Author Topic: Zombie Trenchwar.  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Zombie Trenchwar.
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:18:41 pm »
Okay before you shoot me down and rape me(like you usually do) hear me out.
Recently I have been playing alot of Zombie servers which totally kick ass, but i've noticed that alot of people use the same tactic with zombies. They use jets to hover up above the spawnpoint of the zombies and bombard them with ammo until they run out of jets and plummet to their death into a hoard of zombies. Now, i thought to myself... how hard would it be to fight zombies without jets it would take alot more effort and be harder, i thought. Now in trenchwar, you get no jets and the acctual game itself is hard to begin with. So i thought Zombie+TW=Awesome! So we are all on the same page right.

Now, it would be like this, imagine 4 player running up a hill to take a fortress, armed to the teeth, only to get through the door and find 20-30 mutated corpses trying to eat their faces, all hell would brake loose.

I think it would be excellent, it would be like resident evil all over again except soldated.
You would have no where to run and no where to hide.

What do you think, comments and suggestions are very much welcomed.

The problem is i can't run this server, A.) because my parents hate me playing soldat, so they would hate me hosting a server for other people to play soldat and B.) my computer is a laptop and doesn't have the hardware to run a decent, unlaggy server. (i just tried to run a server i got to about 8 people and it was laggy  as hell and then eventually crashed, so i can't run a server with 8 players let alone a server with 20-30 zombie bots. If some one can run this i would be very happy to help in anyway. If you think you can host a good server please PM me.

P.S, I can't hire a server because my parents are skeptic about the internet... I mean they don't even buy stuff off ebay, one of the most secure sites around.
Lol, internets.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
Re: Zombie Trenchwar.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 07:47:22 pm »
You know... this sounds awesome!
If just somebody could host one.

OBEY!!!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:55:23 pm »
Yeah I played zombie TW several times on our old DO serv. Problem is that zombs have trouble with a lot of waypoints. That and the fact that it quickly becomes a game of hold-the-bunker-and-camp makes it a bit less fun than your average zombiematch.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:05 pm »
MAN YOU ARE THE MEN this really rock I LOVE Resident Evil now combine it with soldat and what  do we have??  the perfect game yeahh f12
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 11:24:19 pm »
MAN YOU ARE THE MEN this really rock I LOVE Resident Evil now combine it with soldat and what do we have?? the perfect game yeahh f12
Man you are then men?
 wtf..

Anyway ontopics! Good idea, But maybe do it more like, Every has to start on green, And get to the middle.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 11:39:31 pm »
Yeah I played zombie TW several times on our old DO serv. Problem is that zombs have trouble with a lot of waypoints. That and the fact that it quickly becomes a game of hold-the-bunker-and-camp makes it a bit less fun than your average zombiematch.

You would have to hold your bunker as the enemy rushed, and in any respite you move forward. I can see this working.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:35 am »
all I need is to find someone who can host it
Lol, internets.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 01:37:09 pm »
Zombie matches = chaos
Trenchwar matches = chaos
Therefore:
Zombie Trenchwar = chaos2

Weird math metaphors aside, I'm not so sure about this. Sure, having a steady stream of targets to mow down could be fun, but without jets, yer pretty much screwed if you miss. And considering how impossible it is to cap in zombie matches, a zombie trenchwar would most likely end up without the players scoring at all.

I'm afraid I have to reject this one.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 02:12:46 pm »
16 zombies are enough... just you will up to a bunker and start to fire them... i believe there was a server with that idea...

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 03:24:17 pm »
Gotta get the number the number of bots right. And how strong they are. Sounds a little easy, you had better disable stat guns, and people just firing round after round of AK and ruger, it just seems easy. Sit in bunker that is not on the ground floor, win.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 06:29:39 pm »
You would probably need different maps from the regular TW.. seeing how regular TW maps have trenches and barbed wire that hurt you, the bots would be killing themselves.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 05:10:39 am »
Maybe, i was thinking of more like 28 zombies, so no matter how many bullets you had you never had e a mod to make it more realistic... suggestions?
Lol, internets.

Offline Fury_H

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 06:46:04 am »
i'm VERY postitive towards this idea! i LOVE zombie match type of hardcore soldat thingy, as in Zombie CTF or Zombie Slaughter. There's nothing like the feeling of it's Us (humans) against Them (Monsters/Computer) bastards.

There should be special customized zombie maps for this actually. A dark and creepy atmosphere, many tight corners, and places to jump up on like sniping towers and bridges. Imagine a map where they slowly come up from the water of a partly dried up shore, trying to get to the other side of the map (with water), killing humans that get in their way! wohoo! great fun!  :D  ;D

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:31:29 pm »
Did any1 fucking read what I suggested?....
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 10:45:09 am »
good idea but...
the AI of the bots are way too stupid.. its too easy for us to take advantage of those flaws
Always remember the succubus...

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 05:04:49 pm »
MAN YOU ARE THE MEN this really rock I LOVE Resident Evil now combine it with soldat and what  do we have??  the perfect game yeahh f12
You should look at this mod.

And while I have that link, the )2ESIDENT EVIL mod has a bunch of default maps without jets for even more zombie fun.
I've had the most fun with zombies and infiltration. inf_Meatball on red against about 5 zombies for 1 player is really hardcore. So, if you do go with this idea, turn on Infiltration mode so the zombies can't somehow take your flag. All they'd need to do is rush your spawn, so waypoints aren't too critical.
If you create special zombie versions of maps with hurt polygons, just change them to normal and remove the scenery which makes it look like "hurt".
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 08:10:48 am »
There are trechwar maps available on the !!!!! Zombie server. The problem with those maps is that the bots inevitably get stuck along the map in doorways and whatnot. Also, since the spawn points are only at the end of the map, the match is just a huge cluster of bots surrounding the flag as with any normal CTF/INF map not specifically designed for a zombie server.

If by "trenchwar" you simply meant maps without much jet fuel, then it's always been done by myself and others. :P Jet fuel is a map setting; you don't need a server to create a playable zombie map.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 09:04:09 am »
Ahh, storehtime!

I'm on a weeks break from school, and monday over tuesday a couple of mates and I set up a few computers, and we settled for an all out gamers offensive. After a while, BF2 gets a little boring, and we sat down to play D2(We're all ex 1337'ers with that). Anywho, after a while that gets boring too, and I had allready suggested soldat, but my suggestion wasn't favored. As we got increasingly bored, one pg the guys, Jesper, asked us to try pout soldat versus a few bots, since they all thought online gaming would be waaaay too difficult.

So, we sat down and smacked a few bots around. The whole scene quickly turned into 'nail the boogie man', and an idea came to mind - zombiematch. They got so hooked that we played like that for hours, and they eventually got a pretty good grip on things. To increase the difficulty, I set up a TW server(dedicated), and we just gamed our asses off for the rest of the night. It was so fun, I can't believe no one has ever done that before..

It's much more fun when the zombies actually have a chance of killing you..

In short: Approved on behalf of echo!
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 12:48:11 pm »
if you can use napalm and airstrike on zombies, it would be even more awesome.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 07:26:23 pm »
Still looking for a host.

Well... Concerning custom maps, I'm not a very good map maker in the slightest so...
@ Boots, what do you mean, as in everyone is on the green team and has to fight there way through, or defend from both sides with zombies or... i don't get it?

Also, when i say Tw, i don't mean just low jet settings, i mean tactics and teamwork, I'm well aware that jet settings is map specific.

I'm going to try and make a map that is like a village or small town near a forest/jungle and see if i can put it on Tm, and players join as green and have to fight off, both the zombies(red) and the army(blue) So it would be like, the civilians would be trying not to get killed by zombies, while the soldiers/army are trying to get rid of everything. BUT, I suck at waypointing.. when i finish it(or attempt it, i may fail) I'll need someone to waypoint it.

Thanks for the feed back.
Lol, internets.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 07:28:20 pm »
Zombie matches = chaos
Therefore:

Weird math metaphors aside, I'm not so sure about this. Sure, having a steady stream of targets to mow down could be fun, but without jets, yer pretty much screwed if you miss. And considering how impossible it is to cap in zombie matches, a zombie trenchwar would most likely end up without the players scoring at all.

its 2chaos. its zombie and trenchwar, not zombie of trenchwar.

zombies are dumb, it would be easy.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 07:35:13 pm »
Zombie matches = chaos
Therefore:

its 2chaos. its zombie and trenchwar, not zombie of trenchwar.

zombies are dumb, it would be easy.

:o are you sure!!
I think it would be fun. Although the bots do get stuck on some maps...
But anyway...
Lol, internets.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 01:24:38 am »
Yeah.. Some TW maps are difficult to move around in, even for human players at times. You would have to be careful in selecting maps according to your little idea here, or the bots would stay on one side all the time.
I fucking miss all you cunts!