Author Topic: Balanced Teams...  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Balanced Teams...
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:53:55 am »
There are a few things I hate in Soldat: (Rather, people I hate because they do these things) Spawnkilling/getting the flag, m79 users, (With a few exceptions) and unfair teams. Balanced teams are what make the game fair and exciting. It's so extremely annoying when one team starts getting 4 caps a minute because they have 2 more players than the other team. It's cheap and aggravating. Even more irritating is when someone says "teams" and no one switches. >:( Your opinions?

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
Re: Balanced Teams...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:38:53 am »
I think its more annoying on auto balance servers, some people unbalance the teams, then people who were being good get sent over to the other side.

Offline general left right

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:18:12 pm »
a simple way to change this.  Either leave the server, or if your on the larger team, switch.  Even when no one says teams to me and the other teams losing (whether as a result of unbalanced teams or not) i switch.
Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Offline 80HD

• Major(1)
  • ^ The Matrix ^
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 01:38:23 pm »
What makes me mad is that whenever you try to switch without exiting the game and rejoining, it doesn't work.  >:(
Good news for people that have bad credit problems. Norton Furniture is here for you. Now, seriously, if you can't get good credit here, you can't get credit anywhere. My name is Marc, and you can coun't on it.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 01:45:23 pm »
Yeah, that sucks, I hate it when that happens. Especially when I'm trying to simultaneously gorge on my favourite flavour of Pot Noodle and it gets spilled all down my crotch, I spent 2 days recovering from major skin burn.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 02:23:37 pm »
uhh.. that;s basically life.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 04:31:29 pm »
I hate when when people on the larger team say "teams" and they don't bother themselves to change.
18:15

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 05:54:28 am »
I think its more annoying on auto balance servers, some people unbalance the teams, then people who were being good get sent over to the other side.

You're wrong, the benefits of always playing with teams balanced are much more than the small annoy you'll have when the server change you team. Besides only the last(s) in score get changed. That is if you just joined or you suck.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 05:59:12 am »
Well, M79'ers arent noobs, and if nobody changes teams, just deal with it for 10 minutes or so.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 08:50:58 am »
I hate when when people on the larger team say "teams" and they don't bother themselves to change.

I do that... if I already changed once or more. It gets tedious, losing my points and looking like a noob at the end of the game.

Offline Night Vision

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 02:08:48 pm »

I do that... if I already changed once or more. It gets tedious, losing my points and looking like a noob at the end of the game.

Most people judge 'noobness' (god I hate these terms) by K:D ratio, not kills. I mean, if someone rushes spraying minigun and hs 17 kills and 64 deaths, I think that's a 'noob'.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 04:42:47 pm »
You hate someone just for using a gun?  Grow up.

I do, however, agree with you about the teams part.  I may have even played a game with you (or at least someone named twistkill o_O) when just such a thing happened.  5 v 2 or something and the team with the advantage just kept scoring like a bunch of nubs.

I feel your pain.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 10:09:36 pm »
If the teams are uneven, set the example, be a man and switch

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 10:40:19 pm »
If the teams are uneven, set the example, be a man and switch
I always do that in the first place. I'm talking about when I'm on the team that has less players and no one wants to switch simply because they want to win. <_<

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 01:40:37 am »

Most people judge 'noobness' (god I hate these terms) by K:D ratio, not kills. I mean, if someone rushes spraying minigun and hs 17 kills and 64 deaths, I think that's a 'noob'.

On the contrary, people who know enough to calculate approximate kd ratios at the end of the game, rather than looking to the bottom of the list, don't normally call people noobs anyway. Look at your own quote in this post.. "Most people judge 'noobness' (god I hate these terms)".

Offline snipedmyself

• Major(1)
    • Multiplayer Game &quot;Mods&quot; ;)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 02:30:38 am »
There are a few things I hate in Soldat: (Rather, people I hate because they do these things) ...getting the flag ....
wait wait wait wait wait... in CAPTURE THE FLAG you despise for.... wow!  You are the kid, who in kindergarten during a game of tag, when tagged would say "This is stoopid!!" and leave the sandbox

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 05:00:43 am »
I think maybe he meant spawnkilling WHILE capturing the flag. I have no problem with this. I think it's stupid to deliberately not kill someone who's just respawned, if you're getting the flag, because then they'll just kill you instead. Kinda silly. 8)

Offline Night Vision

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 07:41:37 am »
On the contrary, people who know enough to calculate approximate kd ratios at the end of the game, rather than looking to the bottom of the list, don't normally call people noobs anyway. Look at your own quote in this post.. "Most people judge 'noobness' (god I hate these terms)".

Ah. I see. It's just I don't normally think on these terms. When you say 'look like a noob' I approximate 'look not really good'. Sorry.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 10:18:30 am »
There are a few things I hate in Soldat: (Rather, people I hate because they do these things) ...getting the flag ....
wait wait wait wait wait... in CAPTURE THE FLAG you despise for.... wow!  You are the kid, who in kindergarten during a game of tag, when tagged would say "This is stoopid!!" and leave the sandbox
Uncalled for. You misquoted me. What I meant is when someone sits there and waits for the flag while the team is spawnkilling. Just going for the flag and then killing everyone defending it is fine, duh, but say Alpha captured Bravo's flag and is currently running it back to their base. Bravo is all dead and going to respawn in a second. A few Alpha teammates wait around the Bravo respawn area and simply kill Bravo the second they spawn and then have someone JUST SIT THERE NOT IN DANGER BECAUSE OF ALPHA'S SPAWN KILLING and wait for the flag with no means of Bravo being able to retaliate, that is downright anoying. Yes, when you first read it, it looks that way, but I just explained it further. <_<

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »
I usually will switch to the weaker team after one game, because they might get a player or two before then.