Author Topic: Press "t" to talk and soldat freezes  (Read 992 times)

Offline XfalconX

• Major(1)
Press "t" to talk and soldat freezes
« on: August 14, 2007, 01:00:56 pm »
My friend has a problem on his computer (windows) that whenever he trys to talk pressing "t" it freezes.  Any help, I have done some searching on the internet, do you think he would have to restart soldat after installing (this was after he got the 1.4.1--->1.4.2 patch btw).  Any help?  [retard]

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
Re: Press "t" to talk and soldat freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:35:30 pm »
i get this sometimes.. dunno.. an error comes up for me, but i just hold enter/esc and it goes away.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:18:24 pm »
If you have problems, you should always restart. If you have further problems after patching, you should uninstall, completely remove the Soldat directory, and reinstall. If you continue to have problems after that, you should update your drivers.

Offline XfalconX

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 08:59:04 pm »
If you have problems, you should always restart. If you have further problems after patching, you should uninstall, completely remove the Soldat directory, and reinstall. If you continue to have problems after that, you should update your drivers.

Tried, still doesn't work.  He reinstalled many times.  I don't know if it would help if he installed 1.4 and then got a patch for 1.4.1 would help, but I doubt it.  But he already did that in the VERY begining.  So any help please! :)

Says "Access violation at address 0053DA72 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

Soldat 1.4.1 works fine though, guess I might have to wait till the next version.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 10:24:57 pm by XfalconX »

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 01:55:46 am »
From the FAQ:

Quote from: Michal Marcinkowski
Also, for people that get an error after pressing T or F1,
go to Soldat\Txt, open fonts.ini and change FontMenuSize
to FontMenuSize=13 (or higher number)
if that doesnt help change