Author Topic: knives rocks!!!11 maybe a bit too much?  (Read 21319 times)

Offline ElGato

• Camper
Re: knives rocks!!!11 maybe a bit too much?
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2007, 03:02:07 pm »
Also in CTF rush kill takes on a really important role because you can sent people back without damaging yourself also slowing down the enemys advance. If you go really really slowly trying to avoid the knife, it will take you 2 times (guessing here, work with me) the time for you to reach the other end, and you will ecounter 2 times the ammount of the enemies. (after killing the 1st guy, you end up with 80%, after the 2nd, lets say 50%, and when you get to the flag, there will be more spawning so there is a much less chance that you will able to carry the flag back)

As poorly explained as that was, I understand what you are saying. But... you don't need to just stand back and shoot to avoid the knife, if someone has it out and is waiting then they are dumb and anyone who tries to avoid them is dumber. In the time it takes for someone to take out a knife they will be almost dead to pretty much any gun so there is really no need to just slowly advance, you can kill a person before you even get within point blank range easy. If the knife is the biggest of your worries when you rush you do honestly have to change your play style. The LAW is a bigger threat to someone rushing anyways.

If I let someone holding a knife get within "point blank" range I deserve to die. Or anyone for that matter really.
Absolutely.

Well, except in certain circumstances... like extremely small maps or areas such as Nuubia and Tropiccave.

True, but even then in a 3v3 situation they have to be moving pretty damn fast to close a gap quick enough or they have to catch me looking the other way, and at that point why not just shoot me down and reload?
[fist] Black Powa

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2007, 03:07:51 pm »
Adjust your play style then, instead of asking everyone ho uses the knife to adjust theirs.

soz, im not noob.

just saying that knife's role is way to important. In a game where everyone seeks balance (exept ^) there shouldn't be that kind of problem
I never said you were. It's just unreasonable to ask a thousand people to adjust to a nerf when only two or three people think it's necessary.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2007, 03:10:31 pm »
As poorly explained as that was, I understand what you are saying. But... you don't need to just stand back and shoot to avoid the knife, if someone has it out and is waiting then they are dumb and anyone who tries to avoid them is dumber. In the time it takes for someone to take out a knife they will be almost dead to pretty much any gun so there is really no need to just slowly advance, you can kill a person before you even get within point blank range easy. If the knife is the biggest of your worries when you rush you do honestly have to change your play style. The LAW is a bigger threat to someone rushing anyways.

Jeez thanks.
1st of all, no, they do not hold the knife and w8, what they do it they switch it. So there is no way that I know hes carrying knife because...well I can't see it like the saw or law(they got it on their back).

2nd, what playing style you suggest?

If I let someone holding a knife get within "point blank" range I deserve to die. Or anyone for that matter really.
Absolutely.

Well, except in certain circumstances... like extremely small maps or areas such as Nuubia and Tropiccave.

True, but even then in a 3v3 situation they have to be moving pretty damn fast to close a gap quick enough or they have to catch me looking the other way, and at that point why not just shoot me down and reload?
you missing the part that you also are rushing to their base, so the speed are added together.

Date Posted: October 29, 2007, 04:08:54 pm
Adjust your play style then, instead of asking everyone ho uses the knife to adjust theirs.

soz, im not noob.

just saying that knife's role is way to important. In a game where everyone seeks balance (exept ^) there shouldn't be that kind of problem
I never said you were. It's just unreasonable to ask a thousand people to adjust to a nerf when only two or three people think it's necessary.

then I would ask, what are beta testers for??  Did they ask everyone how would WE like it? or they just did it?(1.4.3 balance was already ready, and yet I dont think anyone other than people that have played at #sna know it)

Also this is not democracy people, its whats right or wrong. So our opinion and beliefs and whatever you might call it
doesn't not matter, what matters it whats right and wrong.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:15:09 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2007, 03:26:05 pm »

Jeez thanks.
1st of all, no, they do not hold the knife and w8, what they do it they switch it. So there is no way that I know hes carrying knife because...well I can't see it like the saw or law(they got it on their back).

2nd, what playing style you suggest?

What I am saying is it doesn't matter, you can rush and still stay out of "point blank" range of the guy with the knife. If he is good and you are rushing sure, he will still hit you from time to time but simply rushing head long into an enemy is never a good idea. Not only that but if you can anticipate it is rather easy to dodge a knife, especially if you are above or below him.

Absolutely.

you missing the part that you also are rushing to their base, so the speed are added together.

The situations you give us as unfair and with examples of overpowered weapons are rare, at best. Yes people will get knifed running at each other, but it is easy to avoid it for the most part and it doesn't happen every rush. I much rather go against someone rushing at me with a knife then sitting back with a law.

I think you need to show a demo of all this bs you are spewing at us and I will tell you what you are doing wrong. Just hit f8 next time you play a gather.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2007, 03:28:14 pm »
sure I will try to make a demo next time..

but still, how do you get to the enemy base, going Sloowwly or going as fast you can, I think is the 2nd one..

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2007, 03:34:39 pm »

but still, how do you get to the enemy base, going Sloowwly or going as fast you can, I think is the 2nd one..
Depends on the situation, if you're always rushing either you have a minigun or you're not playing smart.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2007, 03:56:46 pm »

Depends on the situation, if you're always rushing either you have a minigun or you're not playing smart.

possibly latter XD

I started to play defence because I react badly when ambushed or surprized and im good at mid long range shoot outs.

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2007, 04:15:03 pm »
Doing the backflip and jetting let's you avoid many of such atempts. You phail.

your reflexes arn't that fast, and half of the time you are not expecting it, so you can't dodge it. Period.

Noob
Dude my reflexes are fine if I can dodge knives with this tactic, but if you can't then something's wrong with your reflexes and maybe it's not me here that is a noob.

If you are not expecting it you won't survive. That's simple. Like with m79. Or barret. Or ruger. If you're not expecting getting shot and you are getting shot you have little chance of surviving, what's wrong with that?

Wanna play me with knife?  Play a ctf with knife? A dm?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2007, 04:17:12 pm »
I dont use the knife... I hate it... overpowered..so..I..dont..use..it..

1..on..1..fine...tell...me...when..or...pm...me

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2007, 04:17:48 pm »

possibly latter XD

I started to play defence because I react badly when ambushed or surprized and im good at mid long range shoot outs.
If you think you can either:
a) always rush
b) just defend
then yes, you aren't playing smart.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2007, 05:30:25 pm »
If you can't show me that a knife is overpowered than why the hell should I duel you? I thought that's what you imply here. I never had problems with knives. I don't have a clue why it should be overpowered.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:26 am »
If you can't show me that a knife is overpowered than why the hell should I duel you? I thought that's what you imply here. I never had problems with knives. I don't have a clue why it should be overpowered.

If I used the knife and loved it I wouldnt be writing this thread in the first place. God use logic.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2007, 12:47:27 pm »
Ya Supernaut he doesn't use logic, fool. He uses personal feelings, grudges and poor play style to base his opinions on!
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2007, 02:39:28 pm »
And getting owned by leet slicers. Seriously, this discussion is pointless. Show me some proofs or go away.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2007, 02:41:25 pm »
And getting owned by leet slicers. Seriously, this discussion is pointless. Show me some proofs or go away.

I wrote several pages worth of proof but if you cant read or if you wont read then its your problem

and stop asking for prof when you have it right there.

Date Posted: October 30, 2007, 03:40:05 pm
Ya Supernaut he doesn't use logic, fool. He uses personal feelings, grudges and poor play style to base his opinions on!

Huh if you cant beat it join it....

but at least i have enough in me not to do so. Do you?

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2007, 02:42:26 pm »
Dude your personal opinions are no proof for me. Show me a screenie, a video, show me someone who can own with knife against primaries etc, etc. I really don't care on how you feel the knife is overpowered if it doesn't match the reality.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2007, 02:51:43 pm »
Dude your personal opinions are no proof for me. Show me a screenie, a video, show me someone who can own with knife against primaries etc, etc. I really don't care on how you feel the knife is overpowered if it doesn't match the reality.

you dont feel it because you are a knifer yourself.. I no knifer would say jeez that damn knife is so overpowered.
a knifer would say when he got killed hah gj but I bet I can stab you next time.

the 2nd guy has a overpowered weapon himself he will not realize how overpowered it is by getting killed by others with that weapon.

the first guy uses a different secondary so he would feel the difference in the weapons.

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2007, 03:03:06 pm »
That was the most ridiculous statement one could imply.
You know NOTHING about my playing style. To add it up here, I am normally using socom and VERY RARELY do I choose other secondary weapon, only if I am playing 1v1 or want some change (or I am playing elite&slice or knife only servers). And even then many times I prefer LAW over knife. Simply because knife isn't versatile enough for me. Period.

Besides I am sure there are plenty of people who are much better than me with knife.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2007, 03:25:50 pm »
sure ok you are not a knifer ::) but the statement would apply to others. You would not think a weapon is overpowered unless you are using something else.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2007, 05:03:37 pm »

Huh if you cant beat it join it....

but at least i have enough in me not to do so. Do you?
I use the LAW more now because I think it's more effective when used properly.
[fist] Black Powa