Author Topic: Wpting. Basics- Horizontal jumping  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Wpting. Basics- Horizontal jumping
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:16:05 pm »
I've got a problem when it comes to bots and jumping, then moving in air to their next destination. This generally will occur with maps with no jet (so I don't waypoint jets into the map).

It explains itself. What I do to get around it is, even when there isn't any jet, I just add a simple jump straight up and jet, then connecting to a left or right getting over the step or building, whatever.

Any tips anyone on either what I do wrong, or what else to do?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Wpting. Basics- Horizontal jumping
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 05:21:33 pm »
Wait 1 Sec. sucks. The bots hardly ever abide by it unless they're in mid-air at the moment of collision with the wypt., for some reason. Use Wait 5 seconds or nothing at all (which is more often, since 5 seconds is an extremely long time, only good for jet-fuel recovery).

Get rid of the special command and select that same wypt. and press [Shift] + Left Arrow Key about 3 or 4 times to anticipate the bot's inertia as it drifts horizontally while jumping up.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:45:17 pm »
Alright, thanks.

Offline Kevin

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 02:11:35 am »
Waypointing is not as easy as you think.
The bots have to hit the little dots in the waypoints precisely.
Otherwise, they won't get the commands from them.

When waypointing you have to literally have hours of free time and alotta nerve. You have to test, and when it doesn't work, go back and move the waypoint a few pixels, until it does.

Hard...

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:16 pm »
Meh, I've waypointed all of my maps so far. How good? I dunno...but I've done it, and the bots do basically what they are told to do. I've also done one other person's, but that was a kinda bad job :-\. Actually, I've also done waypointed a boat map for someone, but the make of the map made it rather difficult to do. A better waypointer would've had to do that...oh well, I still learned from it.