Yes, but possibly more issues may arrise
I'll say yes
Eh, with a little change
Almost, but no
Sorry, I'm not in for it
Kinda stupid
No point, so i give no attention
Hell no!

Author Topic: "Burst-Fire" and "Auto/Semi-Auto"  (Read 10586 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: "Burst-Fire" and "Auto/Semi-Auto"
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 02:21:23 pm »
What I was implying is that it's not against the rules of Soldat to do so. It is a strategic fire method, that's all. The burst fire method could be an option, IMO, as people would now have to get used to this new method of firing. This is the first time I've seen someone make an issue out of the fact that rapidly clicking with an auto avoids the bink system. :-\

Well, I could be off, but I think that if the testers and developer agreed to put bink in the game, then attempts to circumvent it with a "non-standard" firing practice does break it. It's the same as circumventing the barret's delay by pre-charging the shot. Both were added to the game to help achieve balance, but both have workarounds which negate those attempts. I think a half second or less delay would be welcomed -- it'd force autos to burst fire and be used as I think autos should be used -- like a machinegun and less like a 30-50 count Ruger.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 02:27:01 pm »
Well, I could be off, but I think that if the testers and developer agreed to put bink in the game, then attempts to circumvent it with a "non-standard" firing practice does break it. It's the same as circumventing the barret's delay by pre-charging the shot. Both were added to the game to help achieve balance, but both have workarounds which negate those attempts. I think a half second or less delay would be welcomed -- it'd force autos to burst fire and be used as I think autos should be used -- like a machinegun and less like a 30-50 count Ruger.
Yes, that is true. I do burst fire a lot of times with autos, as well, so it doesn't affect me so much. It just struck me as odd that you are making a stand on the fact that rapidly clicking the mouse button can circumvent the bink system in autos. Meh. :)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 01:01:56 pm »
Okay everybody, what i mean by burst-firing is not that it fires normal 3-5 rounds. I mean it will fire the 3-5 rounds at a SLIGHTLY faster rate so it is slightly more useful at longer range, or even closer range used correctly. Similar to a Glock handgun, certain ones have the "Burst-Fire" option. They fire 3 rounds in under half a second. The rounds dont go PERFECTLY straight, but are close to it. With the burst fire option, the user couldnt of possibly fired the bullets that fast. I'm saying that with burstfire, it will fire faster than usual, but delays between burstfire shots. More clear now? And also, no one has made comments about making certain guns auto/semi auto, like for instance if someone wanted to make the soccom auto, it would fire only slightly faster but with bink. More feedback plz?

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 03:31:44 am »
With the burst fire option, the user couldnt of possibly fired the bullets that fast. I'm saying that with burstfire, it will fire faster than usual, but delays between burstfire shots.

I think it's unnecessary. A weapon with a slow fire rate has a slow fire rate for a reason -- weapon balance. Being able to push out a few bullets at a time, even with an prolonged delay between bursts, would in effect give make the Spas, Desert Eagles, and Ruger "one-hit" weapons, capable of killing on the initial "shot." If you're going to reply saying how you mentioned that aiming wouldn't be as good, then what would be the point of wasting bullets on a single shot weapon where every bullet fired needs to count?

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 03:48:05 am »

A weapon with a slow fire rate has a slow fire rate for a reason -- weapon balance. Being able to push out a few bullets at a time, even with an prolonged delay between bursts, would in effect give make the Spas, Desert Eagles, and Ruger "one-hit" weapons, capable of killing on the initial "shot." If you're going to reply saying how you mentioned that aiming wouldn't be as good, then what would be the point of wasting bullets on a single shot weapon where every bullet fired needs to count?

I didnt say ALL weapons would have burst fire, it would be a perk to a lucky ammount of the guns. Probably if it would happen as I envisioned it, half of the autos would have it. I would definately NOT give the Spas, Deagles or Ruger a Burstfire. I would give them alternate firing styles. Like i mentioned earlier, instead of a spray Spas, it might be a shell spas, just shooting a large shell.

And about your last sentence, The burst fire would be for a close range triple headshot to finish someone off. you can always do your manual accurate shooting then switch to burstfire when they are close and load them of 3 quick Steyr AUG bullets to the head. Of course that would not be the only use of it, but that would be my primary use. Or at constant close range use, it will help to conserve ammo. If you kill an enemy with your burst fire, you will probably not keep shooting because of the small delay.

May i remind all of you, this thread is not just about burst fire, but also about being able to toggle auto/semi auto, like with the soccom or deagles. toggling to auto would fire slightly faster but with higher bink. Obviously you would not have to click out each shot either, unless you could again do that for more accuracy... yeah.

More input would be greatly appreciated, to me this idea would add a slight additional portion of strategy and ammo conservatoin between reloads.