Author Topic: Weapons You Hate  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
Re: WEAPONS U HATE
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 05:17:29 pm »
I hate the Barret, M79, and the knife.
One Love
Yes

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 05:59:14 pm »
m79 knife and...nade... god....bless you If I catch you using them as primary..
Always remember the succubus...

Offline santa

• Major(1)
  • Ima comin for ya...
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 06:18:42 pm »
Well, if someones good with it, M79 not FTW.
Soldat name:  |kC| Santa Claus|:D

Current clan: |kC|

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 06:54:04 pm »
I like how everyone hates the knife despite the fact that it's a hard weapon to use.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 06:58:49 pm »
I like how everyone hates the knife despite the fact that it's a hard weapon to use.
People hate the knife. Even when I sucked with it a lot more I didn't hate it, its like the hardest to use. It's like a 1 shot M79 that doesn't always kill. People who hate it: learn to use it its the best secondary.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 07:52:57 pm »

is not THAT hard
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 07:55:29 pm »

is not THAT hard
But it's certainly difficult enough to use that it should not be hated but respected. Now, in Soldat, it is practically human nature to get fed up with being killed, especially if the person just got lucky because you spawned right near them, and especially if it's a one hit killer but... I don't know.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
Re: Weapons You Hate
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:05 pm »
but come on the f/ck knife kill u of one cut i mean thats fuck up if a knife does that a m79 shell must destroy u even if dont touch u cause the expancion wave i mean thats fuc/ up
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 11:15:07 pm »
It's not a game that is geared towards realism, darkangel.

And, again, I've said this about 5 times: IF A GUN SEEMS SO UNFAIR THAT OTHER PEOPLE USE IT, JOIN THE CLUB AND START KICKING ASS WITH IT.
Like, f**ken duh?

And putting a recruitment section right after a "Weapon Hating" thread, what kind of players do you expect to recruit? Whiners?
Plus, isn't it against the rules to do that in a normal thread?

I don't like bashing people, but you gave me plenty reason to.

BTW grammar ftw.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 02:46:44 am »
I hate m79 when it's being used against me. But when I use it, its loads of fun. :)

Haha, very true. It is a little frustrating getting blown to pieces with the m79 but it's great blowing up other players.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 04:11:40 am »
M79 IS LYK SO N00B, END JIN MIY CLAN I PWNGE.!!!!...

K.?
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 09:21:38 pm »
Weapons I hate using:

Barrett- 4 seconds between shots and startup time not to mention high bink and moveacc make it hard to use to me. I get good sometimes, but usually i stink with this weapon.

XM214 Minigun- Uh..need I say why?

Knife- my control scheme doesnt allow for easy access to the throw weapon button. Plus I end up throwing my main gun half the time.

Chainsaw- No range...

Weapons I hate facing:

M79- "LOL I CAN SPAM NADES!"

Ruger- BOOM BOOM SPLAT! Kills too fast. Im not really good with it but sometimes i ca use it well and I see its overpoweredness. Needs a little more time between shots or something.

Regular grenades- Sometimes matches turn into spamfests. Plus whenever I use them the people just get knocked out of the way, but then i automatically die from nade attacks easily. Either that or be weakened and killed in 1 shot after that. A little too widely used and a little too powerful IMO. I think it would be balanced if the limit was 2 nades or something tho.

Knife- Its so lame to me. I spray the crap out of people, theyre all bloody, then they pull that thing out and IM DEAD in an instant. Lame.

Barrett, LAW, and chainsaw are really the only 1 hit kill weapons I really respect. In order to be accurate, Baretters need to be really good at aiming. Lawers need to chouch, and chainsaws have no range. IMO theyre balanced. Knife and M79 are really irritating, nades are overused (out of 1971 deaths since i started using this program, nades kill me more than any other weapon, 311 deaths!) and sometimes too powerful (especially when people throw like 4 at you in 2 seconds), and the ruger seems a little overpowered.

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 12:15:02 am »

No one said it was easy to use buddy. Its just gets annoying if someone who's really good with it just keeps killing you with it right when your about to kill them.
One Love
Yes

Offline Android id:073

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 06:06:31 am »
yeah but knifes are easy to dodge. they are only REALLY powerful if they are thrown down, or if your close to them.
Got your hands bound, and your head down, and your eyes closed. You look so precious now.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 09:43:45 am »
Knife is by far the best secondary, use it if you are smart. That's the point, you can kill anyone; even if you are almost dead. Learn to use it, it took me like an hour to learn. Well... it was on hexer where I like don't die...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 09:45:34 am »
At the moment, I dislike the M79, since it's almost impossible to dodge in the hands of a lagger. (You don't see the real path of the bullet when it's lagging, and thus can still get hit by it quite easily.)
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline waynechriss

• Major
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 10:06:55 am »
Weapons I hate using: M79, Chainsaw, Law, Knife, Hunting Rifle, Minigun.

Weapons I hate going against: See above and the Barret

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 05:25:15 pm »
you hate going against chainsaw? one rolldodge and you're home free.

I've said this about 5 times: IF A GUN SEEMS SO UNFAIR THAT OTHER PEOPLE USE IT, JOIN THE CLUB AND START KICKING ASS WITH IT.
Like, f**ken duh?

Oh yeah, why dont everyone start using m79 what a jolly fun game it would be!

its not the quantity of kills m79 score on me, its the quality.
By killing with the m79 you just click the mouse and the enemy is dead within 1 second of doing so.

With other weapons, you have to follow your target, keeping a constant aim and doing some dodging as well in most cases.

I often take a m79 from a dead enemy, and use it as a secondary (shooting the m79 bullet then whipping out my steyr if it misses)

In most cases I find myself being just completely bored over how easy and pointless it is to kill someone with this POS

you just aim in the general direction of your enemy and whoa you got a kill.

"It requires skill to use and blalalabbla"

sad to say it, but no.
I had friends over who tested soldat. Never have played it before, they used some autos first and could not kill anyone. They quickly found out that the easiest wep to kill with was the m79, and they got pretty nice placements on the stat list.

because its so easy to use.

When you are close to someone and you have a m79 you practicaly CANT miss, and the other person doesent stand a chanse. Also if you miss with the m79, you most likely get to fire of a second shot before the guy shooting at you with an auto has killed you.

All of this is why I hate m79, and wish people focus on learning other weapons, instead of just immediatly going for what you get the most kills with.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 05:40:42 pm »
Weapons I hate to be killed by: Fist, its so humiliating

Offline knife skillz

• Major(1)
  • That's Right iSkate.
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 12:31:31 am »
KNIVES RULE! You're just high. Anyways i seriousl hate the Spas-12 since it fucks up my aim so badly and i hate the grenades force to make me move fucking up my aim again

Date Posted: September 09, 2007, 09:29:50 AM
I RLY HATE THE BARRETT IT S SOOOOo ANNOUING IT KILZ U in 1 HIT OMG SO FRUSTRATING I WNT TO QUIT CUZ OF IT. THS IS BS.

PS. JOIN MY CLAN LEGACY OF POONTAGE, CANT STOP THE TRAIN BABY

err i hope thats a joke cuz you should know an m79 is worse since its faster reload and all you need to do is run up to a person and fire
Trust in your knife
"Learn to see me like a brother unlike two distant strangers."
Ingame name: knife skillz im mostly playing in any deathmatch server as long as it has more than 2 people and sometimes i play on !Elite Snipe&Slice