Author Topic: About activity  (Read 4840 times)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
About activity
« on: October 15, 2007, 03:35:51 pm »
When the clan starts to fall into inactivity, here are the usual possible options:

A. Kill the clan.
B. Recruit more members.
C. Recruit more members which you aren't really satisfied with.
D. Wait till your mates (or you heh) are active again.

Which one to choose, oh which one?!

A. Best option if you just want to scrim ....and ruin your reputation (hopper, clanhopper, etc).

B. Good idea, just don't panic. Patience is the key...the search for new players is usually slow and time consuming but can be really rewarding (especially when you show a pubber the clanscene and train him the ways of IRC, etc). According to Chakra, this is what's lacking this days since there's many gamemodes and fewer standard CTF servers & because clanners are lazy and just tend to recycle the same players that are already on the scene (read: IRC, gathers).

C. Not a good idea, will ruin the reputation of your clan. Also, you'll probably have a hard time getting rid of them slash winning matches with them slash getting along with.

D. Intermediate solution; might fail if one of your members quits for good (which rarely happens if you made sure you chose loyal ones). On the other hand....patience...don't panic when you're alone with L or Q in the channel and a few idlers who added the chan to perform :)

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
Re: About activity
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 03:46:58 pm »
Inactivity is a constant problem with 2wai and we've tried every option but A already.

Recruiting sub standard members is pretty bad for the clan since they usually don't stay in it for very long
(they either leave because the clan is not active enough or they get kicked for sucking or being stupid in general).

Waiting for our mates to become active again is what we basically do all the time, I highlight their asses every now and then, though I can't really help it. They'll get active when they will, can't force them. Real life shouldn't be ignored.

Recruiting slowly and patiently is what we've resorted to lately. I am starting to think it paid off as we got some serious members, loyal and semi active, which is what 2wai is anyway, so they fit in perfectly :)
They're not leaving and we like them so, B is the best option I believe.
o/

Offline Ride

• Soldier
    • NA Soldat Clan Website
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 04:05:36 pm »
I see a clan if they are In-Active they pretty much are dead.. The active players usually their better ones will start to leave and pretty soon the people who are still in the clan are the ones that just don' have the time to play soldat anymore.
Ingame Name: TC ~ Ryde.Lf ~
Past Clans: ^Re/ ~ -eO:

Offline .::Blaze::.

• Camper
  • `LMS|Blaze^
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 04:46:08 pm »
ahh yea...when i was leader of MC One person that was an admin left...then slowly 2 more would leave then 3 then the rest...really if a clan falls into inactive the leader should just kick all inactive and start over again..and that time pick people you can trust to be active and that participate
hey little kid you want some candy, "yes". GET IN THE VAN!

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »
In my opinion, killing the clan should be a last resource. It is nice and respectable to have a long lived clan (under the same tag and name) when compared to clans that last less than a month.

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:45:03 am »
In `sK|, a similar thing happened... the leader left, but then the co-leader, who was supposed to become leader, also left, and then everyone 'trickled' away one by one...

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 05:08:12 pm »
Inactivity is a constant problem with 2wai and we've tried every option but A already.

Recruiting sub standard members is pretty bad for the clan since they usually don't stay in it for very long
(they either leave because the clan is not active enough or they get kicked for sucking or being stupid in general).

Waiting for our mates to become active again is what we basically do all the time, I highlight their asses every now and then, though I can't really help it. They'll get active when they will, can't force them. Real life shouldn't be ignored.

Recruiting slowly and patiently is what we've resorted to lately. I am starting to think it paid off as we got some serious members, loyal and semi active, which is what 2wai is anyway, so they fit in perfectly :)
They're not leaving and we like them so, B is the best option I believe.

The problem is, you can't get any active clanmembers when your clan is inactive..
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 06:10:09 pm »
In `sK|, a similar thing happened... the leader left, but then the co-leader, who was supposed to become leader, also left, and then everyone 'trickled' away one by one...
How many times do I have to tell you the story Avkon?

Good job mar77a anyways.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 12:39:55 am »
Lol Leo you were the leader, you left first - you aren't sure what happened next.

Anyway, don't reply, it'll be useless.

Also, on the topic, about 3/4th members of my clan are active on Forums as well as in Xfire and play as much as possible, but the rest don't use the Forums much, but some of them are quite good as well, though they aren't online much.

So what do you in that case? Kick the good, but not-so-active players? Or keep them and try and make them be more active?

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:30:34 am »
Its all about what you and your clan can tolerate. If they are inactive for weeks and then come back, play for a day or 2 then leave for weeks again, no matter how good they are its no point to keep them, just taking up space.

If they are inactive for a few days then get on, i see no problem with that, not everyone can play every single day.

You cant 'make' someone be more active, you can suggest or you can threaten to throw them out if they arent, but it usually wont change a thing.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 02:06:48 am »
Yes, once a clan starts to get a few inactive members, its got a big chance it will die. Like my old clan, we had like 4/5 players and 1 went inactive then another etc. Then finally 5 more people joined but now it is just dead.

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 02:10:17 am »
Ah well.

And Korrupt, I asked a guy called Shooter to be more active on the forums, you can see he's trying, and I didn't threaten to throw him out or anything, lol.

No wait, I did.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:34 am »
I see no problem in keeping inactive members in a clan as long as you have the correct amount of active ones to scrim regularly. It would only be an issue when the inactive members are online and you have too many people to all scrim, which isn't a huge deal anyways.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 11:53:38 am »
Its all about what you and your clan can tolerate. If they are inactive for weeks and then come back, play for a day or 2 then leave for weeks again, no matter how good they are its no point to keep them, just taking up space.

If they are inactive for a few days then get on, i see no problem with that, not everyone can play every single day.

You cant 'make' someone be more active, you can suggest or you can threaten to throw them out if they arent, but it usually wont change a thing.
I agree. It is hard to run a successful clan, unless YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE active.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 04:20:29 pm »
or you have unbelievably active help...

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 07:03:05 am »

I agree. It is hard to run a successful clan, unless YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE active.

I think that only applies to new clans or not well known clans. I dont think r7 members needs the leader to babysit them continue sly. and they wouldnt hop clans as much since they are already at the top. Also they will do their best at maintaining the clan's leading status
Always remember the succubus...