Author Topic: Trench War Map Idea: Moon  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
Trench War Map Idea: Moon
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:42 am »
This is my idea for a trench war map. Feel free to take and use it.

Black areas are "base" or metallic polygons, dark grey is where scenery should be used for stairs, and light grey is there to represent the moon.

I didn't want to make the image too large, but this is not to scale. Realistically it would be infinitely longer with a lot more craters. The building in the middle has two floors. The top floor is too small to leave from but one can easily shoot from it. The flags are at the top, and the balcony is there for snipers and as a potential escape route (on tw servers where the goal is to cap the flag).

Whoever makes this (and makes it good) will get $$$ rape dollars.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Re: Trench War Map Idea: Moon
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:24:51 am »
you will have to do loooooots more of pits and towers and stuff between the two bases. short tw maps suck.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 11:56:25 am »
avarax is right and those towers are not really tw because they are over 2 levels...

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 12:07:18 pm »
This is my idea for a trench war map. Feel free to take and use it.

Black areas are "base" or metallic polygons, dark grey is where scenery should be used for stairs, and light grey is there to represent the moon.

I didn't want to make the image too large, but this is not to scale. Realistically it would be infinitely longer with a lot more craters. The building in the middle has two floors. The top floor is too small to leave from but one can easily shoot from it. The flags are at the top, and the balcony is there for snipers and as a potential escape route (on tw servers where the goal is to cap the flag).

Whoever makes this (and makes it good) will get $$$ rape dollars.

The goal is for it not to be a second floor, but rather, something the opposing team will only spend 2-5 seconds in grabbing the flag. And yes, the map is meant to be much, much longer as I said above.

Edit: The bases would be much taller than I've shown here, and a leap from up above would deal a lot of damage to any flag carriers. It's there as a last ditch kind of deal. If its an issue, feel free to remove it. It's just an idea after all.

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:33:22 pm »
Lapis, didn't you make this before?
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 07:37:23 pm »
I've never made a moon map or a trenchwar map for that matter.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 04:29:16 am »
I always like the ww1 image of trech warfware, lets face it 1 WAS the only time we used trenches to its maximum.

My ideal trench warfare map would be a few deep trenches that allow players to keep their heads down to cover themselves, but stand up to shoot?

Also the map has to reflect the kind of tactics used in ww1. so station acting as a heavy machinegun would give the impression of suicide to a single attacker.

Further more, this would encourage teams to charge in waves, to overwhelm the gunners.
If that doesnt work, Imagine yuorself taking cover in the nearest trench as several LAW rockets from the enemy lines come crashing down like artillery!

This impression i have might not be shared but hey! its the more interresting if u ask me! and much more real, which if i beleive, is what most player prefer!

Offline {AFRO}BlackPowerFi

• Major
  • Theres an AFRO under that hat.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 12:28:55 pm »
What ever ideas u guys come up with make them and i will put in server rotation Unfortantly my server is down because of transfering host.
A.frican American
F.ighting for
R.acial free
O.nline play

Offline crackadillicus

• Major
    • my musics
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 10:34:25 pm »
i like the idea

just started up work this week, so i got no time, but once i find some i might have at it
I am the walrus?