kinda did what we (TMS) did. Like when we saw SML and The Map Mine, we kinda combined them, and added a lottttt more, and made like an ultimate. Well Soldat Page really didn't seem to me like something different, UNTIL you came out with that Random Image thing, that kinda said in my head "he's creative = potential!" Also, I like how you advertise it, very similar to us. GL

Grtz, DePhille Ivel

Proud Staff Member of U13 and EnEsCe Corp.
|____________________________________________|

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 04:59:56 am »
Yeah, there's a lot of work in this.
However, I made functions and such, so I can easily include the usersystem for example in another project. So my work isn't that inefficient :P. And yeah, I know you since 1.2.1, thanks for the support ever since :).

Yeah, that's true Ivel. The only diffrence is that SoldatPage has been doing that since 2004. During that time, SML, The mapmine, TMS, !Elite, etc didn't exist yet. So back then, SoldatPage was unique. Due to a harddisk crash I lost all content and was gone for several months. Now that SoldatPage isn't unique anymore it is indeed harder to advertise. I do have some scripts left from the old SoldatPage, like signature generators (like you have now) or SoldatForums post generators (like SML, I think) and a lot of others. I'm going to let it grow for a while and see what people think of it, then use that along with those old scripts to improve SoldatPage. Creativity isn't a problem, the only problem is that I'm not going to be creative when nobody will actually use it :P.

Grtz, DePhille

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 11:04:01 am »
We also have the SoldatForums Post generaters ;) Actually we have had it now for quite a while... You havn't noticed :-O

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=18554.0

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=19030.0

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=18564.0

3 Random ones I found ;)

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 04:53:23 pm »
Ah, I didn't notice them indeed, sorry :).
That could be because I rarely visit the mapping section.

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 09:41:55 pm »
its aight =Panyways, gl buddy

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:30:33 am »
Thanks to PaFcio, xwidishere and Henito Kisou, who already uploaded some nice mods!

I also would like to ask some of the active contributors in the mapping and modding section to comment and/or rate some existing mods and maps. Applications can also be commnted and/or rated.

Grtz, DePhille

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
We should get a more serious affiliation

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 05:17:12 pm »
As in what way?

I've also added a script that automaticly generates a forumpost for your maps now. You can see an example in the testing forum or click the 'Get ForumCode' link below the download link on the map's profile page. I'll be making this for mods and apps too, soon. I'm also planning on reviving some other old SoldatPage scripts, such as the signatures I was talking about a few posts back.

DePhille

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 07:55:24 pm »
More advertisement for eachother in both pages.... I mean, we are both pretty dang close in top 100, so it shows that we kinda get same number of people, so if we affiliate more seriously, who knows what wonders will be unleashed 8)

Grtz, DePhille :D:D:D ( Don't you EVER forget to write that after your post??? )

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 02:12:03 am »
Well, I don't know what happened to SML, but I think I'm glad I didn't post a reaction to this earlier :P.
I'm still open for the affiliation, but allow me to be a little bit more careful with you guys now, as you'll probably understand.

PS: I'm starting to use just 'DePhille' instead of 'Grtz, DePhille' now. Don't know why but that's less typing work and I don't get a reaction everytime I type it (yet...). :P

DePhille