Author Topic: a few ideas...  (Read 1101 times)

Offline oneironaut

• Major(1)
a few ideas...
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:20:35 am »
ok ok, first of all i should apologize in advance because im sure some of these have already been mentioned, but i dont have time to check every post to see whats been said and what hasnt.  so, a few neat ideas:

1.  additional primary weapons

- Some kind of automatic assault rifle with a working scope (unlike the fake scope on the streyr).  It could fire at a slower pace than the minim but produce more dmg per shot... and of course more bink...

- Bow/arrow as primary option... but im sure this one has been requested to death.

- Bazooka/rocket launcher.  Like the law but with poorer, semi-sporadic aim.  of course a slow reload time as it would be one shot kill... but with a bigger blast radius than the m79

- lasers! or...  tommy guns!

2.  Secondary/pick up weapons

- Land mines!  have them as a pick up like grenades.  make them visible but not too visible (maybe a blinking beacon of some sort)

- grenades and landmines should be reactive to gunfire... how sweet would it be to be able to shoot a grenade out of the air?

- Napalm grenades... set fire to areas/players for some duration.

- socom as an always handy weapon... you get to choose another secondary with socom as a given.

3.  Alternate gaming modes

- mission or story mode:  as a team or solo... things like defending a target, or assassinating a target guarded by somewhat more intelligent AI... sneaking missions... no jets on some... rendezvous... etc etc etc.

- usable Vehicles... like tanks, jeeps, etc etc... as part of the story mode. or even for trench wars/infiltration.

...again, sorry if any of this seems redundant, but i think these additions would improve an already awesome game!  cheers!

Date Posted: September 27, 2007, 06:15:15 am
aaannnnnnd, i should have read the "read before posting sticky".  fuck my life. hahah  sorry for wasting everyones time    :-*

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: a few ideas...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:30:58 am »
I don't think any additional weapons are need. We allready have a wide range of firearms, and any new would probably just break the 'weaponary peace'. As much as I love your idea of a new assault weapon with an actualy scope, I really think it would just mess up the balance.

And as for the mines, I think they would be a cool add, but in a game where you're jetting through the air around 80% of the time, I just don't see the point. And we have no need for a new 1-shot-killer. 2 is very much enough.

Oh, and good luck introducing the laser ;)

You also mentioned having the socom at all time, and not only as a secondary.. Well, the socom is an excellent sidearm, and it's pretty much the only one I use. Having that as an additional firearm AND a law would just be way to overpowered. Sorry.

Vehicles - NO!

Storymode, solo/coop. This would be so cool, it really would. But I don't think it will ever be implemented. Sadly..

Waggabing,
echo
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:11:32 pm »
I can see you forgot to read the stickies here, oneironaut
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline oneironaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:14:17 pm »
I can see you forgot to read the stickies here, oneironaut

i can see you forgot to read the end of my post, biscuiteer. 

Offline yellowraiden

• Major(1)
  • <+++<
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 11:35:02 pm »
ye! Land all minds in those BOX, Low Trees ... no sniper camping. But a nade can blow it out. good idea anyway.

Offline HiCe

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 04:04:52 am »
What about nuking the enemy base? [/irony]
There's no need for additional weapons... weapons you have to pick up don't really fit to the game, and mines would just slow down the game-speed cause everyone would have to fly all the time without getting speed by kickjumping polygons. Vehicles... eew! Ever thought about playin' BF instead of Soldat? :x

Story Mode: Kind of already exists, there are a few maps on which you have to infiltrate buildings protected by bots or to save some hostages. It works without any scripts or something, so it's quite simple...

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 04:14:02 am »
EVERY SINGLE SUGGESTION YOU JUST MADE is "illegal". Look at the ****ing "DONT SUGGEST  LIST" BEFORE SUGGESTING, you dumb****.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:36:43 am »
READ THE PART AT THE END OF HIS POST HE MADE AFTER READING THE LIST, you dumb****.

*edit*

And HiCe, even with infiltration or scripts story mode is

A: Impossible to do.

B: a great idea that has been suggested, and gotten approval, but is never going to be in Soldat. Not because it isn't needed, but because as of now it can't be done. Infiltration doesn't stand a chance to what a real story mode would be; there're some things you can't scrape together with Soldat's current abilities.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 07:40:37 am by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 08:34:04 am »
The part doesn't change my view of him, because you're supposed to read that stuff BEFORE posting.