Author Topic: Clan Ranks?  (Read 3620 times)

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
Clan Ranks?
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:25:35 pm »
Im new to soldat clans so what i would like to know is, does soldat have ranked clans? Like a top 10-20 list or something? Has anyone ever attempted a list if there isnt one? Also if there isnt one, does anyone want to give a sad attempt to rank the clans (either by their own opinion or by wins/losses/ties) ::)

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline ElGato

• Camper
Re: Clan Ranks?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 12:29:59 am »
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:00:53 am »
People have tried alright. (Note that this is NA only though.)
Generally it results in more arguing than its worth.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »
You can base it off recent leagues, like ElGato did. For example, latest SCTFL10 Playoffs:

http://sctfl.soldat.nl/stats.php

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:13:53 pm »
Yeah i figured as much veritas... in other games that were clan-oriented, their was never a 'set' clan ranking system, although there was a basic 'guideline' (i guess you would call it) it still brought up argument, usually bias as if your in that clan, you would rank it higher...

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 08:07:46 am »
Hey, I have an idea about this: what if there was some kind of site, where clans could register and post their results of CWs with the other clans? Of course, members from both clans will need to verify whether the results posted are genuine and such, to avoid any 'frauds'...

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 09:18:25 am »
Hey, I have an idea about this: what if there was some kind of site, where clans could register and post their results of CWs with the other clans? Of course, members from both clans will need to verify whether the results posted are genuine and such, to avoid any 'frauds'...
You mean like http://sctfl.soldat.nl/stats.php ? :|
There isn't any need for this outside of league match reports, seeing as people just scrim outside of leagues.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 10:08:18 am »
Isn't that only the league standings?
I meant something of the sort where all CWs, anytime, no league or anything, are taken into consideration.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 11:55:52 am »
The problem with that would be that it's not accurate. If crap clans play against each other, they can have a good stat, while IRC clans would have the same stat in a much tougher tier. SCTFL's stat system works because any and all clans can sign up and compete, with a pretty long freeplay period, so the best really do end up at the top of that list. And ofcourse in the end playoffs will determine who is the best of that best!

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 12:03:09 pm »
You could create a never ending ladder based system to attempt such a thing, but I really doubt that it will attract much popular support, especially from the more well-known and competitive clans, such as those in SCTFL and TNL.

I could see several potential flaws in that type of system. As Demonic already mentioned, poor clans (or a "good" clan whoring poor clans) could simply play against one another repeatedly (since I presume there will be no limits on the amount of times that clans can play each other, unlike in the aforementioned leagues) and rack up insane amounts of points, while the higher skilled clans would be playing against fairly even opponents and would receive about the same or even less points than the low-leveled clans, which would obviously ruin the entire purpose of the project.

I think that we're better off leaving friendly clan wars unrecorded as they are now; instead, more clans should utilize the leagues and other various tournaments to prove who is the best of the bunch. Of course you can always, as Veritas showed, create your own unofficial rankings based on your own opinions of clans.