Author Topic: HELP PLEASE! - Cannot change visible in OnShow or Onhide  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Xyku

• Major(1)
HELP PLEASE! - Cannot change visible in OnShow or Onhide
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:45:41 pm »
Well the past few days, I've had some problems with Soldat. I downloaded Eradication Wars, the mod, installed and everything, and it worked fine. A few days later, which was yesterday,  I couldn't start up Soldat without closing Explorer.exe first, then running Soldat through my Task Manager, then restarting Explorer.exe. Well, I was playing last night, got off, went to sleep. I got up earlier, and I tried to play, and when I clicked "launch", it opens soldat to the menu, and I get an error that says "Cannot change visible in OnShow or OnHide" And the top of the box simply says "Soldat".

Any help would be excellent, this isn't my computer, so I'm kind of afraid that I might have screwed something up.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Just delved a little deeper into it, if I close the error and go back to soldat, it gets another error that says "Access violation at address 00556EAC in module 'Soldat.exe' of address 00004B74"

If I'm in-game, I can press escape and it closes it, and if I quickly click something, it goes to it, then there error pops up again. I can do this repeatedly, but it doesn't load the servers up, nor shows any maps in single player mode.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:53:06 pm by Xyku »

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: HELP PLEASE! - Cannot change visible in OnShow or Onhide
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 12:55:45 pm »
Restart the computer first off, if you haven't already.
If that doesn't fix it, try uninstalling Soldat, removing the Soldat folder, and reinstalling it.

Offline Xyku

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »
Bah, I always restart the computer if I'm having a problem, I don't know why I didn't this time. Thank you very much :) 

And uhh.. sorry for making you waste your 1337 post. :( lol

Offline simo

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 06:09:35 am »
AHHHHHH! I've got the same problems but nothing is working!!!! HELP, i installed dawn of war, then this stopped working. got reid of DoW now i've got nothing HELP!! plz any suggestions. I've tried display settings, clean reinstall, restart comp, reinstall graphics driver anything would be good!

Date Posted: September 24, 2007, 08:26:13 am
Still trying but i think this is beyond me. So any help at all would be great.

Date Posted: September 26, 2007, 06:30:30 am
oh and just looked, on the start screen, the one where you have the option to click ok or exit. The info down the bottom left says Soldat 1.4.1. 

The plot thinkens. Any help much appretiated.
(EPIC)Simo

Plays GameArena 1 and 3

Also known to be seen at !Elite S&S and Hexer

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 06:25:05 am »
Format hard drive.
Reinstall Windows.
Install Soldat.
???.
Profit

Offline simo

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 12:07:40 am »
thanks, sounds complicated. thanks mate. see what i can do and get back to you on it.

Date Posted: September 26, 2007, 08:40:13 am
I fixed it. After doing everything i could to change graphics settings and i was so close to giving up. I decided to go to itunes and listen to some tunes. But it wouldn't play. So opened to computer up. Sound card wasn't in properly. Chucked it back in properly and whataya know. Back playing soldat again. YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!!
(EPIC)Simo

Plays GameArena 1 and 3

Also known to be seen at !Elite S&S and Hexer