Author Topic: Why Clan?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Why Clan?
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:06:53 pm »
I have never been in a serious clan (was in a hexer one, it died in a few weeks and we never did anything)
I just don't play enough to play in a clan. Ya know, you HAVE to be on at 6:00 to play a war, and if not your gone. I just never got why I would want to be in a clan. So here's the point, why would someone want to be in a clan?
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: Why Clan?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:21:01 pm »
You have to be on a 6? Rofl.

I just dont like the seriose ones
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Carlitos

• Camper
  • Dont Give Up
    • Mr.Pants adventures on Soldat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:21:25 pm »
i only had one clan and sdfilm was also part of it. Like you said, whats the point.."at 9:00 u got to be here bla bla"...

Bah go single on soldat, my life isnt the computer
---See the advantures of Mr.Pants and others in soldat---
http://www.youtube.com/TugaSoldatTV
-------------------------------
Amen
-------------------------------

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:38:57 pm »
There are plenty of reasons why I enjoy being in a clan. Clans offer far more competition than you will find in public servers or even in gathers. Your clan can take part in the top leagues and cups in Soldat, and you can work together with your clan mates toward specific goals in those tournaments (whether those goals include winning, making it to the playoffs, or just doing the best that you can against tougher opponents). Most importantly (to me anyway) is that clans offer you the opportunity to play together with friends or other such cool people as a solid group. You work together, learn how each other plays, and develop styles and strategies to meet your peculiar characteristics as a clan. It's just much more fun.

I have never experienced a situation such as you guys described where a clan will demand that I need to be online at a certain time or I face the ax. I think that a type of system like that is rather dumb, not to mention flawed. I don't think that any of the mainstream, well-known, competitive clans operate under such a system. It seems to be restricted mostly to the relatively unstable, unknown, and ill-conceived clans created by random public players who barely know each other and have a skewed idea of what it means to be a clan at all. If you have had negative experiences in such a clan, I wouldn't let it discourage you from looking for another one that you think will suit you. I wouldn't advise going around just looking for a random clan, or just trying to join a clan because they appear "good." Get to know the people in the clan beforehand. Know and be on friendly terms with at least a few of them. If it'd suit you better, try creating a clan with a few friends that will not apply the stringent time requirements or other such requisites upon you. You will probably find it a much better experience.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:39:16 am »
xurich: Too right!

Being a "clanner" myself i have experienced new things and have learnt a lot from clanmates (bootz).
Clanwars are way more challenging then just the usual public server.
It's just plain fun!

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:51:08 am »
Being a "clanner" myself i have experienced new things and have learnt a lot from clanmates (bootz).

Being a clan member is about learning from all your mates, isn't it?
Over here, it sounds like the only person you've learnt anything worthwhile from is BootZ....?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:37:42 am »
like xurich said, if you like competition, you would want to be in a clan.
if you like chillaxing, well stick to pubs and solo.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 09:35:22 am »
I used to like the 'team spirit' dimension that it gives to Soldat, but now I feel that clans just aren't worth the time; as I could be doing something more creative or sociable.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:53:23 am »
Improve teamwork, make friends, get better and get more well known :Q

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:38:59 pm »
And also start using that retarded ':Q' smiley. ¬_¬

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 01:42:44 pm »
I've figured clans to be for the more serious gamers. Casual players are often best off going it alone, especially if they don't have the time to devote towards heling the clan develop.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 02:23:48 pm »
the objective of the clans for me is make fun in group and something serious (trainings, cw, tournaments...)
 well i want a clan to make funnier the game

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 03:19:27 pm »
Yes, you get lots of good times. If you have no clan you start to use retarded smileys like "¬_¬"

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 03:29:25 pm »

Being a clan member is about learning from all your mates, isn't it?
Over here, it sounds like the only person you've learnt anything worthwhile from is BootZ....?
I think he ment in one of my old clazns we were apart of, He got alot better with the help of not just me.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 09:20:29 pm »
for me a clan is a lot of things...

First off a place to make friends and get a more indepth look on people than just here in the community.

Also CW's and how competive they can become, being able to count on teammates who actually ACT like teammates and not only consider their own score...

I also like to build things (hence why i joined KC at its start), its much better to know you actually took part in a clans history(giving ideas, supporting its structure, being the basis of it), especially when it succeeds and if it doesnt, you have the experience to move on... this is why i hope KC lives for a long time, i dont want to devote all my time and watch it fall, would feel like i wasted my time.

There are other reasons i like clans but these are the major ones i look for.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty