Author Topic: Scripting Engine Suggestions  (Read 25384 times)

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
Re: Scripting Engine Suggestions
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2007, 03:15:55 am »
why the hell did u create this thread if u dont add anything? who cares about ur opinion if script is professional or not?
colors r great idea, new onplayerspeak function too... if users want it, add it! soldat is for users, not for u!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:17:51 am by rainrider »

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2007, 03:28:28 am »
I really don't understand your reasoning, EnEsCe. If it could improve the power of scripting, why don't you add it? Aquarius explained you how to calculate player's cursor XY, you said that actions like that are going to make you not implement those things... why the hell?! I don't know who cares about professional-looking script; if it works, then it's good. There's no way for players to check professionalism of script running on server, they are just enjoying playing.
As rainrider said, scripting is for players. We know you are able to add those things, but you don't want to. Let us enjoy scripting and stop being a pouter.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2007, 03:38:09 am »
When you are a real programmer you care about professional-looking code. I care about it. Don't criticize like that, you're going to make EnEsCe go mad and he won't add a damn more thing :P
urraka

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2007, 04:13:07 am »
This way you won't convince him to do anything (not that I give a damn about it anymore). EnEsCe has a bad habit of ignoring people and being a jerk. But then again, he didn't have to create this thread at all.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2007, 04:15:12 am »
No, Scripting is not for PLAYERS. Scripting was added by me for my climb servers. But I then decided to share it with the community. Seems that was a mistake. Freestyler, you don't understand it because you don't understand how Soldat's code works. Once you see how spaghetti Soldat's code is; resulting in many suggestions requiring hours of coding, maybe then you would stop acting like a spoilt preteen.

This thread's purpose ends here. I have added amazing features, however I wont privilege you with the details until the time is right.

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2007, 08:33:27 am »
Because you are fucking fag.
As you always was.
You will never change, you was cheater and you will be. How sad.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2007, 09:00:54 am »
why the hell did u create this thread if u dont add anything? who cares about ur opinion if script is professional or not?
colors r great idea, new onplayerspeak function too... if users want it, add it! soldat is for users, not for u!

Yeah! You rule man.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2007, 09:05:03 am »
We would still love a setPlayerDeaths command and I know there are quite some players that would enjoy it too.

Heh and spaghetti code sucks. Not good for maintainability fo' sho'.
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2007, 02:06:25 pm »
oh enesce! hahah don't take them to seriously! Just add what you like man. I can understand your point!
Writing code with a shitty base code sux i can understand that it will take a lof of your free time!
Anyways i hope you continue to write on teh best soldatservah eva!
Greetz

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2007, 04:41:09 pm »
This thread's purpose ends here. I have added amazing features, however I wont privilege you with the details until the time is right.

yay! amazing features ^_^ (I don't think you're a jerk ('cept I don't like grudges against me so I'm not sure it counts))

Because you are fecking fecker.
As you always was.
You will never change, you was cheater and you will be. How sad.
li*cough*es

Date Posted: October 20, 2007, 05:38:18 pm

Yeah! You rule man. [/sarcastic]

fixed :P

I'm wondering if SetPlayerStat has a chance at all, too
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2007, 05:18:24 pm »
How the hell MM could give his soldatserver to some1 like him..?! I understand that improving soldatserver can take a lot of free time. But you're god damn developer! Besides... do you think that MM ever had special soldat version with built-in aimbot or any feature hidden for average user?

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2007, 06:48:25 pm »
How the hell MM could give his soldatserver to some1 like him..?! I understand that improving soldatserver can take a lot of free time. But you're god damn developer! Besides... do you think that MM ever had special soldat version with built-in aimbot or any feature hidden for average user?
You rule EnEsCe!

Fixed
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2007, 08:26:04 pm »
I'm wondering if SetPlayerStat has a chance at all, too
Already been mentioned that it doesn't, unfortunately ... too lazy to dig it up and quote it

Offline chrisgbk

• Veteran
« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2007, 08:31:50 pm »
On that note, the increase in flaming and the signalling that the thread has served it's purpose as far as 1.4.3 is concerned means it's lock time.