Author Topic: 2 Suggestions  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
2 Suggestions
« on: September 03, 2007, 08:54:03 pm »
Firstly, my first suggestion is a melee attack. I know there is already one that is done by getting real close to a guy and just pressing the shoot button, but I think the reach is just to short. I want a melee that extends out a bit from the body. The animation should be of the soldaten doing a thrust with the stock of his gun (ha sounded kinda funny). I think the melee should be mapped to the spacebar by default.

My next suggestion is when the berserker kit is picked up, I think it should not only increase damage, but make you run faster and jump higher.

Just let me now how you think these ideas are. I dunno if they have been suggested before. 

Offline Dr. Zombi3

• Soldier
  • Happy Almost Halloween :)
Re: 2 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 09:32:32 pm »
yeah, they should change berserker mode into steroid mode.
3 warnings then did naughty thing. Now Banned.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:13:58 am »
Sounds like a pretty good idea, it'd be very useful when you run out of ammo.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:08:55 am »
Yeah, awesome ideas. F12
And I thought predator was supposed to make you completely invisible, not representing you as fart in motion @_@

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 03:51:41 am »
Yeah, awesome ideas. F12
And I thought predator was supposed to make you completely invisible, not representing you as fart in motion @_@

He said Berserker, not Predator.

edit: typo... :P
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:18:04 am by SpiltCoffee »
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 04:45:49 am »
Actually he said berserker, not Beserker.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline extreemer

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 03:44:23 pm »
yeah nice suggestions :D

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 08:16:02 pm »
the chance of getting close to a guy with the gun and break his jaw is close to none, so I propose to throw your primary.
the more is the reload time of the weapon, the more dmg it deals.

as for berseker, I think there should at least be some drawbacks since you would get dmg and speed. and I would like to see a red glowing aura instead of red thing coming out of the guy.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:19:22 pm »
The melee is a good idea, but I have spacebar as my throw weapon button -___-

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 04:15:13 pm »
They have a melee weapon, its a top secret, high tech weapon codenamed the "knife". It is even throwable, or so the rumors say. As for making it just a button to melee further, I say sure. BUt like jbigz, I have space as throw. It really doesn't seem that useful since you could just shoot them. As for the beserker, sure but since no one uses powerups...
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 04:51:50 pm »
the chance of getting close to a guy with the gun and break his jaw is close to none, so I propose to throw your primary.
So then what the fuck is the chainsaw for?

They have a melee weapon, its a top secret, high tech weapon codenamed the "knife". It is even throwable, or so the rumors say.
Not everyone carries a knife, buddy. Besides, Soldat has a melee already but I think it's reach is too short. As for it being mapped to the spacebar, thats too bad if your throw is mapped to spacebar. I'm sure it wouldn't be to much trouble to change it.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 04:56:52 pm »
So your saying you refuse to use saw or knife and you want everyone who has it mapped to spacebar to change it. I'm sure its not too much trouble to use saw or knife. You never even would use it, just shoot them.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 05:51:18 pm »
I would like to see something along the lines of a leaping kick. Suddenly you shoot towards your enemy with a kick that does some damage, and perhaps can be used for dodging.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 06:50:06 pm »

So your saying you refuse to use saw or knife and you want everyone who has it mapped to spacebar to change it. I'm sure its not too much trouble to use saw or knife. You never even would use it, just shoot them.
I had a tough time reading that..I don't "refuse to use knife or saw" I actually use both. And you would use it. For instance, what if you were shooting at somebody and his health is low and he's flying over you and you're out of ammo and he's already reloading and you have no time to switch to your secondary you can just melee him for a kill as he takes off above you. I have been in numerous close quarters fights, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 10:22:24 pm by Valorman »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 07:10:44 pm »
So what your saying is you use saw and knife, yet you want a melee feature. Why? Shoot people, don't run up and melee their face. I kind of like the kick thing, reminds me of River City Ransom.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 07:25:12 pm »

So then what the **** is the chainsaw for?

1st, saw has range eventhough is close to none
2nd, saw is useless unless it was a surprise attack. sawers are easy prey and free kills.

Always remember the succubus...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »
the more is the reload time of the weapon, the more dmg it deals.
That means I could kill two birds with one stone. Fire a LAW, then throw the empty tube at someone and kill them due to it's massive reload time.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!