Author Topic: knives rocks!!!11 maybe a bit too much?  (Read 21349 times)

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
Re: knives rocks!!!11 maybe a bit too much?
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 03:24:50 pm »
also Tired: why dont you answer the question before you write anything. Why dont you choose law over knife??
I use knife cause im a fast paced player, hence the hk.

A secondary isnt supposed to be able to kill anything at any time... overwise primaries would be useless.
Says who?, law shouldnt kill instantly either?... what about saw.

So it is possible to make a kill at long range. (you fight more diagonally than vertically or horizontally, so knife doesnt have that much restrictions after all.

SO CAN YOU KILL A FLY?
Yes, i can.
SO YOU CAN KILL

minimal reload =/= no reload, thought that you should learn that by now
Its no reload compared to a auto.(Also, "minimal reload" doesnt make it less overpowered.)
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 04:19:58 pm »
its appropriate to give restrictions to secondaries since most secondary has them. Saw has the range restriction, law has terrain restrictions, socom's restriction is no 1 hit ko, but knife, has basically no restrictions. there is a bit of a range problem, a bit of delay, but when you actually get into a game that restriction is minimal(still I wouldnt say that there is no restrictions).

basically, a secondary can be defined as a weapon used only when its suited. you are not forced to throw it when you cant make a hit. unlike primarys, which you still try to.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 04:24:10 pm »
OK, I said I wouldn't post again, but come on. No restrictions? Perhaps it is the single shot, deosn't kill if they are far away, startup, and a horrible range. It's got plenty of restrictions, but I'll give you they are more easily overcome by really good people. Its balanced, but for probably 10% of the community that never misses, it is really overpowered, like the ruger.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »
ok compare the 2 most used secondaries in the game.
knife and law
they are both 1 hit, both has start up although law has more, law has a terrain restriction while knife can be thrown at anytime.
law has more range, but knife has a variable reload.

so knife has less restrictions than law.

kk I said it all in my post, before you reply, plz read it through, understand it and then write something that I haven't completely mentioned.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 08:36:03 pm »
Youre the only one behind this idea, this will be my last post on this thread.

KNIFE

IS

FOR

THROWING

YOU

CANT

STAB

PEOPLE
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 07:02:54 am »

KNIFE

IS

FOR

THROWING

YOU

CANT

STAB

PEOPLE
That quote should actually say: "It is very difficult to stab people, but it is possible, and only with a lot of luck and good timing."

excruciator, have you even used the Knife? And I don't mean once or twice for 30 seconds, have you actually used the knife for a few weeks to try it out and see that it's really not as easy as you're making it out to be? People just learn the curve of it and can manipulate it well, but that does mean it has less restrictions? Possibly, but there are more to balancing weapons than how many restrictions it has. You're creating a false dilemma here.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 07:07:01 am »
I don't think knife is to strong, if you keep a distance you will always pwn a knifer with USSOCOM. If you don't pick the knife up you are without secondary for a while. USSOCOM is better to finish injured enemies (so it's very good for M79er for example if you didn't hit directly). And LAW has other uses like killng EFC who runs away. Every secondary is useful in different situations and better with different primary weapons / playing styles.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:15:21 am by Aquarius »

Offline yv3

• Major(1)
  • I DON'T cheat!
    • Yasan V3
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 07:38:41 am »
It is always the same discussion about weapons. You CAN'T balance all weapons together because they are to different (it is dependent on the oppenent weapon, the skill of each player, the map....). But thats why the game is so cool, i think.

For me knife is the most hardest weapon at all because it needs the most skill to train the perfect angle and throwing speed. It took me 3 years to be (one of? :)) the best at mid-range throws. I have an accuracy of 86% and i OFTEN throw on mid-range. Only on n00b servers you can get most frags by throwing at close range or just pressing the mouse button like these f*** sprayerz do, so it is unimportant to talk about those hits.

BTW:
I don't think knife is to strong, if you keep a distance you will always pwn a knifer with USSOCOM....

we should play once, it depends on the map  :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:42:46 am by yv3 »
Yasan v3 - Frags don't matter - only skill counts!

Creator of ySoldatStat

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 12:34:28 pm »
Its just like : 1hit + it owns me = knife SUX ITS OVERPOWERED. ( ok maybe "it owns me" is enough for him ;E )

Ok. Ok then. Tell us what are your opinions how to balance it, eh?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 02:59:25 pm »
Its just like : 1hit + it owns me = knife SUX ITS OVERPOWERED. ( ok maybe "it owns me" is enough for him ;E )

Ok. Ok then. Tell us what are your opinions how to balance it, eh?

why do I have to keep mentioning things that I mentions on my 1st post. JUST GIVE THE KNIFE MORE STARTUP AND IT WILL BE FINE.

KNIFE

IS

FOR

THROWING

YOU

CANT

STAB

PEOPLE
That quote should actually say: "It is very difficult to stab people, but it is possible, and only with a lot of luck and good timing."

excruciator, have you even used the Knife? And I don't mean once or twice for 30 seconds, have you actually used the knife for a few weeks to try it out and see that it's really not as easy as you're making it out to be? People just learn the curve of it and can manipulate it well, but that does mean it has less restrictions? Possibly, but there are more to balancing weapons than how many restrictions it has. You're creating a false dilemma here.

yes I did and I made a lot of kill with it. one of my friend got into the knife for few days and now he owns with it, easily. he says that knife is pretty easy to use. and I back that up after few days with it. but I changed to law because it was way too popular and I like laws better.
I don't think knife is to strong, if you keep a distance you will always pwn a knifer with USSOCOM. If you don't pick the knife up you are without secondary for a while. USSOCOM is better to finish injured enemies (so it's very good for M79er for example if you didn't hit directly). And LAW has other uses like killng EFC who runs away. Every secondary is useful in different situations and better with different primary weapons / playing styles.

aquarius, its pretty hard to keep distance when in a CTF you race to opponents base to cap when there will always be someone rushing to your base, picking the same route as you. V1+v2>v1,v2. ask you physics teacher is you have some prob with it.
It is always the same discussion about weapons. You CAN'T balance all weapons together because they are to different (it is dependent on the oppenent weapon, the skill of each player, the map....). But thats why the game is so cool, i think.

For me knife is the most hardest weapon at all because it needs the most skill to train the perfect angle and throwing speed. It took me 3 years to be (one of? :)) the best at mid-range throws. I have an accuracy of 86% and i OFTEN throw on mid-range. Only on n00b servers you can get most frags by throwing at close range or just pressing the mouse button like these f*** sprayerz do, so it is unimportant to talk about those hits.

BTW:
I don't think knife is to strong, if you keep a distance you will always pwn a knifer with USSOCOM....

we should play once, it depends on the map  :P

exactly... secondary is a weapon of choice. you choose when to throw!!!!!!  If you know you cant get it, use the primary, when your sure, you use the secondary, you can still get the kill eventhough your skill in knife is inferior.(for bombay ducks sake I said this for 4 times, next time, read the post before you post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and since I said that its hard to keep distance in a ctf, knife become basically a easy weapon to use!

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 04:02:01 pm »
Fine. More startup. Same reasoning as why I think M79 should have startup, if your good it should not affect you one bit, but if you suck you won't noob around.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 04:09:46 pm »
Fine. More startup. Same reasoning as why I think M79 should have startup, if your good it should not affect you one bit, but if you suck you won't noob around.

best replie by people other than me of this thread..

Date Posted: October 12, 2007, 05:06:33 pm

KNIFE

IS

FOR

THROWING

YOU

CANT

STAB

PEOPLE

examples?

Offline Sunshine

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 05:17:48 pm »
i ploay knife only only cuz its only about teamwork and skills.. dont nerf the knife"! :(

Offline Stalin

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 07:44:05 pm »
Nobody has 100% accuracy, so your simulation of a real life situation is very inaccurate. Even the best players only have about 70% accuracy, good AIMBOTS only have around 90% accuracy, with Ruger, Barrett, etc. While the knife itself isn't necessarily a precision tool. At close range, its pretty easy to aim, but halfway across the screen, it gets risky. So the knifes accuracy drops heavily with distance. Also remember, you have to hold the throw button to get enough force into your throw, and the trajectory of the knife is determined by how long you hold the button.This makes the knife far less accurate than the socom. A socom, with it's low bullet velocity, isn't very accurate at these distances either, but it has plenty of room for error. It's fire interval is small, the clip is large enough to kill someone without reloading, and the reload itself is very quick. So you can fire a few test shots to adjust your aim. While the knifer only has one shot, and he can only approximate where it will land, which isn't very accurate.

At close range, of course the knife will come out victorious. But these situations only happen when you catch a player by surprise.

So in my opinion, socom would beat any other secondary.

But why are you only comparing secondaries, in a 1v1 vs other secondaries? How often does that happen? You switch to your secondary when you are either out of ammo, or need to use the secondary for its specific advantage, like law for a long range shot. So it really depends on what primary you use.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 04:44:28 am »
Arg, I just read that whole thing, And your pulling stats out of your ass..
I use knife, I use LAW, I use socom. I really depends what map your on, and what primary weapon you have. With barret, Its a mix between socom and knife, But really some people feel its smarter to have another gun, then a 1 hit kill.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 08:17:52 am »
I choose saw. It's simple, A saw has a larger range then it did before, A saw has a lot more killing power, and the simple fact that people are afraid of saws most people don't think about it rationally when facing someone with a saw. it has been nerfed with recoil and a long reload, but is still one of the best weps ingame, that is, if you know how to use it properly.
Commpared to a socom or a knife, i would probably say everyone goes for a socom, seeing as it's a gun.
I can't comment on lawing, because i use law in TW and it's only use is really mortar.
But saw has a sort of shock attraction to it.
Lol, internets.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 11:26:21 am »
i ploay knife only only cuz its only about teamwork and skills.. dont nerf the knife"! :(
Don't worry m8, they won't do anything ;D (whole section is for nothing ... xD)

Stalin - ... have you played with REALLY good players?... I think that I've got more than 70% with styer ;Q (about ~80% imho) and skilled guys with ruger seem to have 90%+.

excruciator - plz, say how much more startup do you want ;E (ok I know ... 10 sec xd)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16:35 pm »
The knife in some ways is likeable to the Barrett. Hard to use effectivley, but when wielded right, it makes the user a force to be reckoned with. Very few people are adept at dodging a knife, and since so many people like to rush up into your face, you don't really have to aim very much. Besides, it's not like having a knife lodged into your chest would be very survivable.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »
I know but a secondary isnt supposed to be in par with a primary!!

if the secondary is better then there is no place for primary anymore!

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 01:50:10 pm »
Go around a deathmatch just using a knife and tell us how it goes, then.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.