Author Topic: The WTF map makers  (Read 2109 times)

Offline adarius

• Major
  • "I'm more than my name." -The Recruit
The WTF map makers
« on: September 23, 2007, 10:37:56 pm »
Currently consisting of myself and a clan mate.

Members:
[101st]{AB} Bell
[101st] Truley

Current Maps - Supported game modes: (Image links attached to map name.)

WTF is that - DM, CTF, HTF, INF, Rambo
WTF was that - DM, TDM, CTF, HTF, INF, Ramdo

Map are not waypointed. WTF was that doesn't need waypoints, it's a small map.  WTF is that...well I was just lazy. =\

Downloads:
WTF Map Pack 1
-WTF is that
-WTF was that

Note: These maps are created out of pure randomness and are designed for hard, fast, and just pure insane playing.  They aren't supposed to be amazing or well thought or anything, pure random, pure fun.  NOW PLAY!

Edit: By the way, on these maps, the more people there are, the more fun it'll be.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:50:13 am by adarius »

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: The WTF map makers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:12:39 pm »
Please post some overviews of your maps, as is stated in forum rules.  [retard]
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline adarius

• Major
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:32:16 am »
Sorry, they will either be up shortly this morning or after I get home from school.  I uploaded these at around midnight last night and was falling asleep at my keyboard, my attention to detail wasn't very strong then.

Edit: I was able to get them up this morning, maybe some people will actually download the maps and have some game on em with a bunch of other people.  Yes, I do mean for anyone to DL and play them with others BEFORE they criticize them.  Oh and, the maps are not bot waypointed.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:48:13 am by adarius »

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:02:46 am »
This hurts my feelings.... please delete this thread, it's a offense for the mapmakers like me.  >:(

Offline SoNNy

• Soldier
  • Whoosaaa
    • Soldat gamepark
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:33:17 am »
This hurts my feelings.... please delete this thread, it's a offense for the mapmakers like me.  >:(
Yes, you are the biggest mapmaker on the world....  please be more placable

to author of this thread: Can you upload some overviews ? I think  no-one will not download it without screens. Thanks

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:55:06 am »
^ There are overviews, check the main post again.

And I wouldn't call these maps. Zero effort. Mapping isn't about randomly placing a dozen polygons ¬_¬

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 10:00:48 am »
Yes, you are the biggest mapmaker on the world....  please be more placable
I hope some day i will be... I said it because i saw more beautiful maps before, and everyone knows, this is a
Zero Effort
map. I'm doing a map which will take me a month and half, but it will be f*cking great, so, if you can (I say this to the mapmaker)
Spend more time in every map and be patient. The world wasn't created in a day!!

Date Posted: 24 September 2007, 16:59:22
Mapping isn't about randomly placing a dozen polygons ¬_¬
You're right!

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:37:44 am »
The world was either created in seven days, or in 10,000 years.

On-topic: Lazy. Even if I have unfinished maps on my computer, I don't release them. This also does not belong in the Map Scrapyard, as it looks like it was made in five minutes.

Other than that, I hope the overview is a joke. A really, really bad joke

Offline adarius

• Major
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 12:09:15 pm »
You all offend me. Both me and my clan mate.  We are new mappers and we took an entire day just to get a basic layout down, then another day to try to actually make them seem interesting.

If you would like to flame every potential mapper you want, then be my guess.  You offer no advice, no criticism, just pure balls of fire to wipe out everyone.  Would you like me to never release a map ever until I'm the best mapper in the world?  If so then go shoot yourselves.  With that clearly said, I have no more, and the bell is about to ring so, whatever, I'll check this when i get home.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 12:25:36 pm »
We are new mappers and we took an entire day just to get a basic layout down, then another day to try to actually make them seem interesting.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't lie .-.
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 12:34:22 pm »
I was a noob mapper, and my first maps never were and never will be posted (Oh, i did so many shit maps...) only when i had esperience and i did a good map i posted it. All what i can tell you to improve the map is: Find a theme, then draw a sketch, then do the polygons, then move them, finally, add sceneries to your map (Short).

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:21 pm »
We can't offer constructive crictism on a map that would have taken anyone here five minutes to make.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 02:33:19 pm »
I'll put it simple.

This is a mapping forum.

If you make a map, we can give you constructive criticism.

Look at that 'thing' on the second screen. Is it a map? No, it's 5 polygons layed across. Look at the first monster. Woopee, it's atleast a dozen polygons layed across!

Make a map. Then we'll help you. Your pull first though.

Locked.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 05:24:36 pm »
I don't quite understand that post above :\

Y'know, I don't think it would be a horrifically far stretch of truth to say that there could be quite some potential in the first HTF.
(Well, the layout's interesting to ME, anyways ::))

But it really would need a lot of work, if not a complete overhaul. A good rule of thumb for terrain is simply its surface appearance: if you can accurately guess the # of polygons used to make a floating rock or whatnot, it's probably too simple, so your single- and double-triangles are out of the question if you want to make a great map. Flat stretches are also quite boring, such as the top section. Flat color, too? Bad, d00d. Baaaaaad. But I insist on a revamp, if not by you, then by another mapper! The general layout looks very promising for HTF.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 07:43:17 pm by Keron Cyst »