Author Topic: Tracer rounds  (Read 1591 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
Tracer rounds
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:52:50 am »
Who has converted their bullets to use 'tracer' rounds so that it is easier to see the bullet path?

They used to be more usefull when the default bullets were hard to see in some maps, but since version 1.4 (or when ever it was) the default bullets are much more visible. You could even give each weapon a different tracer colour so you can imedialy see what's being fired at you. I made my Minimi bullets mostly red, with a couple of white or yellow pixels at the end.

BTW, This thread is more about pure high-visibility bullets, rather than some sci-fi laser mod.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:00:57 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: Tracer rounds
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:13:56 am »
I've always used two pixel wide bullets, but with the most recent install, I've only modified a few projectile-gfx.

Boxo had a good idea once... he replaced Soldat sounds so the most noticable one was the 'hit' noise, with everything else mostly just silence. Made spraying much more effective, and also drove me nuts through ventrilo during clan wars :D

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »
I make all my autos different colors. There isn't much variety with MS paint, so the rest of the guns aren't as varied in color. But I can still recognize them by speed, rate, and sound.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:29:05 pm »
(I was thinking you could do that would gosteks aswell?)

I was thinking about this, it's a good idea
(Make an "obvious where you are" mod)

Although bright pink bullets shooting towards you might get annoying...

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:15:02 pm »
I've always used two pixel wide bullets, but with the most recent install, I've only modified a few projectile-gfx.

Boxo had a good idea once... he replaced Soldat sounds so the most noticable one was the 'hit' noise, with everything else mostly just silence. Made spraying much more effective, and also drove me nuts through ventrilo during clan wars :D
that's too good not to steal.  where can i get it?
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:03:15 pm »

I actually tried the opposite, and lowered the sounds of the hits to near nothing and pinpointed the sprayers location rather effectively.

Offline Blazing Tiger

• Major(1)
  • lolwut
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:15:21 pm »
I used to use brightly colored mods to get a better view of my bullets--and nades. Right now the only thing I keep different are nades, the original sprite is so damn hard to see and get away from on some maps.
IGN: Anal Glaucoma

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:04:38 am »
The only thing I've modified is my grenades. Made them white.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 09:35:13 am »
My nades have always been white, i once made my deagle bullets white and red. I really hate the 1.4.x bullets so now i use the 1.3.1 bullets.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 10:46:02 am »
It took a while of getting used to the bullets for me, but once I got used to them, I find them a lot better than the previous version's bullets. It just takes time for you to adjust to them.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 12:01:49 pm »
I made the nade white and red, changed the crosshairs to not suck, and made a few of the weapons almost completely orange for super anticamping.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 01:42:02 pm »
I've never really done any bullet/grenade modifications to make tracking enemies easier. I DID try that built-in sniper line thing for the barret once. It failed. Hard.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 04:59:50 pm »
I changed all of the autos bullets only...

mp5 = Made them light blue.
AK = Made them orange.
Steyr = Made them light green.
Minimi and Minigun = Made them light purple.

Made my nades smiley faces.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 08:24:49 pm »
I did in 1.3.1., but in the 1.4.0+ versions I havent needed it, the bullets are far more visible now. Back in 1.3.1., I used lasers. AK had bright red bullets, mp5 bright blue, ruger bright yellow, etc.