Author Topic: NR-Service (Nickname Registration)  (Read 25978 times)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Re: NR-Service (Nickname Registration)
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 08:57:38 am »
Ok you 2, just tell me when this works as I want to use the system. I changed host and the script I used before stopped working.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 09:32:40 am »
I'm very sorry enesce, but I deleted the whole wwwroot because I had been sure there were only scripts in there from back when I used to run a public server on windows there (the stats drove the scripts etc).

Unfortunately since that machine is windows, I never was able to set up a backup system for it. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 01:50:50 am »
What happened to this?

I couldn't play soldat for almost a year because my video card was failing and couldn't handle it. I finally upgraded a lot of hardware on my PC and reinstalled soldat.

I found an old install of NR-DynIP for Enesce's NR service but it won't work gets connection errors.

Was this scrapped or something else put in place to replace it or what? What happened?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 02:25:16 am »
NR-Service was closed down a very long time ago. Since then, there has been lots of scripted versions released (Search on SoldatCentral). The next version of Soldat will feature global nickname protection, though.

Offline Machiavelli

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 08:12:17 am »
NR-Service was closed down a very long time ago. Since then, there has been lots of scripted versions released (Search on SoldatCentral). The next version of Soldat will feature global nickname protection, though.
Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear it is being implemented into an upcoming version.

Have you thought though of gathering logs from popular servers to create an IP database to match Nicks up with IPs to prevent people from registering as many as they can--stealing them from other people?

Or would people who registered soldat have an earlier chance at registering them?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 08:17:33 am »
It wouldnt be useful as the most people have dynamic ip addresses.
There is an option for registered users to bind their name to the account (so protecting them from getting stolen)
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 03:20:22 pm »
It wouldnt be useful as the most people have dynamic ip addresses.

Hence why there was an auto updater. :P
There are other worlds than these