Author Topic: Trenchwars, why?  (Read 13647 times)

MoonWolf

Re: Trenchwars, why?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 09:39:26 am »
I may be new to the forums but I've played TW for a while, and all the other game modes as well.  Publics are much different from a clan game.  Publics usually bring in all skill levels of players, which results in almost no team work at all.  Same goes for a TW server usually.  Unfortunately, teamwork is usually the key to TW play.

As for clan wars, it gets very intense. Many clan war games end in no caps, or very, very few.  This, is where the domination script comes in hand.  The more land you cover and hold closer to the enemy's base, the larger amount of domination you get, same with more kills.  Also, clans usually have decent players, and the match is insanely hard and enjoyable.  So if you really want a TW experience, try to join a TW clan for a while and get into a Clan War match with them, then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 09:58:29 am »
I HATE TW IS SO BORING, ALL THE GAME MODE IS LIKE IN SLOW MOTION, IT SUCK CAUSE U HAVE TO BE CAREFULL OF EVRYTHING FALLS , NO AIM LAWS , NO AIM BULLETS AND EVEN WALK IM MEAN WTF!!!!!!!

Let's talk again once your balls have dropped.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 10:30:05 am »
is my opinion idiot if u dont like it dont say a thig FOR ME TW SUCKS HARD OK????
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 11:22:32 am »
*sigh* Try growing a functioning brain stem before posting again. I've had enough of dumbasses like you.

I'm a hardcore TW fan through and through. Those who have played it with good teams on both sides know what I mean when I say that TW is much more chaotic, and sometimes more intense, than a normal CTF match. You always have to keep your eyes open, and get pretty good at placing long-range shots out of memory (if you're fire support like I am). Long live Trenchwar.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 12:13:21 pm »
*sigh* Try growing a functioning brain stem before posting again. I've had enough of dumbasses like you.

I'm a hardcore TW fan through and through. Those who have played it with good teams on both sides know what I mean when I say that TW is much more chaotic, and sometimes more intense, than a normal CTF match. You always have to keep your eyes open, and get pretty good at placing long-range shots out of memory (if you're fire support like I am). Long live Trenchwar.

Cheers! (except for the through and through part :D i just started enjoying the chaoticness bout 3-4 weeks ago, still got much to learn bout TW)

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 03:07:26 pm »
I HATE TW IS SO BORING, ALL THE GAME MODE IS LIKE IN SLOW MOTION, IT SUCK CAUSE U HAVE TO BE CAREFULL OF EVRYTHING FALLS , NO AIM LAWS , NO AIM BULLETS AND EVEN WALK IM MEAN WTF!!!!!!!
I wonder how many rules you just broke.
I like TW quite a bit, the slower based makes it more fun for some reason. :/
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 05:28:13 pm »
Rofl... You make me sick... Grow up you idiot...
yeah, TW is the best game mode ever, I especially like the dead silence when no friend is around you(they are all noob and havent re-spawned yet) and you know that the enemies are coming, the airstrike, napalm, and artillary are also very cool, now I can actually hit someone far away when using LAW(in normal ctf there is too much crap like mountains and stuff getting in the way), also TW is realistic, and I am a Airsoft(MIL-SIM) fan, so I like the realistic game mode.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 12:38:37 pm »

So don't play it, and stop spamming.  You've now been warned.

And to everyone else who replied to this: please don't give spammers attention, that hijacks threads and is not fair to the original author of the thread as well as anyone else who took the time to post in the thread.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 12:46:42 pm »
is my opinion idiot if u dont like it dont say a thig FOR ME TW SUCKS HARD OK????

I didn't say that because you said your opinion, I say it because you failed to make a point, kid.

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 01:16:56 pm »
TW is like college.  Not for everyone.  I play from time to time.  I feel it's not truly Soldat though.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 02:12:30 pm »
I don't really know why people like it so much, or why there are so many servers. it seems 1 dimentional when compared to the strategy involved in any other CTF
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 02:14:12 pm »
I love it after exausting non-stop battles on tight CTF maps.
You relax and enjoy teamchat and maybe strategy/teamwork :O

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 02:45:49 pm »
I like having more options, even ones that only a few people like don't hurt anyone else.  Special gamemodes like TW and Dodgeball just give you one more thing to do if the other modes are getting old.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 03:15:19 pm »
TW is like college. Not for everyone. I play from time to time. I feel it's not truly Soldat though.

Straight up! Thats why so many enjoy it, its different, its tactics, its damn fun!

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Amida2k2

• Major(1)
  • Not now chief, I'm in the f***in' zone.
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 07:51:26 pm »
TW is very fun, and very strategic. A lot of people just need to learn that rushing in TW will end up in getting killed, and actually losing your team ground. That's my two cents.
Past Names: Vahn, Eco, Amid, ~Amid
Past Clans:Mafia`[/s], LB|, {-M-}
Past Teams: <ML>
Current Clan & Name: ~Amid<ML>

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 08:17:19 pm »
TW is like college.  Not for everyone.  I play from time to time.  I feel it's not truly Soldat though.
Lol. Sorry, but that's a pretty bad analogy. But I do agree TW's feel is definitely not Soldat.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 11:15:47 am »
Like someone else said, the fact that there's only one path completely changes the gameplay.  Gameplay is much slower and more strategic, because the only route is always filled with defenders.  That means to gain ground, you need to move forward as a team, which requires a lot of communication.  The added tactics make Trenchwars a lot of fun, IMO.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 11:21:25 am »
TW is like college. Not for everyone. I play from time to time. I feel it's not truly Soldat though.
Lol. Sorry, but that's a pretty bad analogy. But I do agree TW's feel is definitely not Soldat.
Meh, iunno, he's got the general idea of the contrast. And, indeed, TW is a game in its own.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Dr. Zombi3

• Soldier
  • Happy Almost Halloween :)
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 06:59:48 pm »
I'm kinda' getting into TW's...I played a game about 2 nights ago. In regular CTF, I'm a rusher so when I played TW I kinda had that same mentality...boy did I get owned.

Offtopic: Does anyone know if theres a mappack for TW maps? Or something similar with the most popular maps used in TW.
well you should play more often, i heard that if you have kz skills you can rush forward faster, like jumping on building and stuff.

offtopic: just download them straight from ec tw or other tw servers.
3 warnings then did naughty thing. Now Banned.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 08:34:11 am »
TW is pretty fun but it takes way too much teamwork for it to work.
Always remember the succubus...