Author Topic: ********* Kicked For Possible Cheat  (Read 6142 times)

Offline FlyingForehead

• Soldier
  • E.P <3
********* Kicked For Possible Cheat
« on: October 04, 2007, 08:59:40 pm »
I was playing CA INf Pub yesterday, and i killed 3 people in a row with a turret, then i was kicked by the server for a "possible cheat". If you didnt know i really discourage any hackers i meet to quit it while they still can, but I myself would never hack/cheat.

This has never happend before, but ive seen stacks of people being kicked for a "possible cheat" lately on GA servers. Is there a bug or what? Anyone who could answer this question, I'd be most grateful towards.

Cheers. FF

You can find me in the masturbation thread. At least that one is somewhat more interesting

Offline InuYasha

• Soldier
  • I'm Blue
    • HomeWork
Re: ********* Kicked For Possible Cheat
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 09:03:35 pm »
Its a fault with battleye

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 09:13:14 pm »
Its a fault with battleye

Please stop spreading misinformation.   "Kicked for possible cheat" is a message from the anti-cheat functionality in the server itself, not battleye. 

This is the 3rd or 4th time you've posted a blatantly wrong answer in a thread.  Please stick around and learn about these topics before posting so matter-of-factly in other peoples' threads with wrong answers

Offline InuYasha

• Soldier
  • I'm Blue
    • HomeWork
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 09:22:19 pm »
Then how do u explain why people get kicked for no god damn reason?

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 09:31:24 pm »
InuYasha, stop acting like a kid on these forums.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline FlyingForehead

• Soldier
  • E.P <3
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:43:07 pm »
Can we please stick to the matter at hand please.

You can find me in the masturbation thread. At least that one is somewhat more interesting

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 09:46:25 pm »
Yeah, the cheat detection is bugged, sorta. It's supposed to stop you from shooting the stat gun when you aren't on it, but you can be kicked even though you've legitimately landed on the stat gun and you've started firing.

In your case, I'd say someone had shot at you, moving you backwards, and causing the server to kick you for not being on the stat gun, even though your computer still thought you were.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline InuYasha

• Soldier
  • I'm Blue
    • HomeWork
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 09:49:37 pm »
Fine! I'll act more mature.

As I conclude, Battleye and caused 60% of Soldat players to be kicked for no apparent reason due to $able's bad coding skills as he was trying to get a BE patch out on a strict deadline. As we know, Battleye has stopped 90% of all public hacks. The remaining 10% of unknown hacks are still out there causing problems and chaos to the unsuspecting community. As a result, $able needs to stop rushing and slowly but steadily code his applications with love and care to debug any faults and problems he encounters to make a better and brighter Battleye.

Happy now.   

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 10:12:52 pm »

You don't.

It's really funny how much false information you put into one single post.
Not going to discuss with someone like this any further.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline InuYasha

• Soldier
  • I'm Blue
    • HomeWork
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 10:16:20 pm »

You don't.

It's really funny how much false information you put into one single post.
Not going to discuss with someone like this any further.
Suit yourself.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 10:38:25 pm »
As I conclude, Battleye and caused 60% of Soldat players to be kicked for no apparent reason due to $able's bad coding skills as he was trying to get a BE patch out on a strict deadline. As we know, Battleye has stopped 90% of all public hacks. The remaining 10% of unknown hacks are still out there causing problems and chaos to the unsuspecting community. As a result, $able needs to stop rushing and slowly but steadily code his applications with love and care to debug any faults and problems he encounters to make a better and brighter Battleye.

Happy now.   
Moron, this isn't a BE issue at all, its a problem with lag + one of my anti-hack detections now GTFO out of this topic (preferably the whole bugs forum) for your own sake.

And as for the cheat kicks on stat guns, I have fixed em' for next release.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 11:42:18 pm »

Happy now.   

Making up stats doesn't mean you instantly know what you're talking aobut.  I'm banning you for 3 days for being a general nuisance and doing harm to the people that we're trying to help in these forums.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 12:31:35 am »
And as for the cheat kicks on stat guns, I have fixed em' for next release.
Good to hear. Good job.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline FlyingForehead

• Soldier
  • E.P <3
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 02:07:23 am »
Actually, some1 did shoot me with the mp5 like milliseconds before i was kicked, so what you said coffee may jst be the problem, ok pplz thanks for solving my problem ;D.

Date Posted: October 05, 2007, 03:04:06 am

Happy now.

Making up stats doesn't mean you instantly know what you're talking aobut. I'm banning you for 3 days for being a general nuisance and doing harm to the people that we're trying to help in these forums.

Nice work f.l.a.b, he had it coming to him

Rattrap

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 12:25:36 pm »
I've had this problem as well, though I also just had it happen to me without the use of any mounted gun: this time, I was simply airborne, taking and dishing out a lot of auto fire. Then about when I figure I'd have killed one of the two fellas shooting at me, POW: banned.

Is that really just an issue with latency? I only have avast! running when I play, and this particular time I played for a good half hour before I was kicked.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 08:52:21 am »
*Readin InuYasha´s posts in the tread*
God! Some people shouldn´t be let out on the streets. If its BE´s fault why dosnt it say like "Battle eye violation (Example: Direct 3d faliure)"
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 01:00:31 pm »
"BattlEye Violation: User failure"
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 07:33:37 pm »
User warned... twice.

Offline saabomatic

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 02:43:24 pm »
This happened to me the other day in a TTW game. I have a blast playing it, and it's the only TTW out there I can find. So it figures I get a bogus permaban. Is there any way to undo what has been done? I'd hate to be stuck playing regular TW the rest of the time ;(

Offline Kev015

• Major(1)
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 04:09:41 pm »
This happened to me the other day in a TTW game. I have a blast playing it, and it's the only TTW out there I can find. So it figures I get a bogus permaban. Is there any way to undo what has been done? I'd hate to be stuck playing regular TW the rest of the time ;(

Same thing happened to me! I was an engineer on a stat gun, and I get banned...
Can admins of servers remove BE banned people, or is it just vote kicks?
I don't feel like waiting 24 hours, since today is the only time I can play Soldat....

Go ahead, call me a whiny little teenager b**ch, I don't care, this is my free time in a LONG while...

Offline saabomatic

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 12:39:26 pm »
I believe it's a permaban. I'm still banned, totally sux... oh friggin well.