Author Topic: Clan Interaction  (Read 5236 times)

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
Re: Clan Interaction
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 11:20:58 pm »
Yes, the nagging of my parents is what keeps me away from IRC because I cannot commit. However, this alone isn't what bothers me. I've never played in a gather yet, I've only played a few scrims, and yet I am a relatively good player. I just played everyday I could to practice my movements, and learned the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon. Why bother complicating myself with IRC when I could just open Soldat and play pubs? Which are actually better than you think they are? You probably haven't played in a good public server yet, you've been glued to IRC and private servers forever now.
Let me throw in my personal opinion.
I played from 1.1.2 to 1.3 in pubs, enough that I was something like #3 in M79 kills and #5 in Socom in U13, so don't tell me I don't know what pubs are like.
I played from 1.3 to now in IRC.
Not for a second would I want to go back to pubs from IRC. IRC offers a much more fun environment, regardless of the fact that it is also competitive.

The only reason you're going to be made fun of in IRC is if you're a dumbass, which gives me a perfectly valid reason to make fun of you.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 03:15:40 pm »
IRC is friggin' intimidating.

I downloaded it and started 'er up and watched all the people ask each other to play filling up games and chatting. It felt odd because I knew noone, and I felt like I was intruding on a private party if I wanted to join a game.

It's not a really new-to-IRC-people friendly place.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 08:26:48 pm »
All you really need to do is just say your new.  Someone there will show you the ropes. 

In my mind, pubs tend to have people of lesser skill level then on gathers and IRC.  It can be fun, I admit, but it also can be rather annoying when your team is full afk players or what not.  IRC while it may seem more organized, is still all about the fun of soldat.  2 teams of 3 duking it out to see who's better. 

Basically, if you really want to get better and improve on soldat, your going to almost have to download mirc and get into the gather community.  But if your content playing pubs I still recommend at least trying it out once or twice.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 08:39:54 pm »
IRC is friggin' intimidating.

I downloaded it and started 'er up and watched all the people ask each other to play filling up games and chatting. It felt odd because I knew noone, and I felt like I was intruding on a private party if I wanted to join a game.

It's not a really new-to-IRC-people friendly place.
New people come in all the time, just wait for a conversation you can relate to. That might help break the ice.
@ii

Offline matt

• Soldier
  • $Gen.TheKilla$pl |BOS|: Yippe-Ki-Yay Motherf**ker!
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 09:17:21 pm »
If they dont want to show up for practice then kick them out and find more devoted players to be in your clan. Or you could just try mIRC. :D but you still should have a normal server practice once a week for an hour. Try to make it a saturday make a time when you can show up and ask other members can they show up, then just establish a time so everyone is happy.  ;)
Signature removed, read the forum rules.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 02:42:14 am »
what if the players are half the globe away from u >.<
Image removed, please read the forum rules.