Author Topic: freelancer will help  (Read 1831 times)

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
freelancer will help
« on: July 10, 2006, 02:27:37 pm »
Hello I am trying to get my web design skills increased. I have made a bunch of sites but most of them are not online and I made them for others. I basically want to start getting a resume for business people, so I will be doing free web-design for a little bit. Now ill do clan sites, and group sites, or site for a server etc.

I am skilled in
  • html
  • Css
  • Javascript
i can make some images but they are not the best, but i do know a person who is freelance imaging and if i ask real nice he will make some images. If you dont know what html, css or javascript are, css is what defines what colors everything is and the posiitioning of everything exactly. Html defines stuff that the broswer should interpret(such as tables, and images, and to specify where to insert css and javascript). Javascript programs the page to make alerts or dynamic elements. To see my skill go to http://wang-clan.co.nr. Please pm me about what you want, try to be as specific as you can. And attaching an image to the email helps. All the best.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: freelancer will help
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 07:56:04 pm »
To see my skill go to http://wang-clan.co.nr.

MY EYES!!!! THEY BURN!!!!

There is so many problems with that page I dont know where to start. So let me tell you where to start...
- If you want to work on web functionality start using notepad only and dont make any images your self.
- If you want to design dont worry about the html for now. First learn color theory.

Your tring to get a portfolio not a resume by the way.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:40:54 pm »
oh ****. im guessing you are using internet exploder right? yeah...that doesnt render the dark gray to light gray image. if you see a big qhite square, then your browser doesnt run with the standards. and yes portforlio is what i meant. thanks for telling me that anyways. i always design for firefox/khtml then fix for ie. im sorry this must look like a bad start.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 09:44:47 pm by jettlarue »

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:04:28 am »
Nope, I use Fire Fox. It still looks bad :)

Yes I know how much IE sux.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:27 pm »
umm. can you tell what is bad about the color scheme? like how i could improve so that it looks better. because personnaly i like that for colors but you know its just an opinion from me.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 12:44:33 pm »
it doesn't display at all right in firefox.  the ads are covering up a bunch of content, the menu bar doesn't stay lined up, the two frames on the news page seem to be linked (scrolling one scrolls the other).  The screenshot answers most other questions.

I'm not bashing, just answering your question about what is wrong