Author Topic: loL at some of these newer players  (Read 7576 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: loL at some of these newer players
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 07:16:41 am »
I have never run into the good newbie.

I ran into a guy once named Dougowns or something. Using a minigun i told him it was a pretty crap gun. "just coz i own u lol". Kills me. "OWNED". I kill him. I kill him. I kill him. He kills me. "OWNED". I kill him. " 'Owned' ". "lol w/e n00b".

-_-

Aye, there the worst. Those people that either suck bad or have a huge ping advantage or both and still think that they totally own you. They normally have terrible grimmer and are 13-year-olds from California (or I just imagine them that way).

On one server there was that particular breed of soldat player. I kept killing him with replies of "noob", "luck" etc etc, then on the next map (arena 2 i think) he M79'ed me and then left with an "owned". Not wanting to have that newb having the thought that he actually owned me in his head, I looked through the server lobby (yes, I was THAT bored and pissed) I found him on a knife-only server, ran over to him, knifed him on the first try and then left with a satisfying "no" from the newb.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:18:18 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 08:03:56 am »
My BEST ping is 200, and I dont complain about lag :) (but i do get called a lagger)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 08:11:03 am »
Ive got a good connection, so lag is not normaly a prob anyway  :)

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 08:21:47 am »
What makes you think you're so good, Gameover?

Because he is. Nothing wrong with an attitude.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Lord Jaws

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 08:38:25 am »
I think you would kick ass if you used your feet in stead of your hands Chakra...
Well there will always be people who do these stupid things. Probably 12 year old kids that found the game by accident. The run-at-their-momma-kids-when-they-loose kind of players..
Just pop their asses long enough and they leave... Mostly..
MY Realistic Soldat Clan.: Coalition Europe
Shame it died. . .

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 08:44:14 am »
I was in the U13 Inf server last night and there was a guy who just started playing that day, and he did pretty good with the Barrett... not better than me, but he actually wasn't bad and he never said "OMFG HAX" or some shit like that. :)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 09:39:20 am »
Yeah I'l be playing soldat and watching Family Guy at the same time and sometimes the TV just captures my full attention so my hands leave the mouse and keyboard, then some noob will kill me with minigun at upclose range.

Then he says You Suck, I am teh master.

So I am like yeah right, wip out my hk and kill the dude a gazilion times and at the end of the game I have like 30 kills and 1 death, and he has like 30 deaths and 1 kill.

lol ;D
There are other worlds than these

Offline Evil-Ville

• Major
  • Rerhüfmruts
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 11:57:11 am »
What makes you think you're so good, Gameover?

Because he is. Nothing wrong with an attitude.

There is when this said attitude makes you look like a total twat. This is the case with GAMEOVER's attitude.
>:3

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 12:02:12 pm »
i really hate when they say theyre so good and get a lucky kill and f*cking scream about it til the match ends, although he stays with 1 kill and gets owned 98 times 8-P

and 1 more disturbing thing, when you fight against 2 pros, you kill 1 and escape the other and then some noob just stands in 1 place and tests how his gun fires and fires @ me and kills.. soo irritating

Offline ColonD

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 02:18:00 pm »
i really hate when they say theyre so good and get a lucky kill and f*cking scream about it til the match ends, although he stays with 1 kill and gets owned 98 times 8-P

and 1 more disturbing thing, when you fight against 2 pros, you kill 1 and escape the other and then some noob just stands in 1 place and tests how his gun fires and fires @ me and kills.. soo irritating

I feel your pain Vig. All the time on TM servers, all the flippin time.
: D

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 04:42:11 pm »
Yea GO, I challenge all of them to 1v1's if I have the time to help them figure out how to change the IP/port and put in a password themselves.. Otherwise I'll just use some fake name and school them.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline chainsoar

• Major(1)
  • It's a camping chair. Get it? Hmm..tough crowd.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 05:00:33 pm »
I'm completely new to Soldat and treat the game and the players the same way I do whenever I'm new to something. That is to say, I play for fun, and to learn. I treat the other players with respect and even when I come across an abusive player, I ignore it. I see no sense in bugging the hell out of veteran players or even fellow newbies - when has that ever made anyone any friends? Also, in the past when I've played other games online, this attitude, I find, can often endear (for want of a better word) me to veteran players who will teach me certain tips & tricks on how to get better. Above all, I have never, on any multiplayer game, claimed to be better than anyone, and I've never even used the word "n00b" or "owned". Except in stuff like this. :P

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 05:11:01 pm »
I'm completely new to Soldat and treat the game and the players the same way I do whenever I'm new to something. That is to say, I play for fun, and to learn. I treat the other players with respect and even when I come across an abusive player, I ignore it. I see no sense in bugging the hell out of veteran players or even fellow newbies - when has that ever made anyone any friends? Also, in the past when I've played other games online, this attitude, I find, can often endear (for want of a better word) me to veteran players who will teach me certain tips & tricks on how to get better. Above all, I have never, on any multiplayer game, claimed to be better than anyone, and I've never even used the word "n00b" or "owned". Except in stuff like this. :P

Lies! Everyone has used owned or noob, this is the internets.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline chainsoar

• Major(1)
  • It's a camping chair. Get it? Hmm..tough crowd.
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 05:49:00 pm »

Lies! Everyone has used owned or noob, this is the internets.

haha, I suppose I have used it before a few times, but as a joke, when the other person knows I'm joking. I don't use it as an insult because I hate it when people use it to insult me. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, or something. I'm not much of a bible puncher, but I think that's the main jist of it.

Offline 13579

• Soldier
  • &Totse-13579
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 06:05:37 pm »
lol i was in !Elite Snipe and Slice and there was a n00b (not newb) called "Ownage(1)" and i would own him with barret, but if i shot someone else with the barret and he was there, i would pull out the saw and kill him with that. Then he would yell at me saying "YOUR A F***ING SAW NOOB!!" and i'd say "a noob that kills you?". Kill him with the barret and get the same sort of thing "F***ING BARRET ***!" So, i called him a noob and he said that he could "own" (hence the name ownage) me in a 1 vs 1, so i accepted, but he had to go. So i got his MSN and i have been waiting for the 1 vs 1 ever since...

Man, i hate those people.

No way....i'm pretty shure i was there when that happened. I love sniper and slice server.

Offline Boxo

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 03:40:11 am »
Heh, I actually played in a DM server against Gameover with the nick "*" a few weeks/months back. Won a few times in a row, him complaining about lag, then he challenged me into a 1v1 saying he'd own me for sure. I accepted but he never showed up. I guess I'm just an uppity noob.

Evil-ville speaks the truth.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:45:55 am by Boxo »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 04:13:57 am »
GO has improved a lot since he joined us, both in terms of skill and attitude ( I'm talking about improvement from month to month here ). You can't judge a player by the noobie he once was.

On topic, newbies with an attitude like that are noobs. And there's a probability they will stay like that forever, since they will only play in publics. What you could do is try and change them, but it's a tiresome job and it's just easier to /mute them.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2006, 11:19:14 am »
If I totally waste someone multiple times and they don't say anything or say ns, I have very high respect for people like that.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Noz

• Major(1)
  • Barretard
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2006, 02:21:14 pm »
I just ignore people like that. If they keep doing it over and over, I'll tell them to stop whining, but outside that I'll just ignore and keep playing.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2006, 05:26:57 pm »
My only gripe is when new players cost me points in a game. 

Had a game the other evening where some noob with a minigun (and that phrase is quite apt here) cost us a cap by shooting our flag into the hands of the enemy.  I mean, come on...he wasn't shooting at the enemy, wasn't playing defense...just being an idiot.

Bah..
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.