Author Topic: ..::(Full Spectrum Forces)::.. by PaFcio  (Read 110081 times)

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
Re: Universal Forces
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2008, 05:32:28 pm »
How about an OC-14?
http://world.guns.ru/assault/groza1.jpg

Or an AN-94?
http://world.guns.ru/assault/an94-1.jpg

Also, your AK74U should be AKS-74U.

And I'm guessing by the sheer number of weapons, the answer is no, but this mod will not have modified weapons.ini, will it?

And one last thing... I notice all you're showing us is the interface graphics. If this is a full mod, where are the gosteks and weapons-gfx?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:36:14 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2008, 06:12:15 pm »
And I'm guessing by the sheer number of weapons, the answer is no, but this mod will not have modified weapons.ini, will it?

Uhm, actually it does since it's actually 4 mods in one package [has a dedicated launching program]. You do know you can download this mod, right? The way you worded it sounds as if you were assuming this was a in-progress mod.

And one last thing... I notice all you're showing us is the interface graphics. If this is a full mod, where are the gosteks and weapons-gfx?

Doesn't mean they don't exist of course. Well that's only half true... Only gostek modification for the mod is the hat for each of the 4 themes. Weapons-gfx are all there, but it's not really like there's a lot to show since they're all grey sticks [except for the '74s] and is it really worth showing the in-game for all 89 [mighta counted wrong] if only 4 of them are easily picked out for what they are?

Oh yeah, Pafel, AK's in-game mag is pretty fugly. Doesn't fit and feels overly large. Inflatable Skykanden sez: "please upgrade." :)
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:08 pm »
Well usually when people have that many weapons, there's some kind of configurator program, and just the interface is replaced. That's why I asked.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2008, 06:46:26 pm »
Well usually when people have that many weapons, there's some kind of configurator program, and just the interface is replaced.

Show me a mod where the configurator only replaces the menu graphics. O_o
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2008, 06:52:05 pm »
That was a typo... I meant to say the weapons graphics ... oh yeah, and the sounds... but they don't usually change the weapons properties. At least it doesn't with Eradication wars...

by the way, I just downloaded this mod, and when I try to launch, all it does is give me an error sound with no message or anything.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2008, 07:39:14 pm »
Works fine on my computer and I downloaded about an hour ago just to confirm my above posts.

Eradication Wars does have its dedicated weapons.ini but Ivahn never updated the configurator for v1.4.x and because the ini lacks the recoil=X line, Soldat ignores the custom WM. Ah, yeah so I think I added the missing lines to get the WM working. I don't believe there is any released configurator out there right now that supports the 1.4.x WM.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2008, 06:23:56 am »
That was a typo... I meant to say the weapons graphics ... oh yeah, and the sounds... but they don't usually change the weapons properties. At least it doesn't with Eradication wars...

by the way, I just downloaded this mod, and when I try to launch, all it does is give me an error sound with no message or anything.

Sorry, but lastly I'm inactive. I've got a lot of work.

The problem you'are talking about is propably caused by wrong file placement. Mod folders (Day_Forces etc.) must be placed in Soldat/Mods, and the Universal Forces.exe start application must be placed in Soldat folder.

The mod have .ini's in 1.4.1/2 version as I good remember (with recoil).

The mod is already done and downloadable (link in 1st post) but I'm makin' new better version (.png gfx, better sounds, more weapons and new way better config that I even don't know how do for now) and it's in ~50% progress.

Btw: Ak-74U not AKs-74U. AKs is prefix of the name of AKs-47. Althought naming of AK is different everywere but I think that Ak-74U is real name.

Btw2: I tried already makin' OC-14 but without alpha transparency it's imposible to make it lookin' good in my style. AN-94 - I propably won't do it. It's ugly and it's not used by any army.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:26:13 am by PaFel »

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2008, 02:39:14 pm »
AK is the name of the gun family...
AKS = AK with folding/retractable stock
U = shortened AK...

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as03-e.htm

Click the link and read it.

If it's from wrong file placement, then the installer was set up wrong because all I did was install it, and it put the files wherever it wanted to. Also, the default directory that showed up was c:\program files\soldat, when soldat's default directory is c:\soldat.

The AN-94 isn't used by anybody?? I could have sworn it was at least used by Spetsnaz and whatever other Russian special forces there are...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:42:52 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2008, 03:12:46 pm »
Not everyone installs in C:\Soldat. I personally installed in C:\Program Files\[series of folders]\Soldat. You did install into [directory]\Soldat, though, right? Not into [dir]\Soldat\Mods?
Usually when I unpack stuff I unpack into a 'quarantine' folder so I can see all the parts of the installment in front of me to see where to then paste it into.
Would be nice to leave a note on where to install, though.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2008, 05:31:12 pm »
Well... I got it working now, but uh... I have to say, your ingame graphics suck, and to be honest, in most of your interface graphics, due to so-called "dithering," I can't tell where one part of a gun ends and another begins. you made a lot of weapons, but they mostly look like crap. the guns just look like one solid mass, and due to the shade of grey most of the guns are, you can barely even see them ingame. and why is the  M14 so damn short? Perhaps you should have concentrated on making a few guns look good rather than squeezing 50-some crude-looking objects from your anus. There's absolutely no contrast in them except for the AKs due to the orange and "wood" parts. Make the in-games darker, and give them some more contrast and actual shading. That goes for the interface graphics too.

Shading = showing varying amounts of light on different parts of the gun. What you've done looks like randomly placed pixels. That's not the same thing.

By the way, I found another mistake...

WTF is that misty bollocks extending from the "MP5" ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:00:04 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2008, 05:38:17 pm »
Uh, most look fine to me except for, hrm, M14 and the Desert Camo series  which could use some contrast boosting. Was there a rule that required all gun to be to-scale? Hey man, get your own work up to the level before mocking others.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2008, 05:43:42 pm »
Up to the level?? You can actually tell what my guns are supposed to be. they're not made of randomly placed pixels that make the whole thing look like a solid block of metal. And maybe you should tell that to Pafel, considering he was one of the first to come and twat me out about my own mod.

Hey, let's all use dithering on files that are like 7 by 3 pixels... what a great idea...

And by the way, I love the double standards around here. this mod isn't technically complete yet, and he didn't do a gostek. he made a lot of weapons and an interface... how can this belong in full mods? Besides that, I just love how it's okay for anybody else to criticize whatever the hell they feel like, but the second I try to tell someone his mod isn't good, Mr. Troll comes along to give me hell for it. Get back under your bridge and leave the goats alone already.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:52:15 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2008, 06:28:40 pm »
Since when did your mods get moved to Partial? Since never. Hey, let's stop being a backseat mod unless you actually do have mod powers. Rules don't state definition of Full Mod as "requiring a gostek."

Btw we were, laming about your mod? Lolno... Pafel tried to give you some pointers only for you to improve on what you have and not as if he was looking down on you or anything. Anyways, yes I'm being a troll right now since you called me that [call me that a few more times please]. but I was just trying to explain some things...

So sure, I take back my comment about your stuff being 'crappy' because you need that kind of freedom [I admit! I admit!] and it's not right to try to force everyone into some kind of 'standard' but, I dunno. I think there's a different between being free to do it your own way [Gedazz] and just doing it... well, I think your weapons graphics are 'different' but 'nothing special' [again, opposed to say, Soldat Pit which is 'different' and 'special']. Honestly, why are you picking on Pafel anyways? He might not be the best example but he goes around helping people which is a damn lot better than what you've done. If you want to crit some good weapons, go look up PapaSurf's CoD4 in the General Discussions section and then we'll talk.

Btw, you're a 22 year old man and you're trying to avenge a slight caused by a 14[15?] year old. Says a damn lot.

By the way, I found another mistake...

WTF is that misty bollocks extending from the "MP5" ?

"By the way" that's not a mistake... it's an attempt at a flashlight. >.<
Helps to read the words you know instead of declaring everything as a mistake.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:49:44 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2008, 07:44:28 pm »
I don't recall seeing any kind of explanation of that thing being a flashlight... how the hell was I supposed to know? it's not like I've seen anything like that before. I'm not trying to avenge anything. I said what I thought of it... It needs more contrast. Excuse me all to hell. What I said wasn't meant to be insulting; I was being honest. I don't know why you'd want a flashlight anyway. all it does is act as a beacon so people can see you more easily.

No, none of my mods got moved, but I got twated at for having posted where I did... but I keep seeing other people post things that aren't complete or full here.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:48:56 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »
Make a list of them then. Also please list 'your' definition for 'full mod.' If they are in the wrong spot by all means they'll be moved.

Btw first of all bots can't tell if you're holding a bright flaming sack of poo 20 feet in front of you, and online, nobody else can see what mod you're using. Hell, that kid on the other end might see you as a frickin rainbow colored mech because of his mod.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:52:12 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2008, 07:51:53 pm »
my definition pretty much matches the one listed in the forum rules... one in which all or almost all of the components are edited. All I see changed here are the weapons, their sounds, 1 small piece of gostek, and the interface. Nobody said it absolutely required gosteks, but there are other things that could have been modified. And besides, I was mainly referring to the fact that it's not complete. He's still working on it. And while I totally disagree with that, others bitched at me and Gnoblar for not having a complete mod at the time of posting. All I ask is that there is consistency, that's all.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2008, 07:57:56 pm »
Go complain to the game publishers that patch up games they turn out, then. UF was completed a long time ago but Pafel chose to add some weapons later -- that's a fundamental difference between what Gnob had.

Oh yeah, lots of other stuff could be modified. Hey, son, your mod doesn't have modified animations and texture and extra maps so it's going to get moved over to Partia-- O shet look, all but what, 4 mods here also don't have... O shet!

What do you think you're going to accomplish by squealing about the 'unfairness' of the rules here?

little piggy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:01:08 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline ZMX

• Major(1)
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2008, 08:34:45 am »
Quit jacking the thread.

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2008, 10:15:38 am »
But Jacking threads is what trolls do best.

Oh look, my warning level went up. Awesome community you guys have here.

Apparently it's illegal for me to criticize someone's mod, but anybody else can do it... And it's also illegal to defend newbies from being flamed for making a small mistake...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:23:26 am by Magus86 »

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:29 am »
No, trolls should go back to their caves and attempt to kill the lawful heroes, wandering around searching for might, fame, chicks and loot.

The mod is really nice, although some weapons have crappy shading, like Reminghton M870 :/