Author Topic: loL at some of these newer players  (Read 7575 times)

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
loL at some of these newer players
« on: July 10, 2006, 09:56:22 pm »
 I find it funny when you go to servers now a days, such as public DMs/TMs, and find these newbies in there thinking they're just so good or better than proven known players. I bring this up because tonight for some reason I couldnt help but laugh at a guy who had crazy pings. He would get hit with 4 ruger shots and a knife multiple times and act like he's just so good. No, I didnt say anything until he says this.. "DEMO'd".  I just had to laugh at that, yeah demo your pings and getting hit with everybodys stuff and you're hardly winning even at that. DEMO'd? lmao..

Talking to you veteran and experienced players here, (you know who are) don't you love it when you get some of these newer guys' hopes up when you aren't even playing seriously, or playing while talkin on the phone etc? You know what im sayin'... anyway, yeah..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:47:38 am by Chakra »

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: loL at some of these newer players
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:07:07 pm »
U13 TM sure is fun.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:08:42 pm »
liek omg demOwnd your pro!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:17:09 pm »
Blah, I see what you meant by "200 PING?  NO WONDER."  I viewed my demos and I just realized how "jumpy" I was.  Surprised no one has even told me about my lagginess (guess they didn't really mind). xP

Still, there's nothing I can do except get a better connection.  Hope I didn't ruin your games.

About the "demo'd" thing.  I had a double-kill with a barrett earlier.  That was the only part I recorded xP
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:19:16 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:40:40 pm »
Oh thats cool, then in your case cool but far too often I see the scenario I painted.

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 11:08:28 pm »
I remember my old double kill in ctf_B2b.

My shot started at blue base, then killed one guy at about halfway (if i remember correctly) then killed another guy near the red base.

Good times.

Although i never keep demos. Too much of a hassle to remember to replay it.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 11:13:06 pm »
Heh, reminds me of a few days ago in a server. First time I'd played in a couple of weeks

some guy in a clan I've never heard of: the only people here who don't suck are me and [some other n00b]
me: Oh, so how long have you been playing then?
him: More than you.
me: Since 2003?
him: You've been playing that long and you still suck?

At the end of the game, he had less kills than me and more deaths. Wish I'd taken a screenshot. Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 11:15:48 pm by frogboy »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:47:14 pm »
I just like it when people freak out when i use my favorite taunt... *giggles*
@ii

Offline Aeyrethis

• Major(1)
  • KVLT
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 12:36:12 am »
I've only been playing a short time (2 weeks?) and it's not hard to get better at this game. I still don't fuck with pros, though, and I don't go around bragging.

Then again, that's probably because I'm still not that good.
It's darker than you think...

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 12:44:17 am »
I don't think that the amount of time you've been playing affects your skill level (past the first day at least.) I've only been playing since early December, and lots of people lose to me. However, i downright get my ass handed to me at times.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 12:50:50 am »
Im the same way as sad, been playing since late Jan. Own a lot of ppl, get owned a lot of the time. It all depends.

Iq Unlimited

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 12:51:30 am »
I hate those newbies (not n00bs) that actually think they own... But which person doesn't when they first play a game? :P
Then there's those newies who play a week or two, and they're able to beat the best of people..

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 01:29:48 am »
lol i was in !Elite Snipe and Slice and there was a n00b (not newb) called "Ownage(1)" and i would own him with barret, but if i shot someone else with the barret and he was there, i would pull out the saw and kill him with that. Then he would yell at me saying "YOUR A F***ING SAW NOOB!!" and i'd say "a noob that kills you?". Kill him with the barret and get the same sort of thing "F***ING BARRET FAG!" So, i called him a noob and he said that he could "own" (hence the name ownage) me in a 1 vs 1, so i accepted, but he had to go. So i got his MSN and i have been waiting for the 1 vs 1 ever since...

Man, i hate those people.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 02:07:27 am »
So i got his MSN and i have been waiting for the 1 vs 1 ever since...
He probably got a new account.
18:15

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 04:44:30 am »
Just gotta love the steep learning curve in Soldat. For some anyway. Once you're good, a poor public can be like fighting against bots with better waypointing. Cruel, but fun.

I remember a classic moment.  Some crap clan all joined the opposing team in some random CTF server, giving all the usual big-talk, 'owning it up' and what not. We've all seen them. They're fresh out of CS and still think they're the bomb.

Anyhow, half of my team were idle or camping badly, but somehow I managed to - through complaints of hacking and being lucky -  score 10-0. The funny part was, I was sorting out my finances at the same time. Talking on the phone to banks, sheets of bills and papers everywhere, jotting shit down with a pen, all of that.

"no i'm not hacking, i'm just on hold."

I'm just gonna edit your post btw Gameover. Dire need of a few comma's in there. You were drunk last night weren't you... >:|
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 04:47:20 am »
So i got his MSN and i have been waiting for the 1 vs 1 ever since...
He probably got a new account.

It was like two nights ago, so i doubt it...
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:05:45 am »
*sarcasm*
18:15

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 05:09:24 am »
I find it funny when you go to servers now a days, such as public DMs/TMs, and find these newbies in there thinking they're just so good or better than proven known players. I bring this up because tonight for some reason I couldnt help but laugh at a guy who had crazy pings. He would get hit with 4 ruger shots and a knife multiple times and act like he's just so good. No, I didnt say anything until he says this.. "DEMO'd".  I just had to laugh at that, yeah demo your pings and getting hit with everybodys stuff and you're hardly winning even at that. DEMO'd? lmao..

Talking to you veteran and experienced players here, (you know who are) don't you love it when you get some of these newer guys' hopes up when you aren't even playing seriously, or playing while talkin on the phone etc? You know what im sayin'... anyway, yeah..

Yeah, but on occasion you can run into the, well, less naive Soldat newbie.  I always treasure those moments, because you know they won't be a strain on the community.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 05:52:05 am »
I have never run into the good newbie.

I ran into a guy once named Dougowns or something. Using a minigun i told him it was a pretty crap gun. "just coz i own u lol". Kills me. "OWNED". I kill him. I kill him. I kill him. He kills me. "OWNED". I kill him. " 'Owned' ". "lol w/e n00b".

-_-

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 06:11:41 am »
What makes you think you're so good, Gameover?