Author Topic: Drawing Tutorials  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
Drawing Tutorials
« on: August 31, 2007, 06:53:25 pm »
Does anybody know any good websites that teach you how to draw real people? I really need help shading. I really need this for something important.
One Love
Yes

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
Re: Drawing Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:22:52 pm »
I recently purchased Drawing People: How to Portray the Clothed Figure.

As for online material, I am a fan of speed painting. It's an artwork in itself, yet gives you a glimpse of the artist's mind.
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:31:06 pm »
Speed painting is awesome. and that one you posted, looks real at the end.

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline moomoo

• Major
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:21:47 pm »
When drawing people, the hardest part are the hands and feet! and eyes imo.

ears too.
Moooo

[retard] :D

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 09:32:17 pm »
I find the hardest part of drawing a person is their head, and neck, and arms and legs, and sometimes the torso.

I can pretty much only draw things like spaceships, stuff people wouldn't know what it is actually supposed to look like.

oh hell the only tip I can give is to not rush, works for pretty much anything in life. Talk to me when you need help with photoshop.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:39:44 pm »
Mouth and Eyes. Hands and legs can be tricky, but not that much. Just go Google it, dammit.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:51:46 pm »
Hands are difficult, because it's easy to forget the middle finger is the longest.

For me, the eyes are the trickiest, because you just can't seem to get the life in them right. Draw them wrong, and you either have a lopsided monster, or a zombie.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:56:07 pm »
Hands are difficult, because it's easy to forget the middle finger is the longest.
Sometimes the ring finger is shorter to the index, and sometimes the ring finger is longer then the index. I <3 useless knowledge.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:43:09 pm »
Here are some decent tutorials on drawing. They aren't tutorials in the traditional sense. Nobody is describing what is happening. Observe and try to follow the steps the artist takes.

Your best shot is to draw many different people in a short period of time. When I say short period of time, I mean don't spend more than ten minutes on one character. People learn better when challenged.
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Dr. Zombi3

• Soldier
  • Happy Almost Halloween :)
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:49:07 pm »

For me, the eyes are the trickiest, because you just can't seem to get the life in them right. Draw them wrong, and you either have a lopsided monster, or a zombie.

hey!! i admire my name.

well anyway i found a thing that you can train on

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?jjpo2mjemm8

the drawing was mine, dont rate it.
3 warnings then did naughty thing. Now Banned.

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 04:40:01 pm »
Here are some decent tutorials on drawing. They aren't tutorials in the traditional sense. Nobody is describing what is happening. Observe and try to follow the steps the artist takes.

Your best shot is to draw many different people in a short period of time. When I say short period of time, I mean don't spend more than ten minutes on one character. People learn better when challenged.

Alright thanks.
I find the hardest part of drawing a person is their head, and neck, and arms and legs, and sometimes the torso.

I can pretty much only draw things like spaceships, stuff people wouldn't know what it is actually supposed to look like.

oh hell the only tip I can give is to not rush, works for pretty much anything in life. Talk to me when you need help with photoshop.

The hardest thing for me to draw is just the nose and getting the shading right.
One Love
Yes