Author Topic: A !page <message> Command?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Kitty

• Major
A !page <message> Command?
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:21:05 pm »
Is it possible to make a !page <message command for IRC that would send a message to people ingame

Example:
Kitty: !page Hiii

Would look like this ingame:
*Kitty*(IRC) Hiii

Or something like that?
-A female soldat player.

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
Re: A !page <message> Command?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:27:03 pm »
im not much of a scripter, but im pretty sure thats not possible, but i might be wrong :P

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26:08 pm »
I think it's possible. The script should send the message via some command, like '/say Hiii'. Or you can make any custom command and handle it with soldat scripting if you don't like the default yellow format. I'd rather use WriteConsole for that. The part I'm not sure about is if you can tell the name of whoever wrote the message...
urraka

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:58:24 pm »
I know for sure that the Climbing-Soldiers peoplez on irc have an mirc script communicating back and forth from irc to hte server via conntecting like an admin through arsse... so I know that it is possible. I also have made (a long time ago) a server script that does nearly the same thing but a different way (on the server, not mirc)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 08:35:20 pm »
Yeah you can do it, but you would need to script IRC using the sockets but its alot of  work. Not a very easy thing though.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02:09 pm »
You can make something like this more easily with ARSSE scripts. I did it once, but I don't remember why I didn't like it.
urraka

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 12:36:06 am »
arsse doesnt have much IRC support.. the script i am using to communicate to my 3 servers is posted on www.climbing-soldiers.net , however its er, slightly outdated. if u drop by on irc or leave me a message maybe ill whine to the host of the mirc bots to post the current script (i dont have it myself).
remember: this is a mirc script, not a server script! if you want the bot to be on irc 24/7 you will need to find someone with a windows computer running 24/7.
for a preview of the bot's commands etc, join #climbing-soldiers and type !commands