Author Topic: Tactical Trenchwar!  (Read 31248 times)

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
Tactical Trenchwar!
« on: October 16, 2007, 03:18:23 pm »
Tactical TrenchWar
Please take the time to read the game rules in this thread before you play. Thank you.

Game Rules
Tactical TrenchWar (TTW) is about teamwork! In TTW every soldier has a distinct task in the team.

Global commands:
/commands brings up a list of commands for your current task.
/list brings up a list of names of your team members and their respective tasks.
/free brings up a list of available tasks.
/apply brings up a list of possible tasks.
/quick quickly chooses a random task.
/left, /right, /top enable you to warn your teammates about potential threats
/votetask ID, can be used to demote a team member. /getids brings up a list of IDs.
/demote, casts a vote that the team member should be demoted.
/t, can be used to talk to your team mates without it appearing over your head in game. Just type /t text.

General
Ak47, Desert Eagles, Ussocom, Knife
The general can conquer bunkers (/conquer). The team members will spawn at the bunker that was last conquered by the team general. It is of vital importance that your team has a general! The general also has a meal ready to eat at his disposal that replenishes 50% health (/mre).
Medic
Ak47, Steyr AUG, Ruger 77, M72 Law
Can heal people by switching weapon. People can call the medic by yelling medic! The medic will then be notified of your position. Medic automatically regenerates health when not moving. Medic can also spawn a medical kit every now and then (/kit).
Saboteur
Desert Eagles, Spas-12, Ruger 77, Ussocom, Knife, Chainsaw
Can rig both enemy and friendly statguns (/rig). Satchel will explode after four seconds. The saboteur also has a meal ready to eat.
Furthermore, the saboteur can disarm mines from a distance (/rig).
Spy
Knife
The spy can set 3 timed charges (/place time e.g. /place 3, and /activate to start the timers) and has one stealth pack available on command (/stealth) per respawn. Spies can detect eachothers presence. The spy can also observe the enemy tasks when he is nearby (/obs). The spy can also rig a stationary gun with /rig if he hasn't placed any bombs yet.
Engineer
Desert Eagles, HK MP5, Ussocom
The engineer can build a statgun (/build) which he can also retrieve (/get). Note that when the enemy bombs or rigs a statgun you have to wait a specific period of time before you can build a new one. The engineer can also place mines when they are available (/mine).
Elite
Barrett, Ussocom
The elite is a highly trained soldier that provides sniper cover.
Long Range Infantry
Ak47, Steyr AUG, Ruger 77, FN Minimi, M72 Law
Long range infantry can use long range weaponry and have a meal ready to eat.
Short Range Infantry
Desert Eagles, HK MP5, Spas-12, Ussocom, Knife, Chainsaw
SRI Short range infantry can use short range weaponry and have a meal ready to eat.
Artillery
M79 (modded), Ussocom
The artillery crew can shoot mortars over long range. Can only be fired while in prone mode and not moving. When the heavy artillery cannon is ordered by the radioman, the artillery will be first in line to get it. The artillery can nuke the enemy base (/nuke) and spawn grenade kits every now and then (/nade).
Radioman
Ak47, Steyr AUG, Ruger 77, FN Minimi, Ussocom, Knife, Law
The radioman increases the rate at which supply points increase. With radioman a supply point is gained every 14 seconds. Without 28 seconds. From these points supplies can be chosen by the radioman (the cost is indicated between the brackets).
Supplies are delivered in the bunker conquered last by the team. The radioman can also tap into enemy teamspeak when the field battery is full (/tap). Lasts 40 seconds and recharges in 140 seconds.

Supplies:
Grenades [2]A simple grenade kit
Cluster grenades [3]Cluster grenade kit
Medi kits [4]Medical kit.
Howitzer strike [8]An airstrike in the form of large clusterbombs, shorter timespan but more fragments
Airstrike [9]An airstrike going from the currently conquered bunker all the way up to the enemy bunker
Own sg[8]The statgun can be bombed to be able to retrieve the stationary gun when it has been lost behind enemy lines. Note that it must be bombable from the sky for this to work.
Enemy sg[9]Bomb enemy stationary gun. This destroys both the stationary gun as well as the person on it.
Paratrooper [10]A heavily armored soldier that paratroops into the game above the enemy bunker. The paratrooper can be kicked by the radioman (/kick)
Laws [8]Spawn a few laws in your teams current bunker.
Vest [8]Spawns a bulletproof vest in your current bunker.
HAC[10]Spawns a HAC-25, which is a strong artillery weapon. If there is an artillery present he will get this weapon, otherwise it will be given to the radioman. Note that it replaces the weapon you are currently carrying.

On some maps, the last bunker can only be sabotaged and not conquered. Sabotaging such a bunker will effectively lead to the other team being pushed back, but not your team actually conquering that bunker. To sabotage such a bunker you need to have all the bunkers up to that point in your possession. This also means that if you lose a bunker while sabotaging that last bunker, you will fall back!

/cmmd1 /cmmd2 /cmmd3 and /cmmd4 do different things depending on the task. This should enable people to play all the tasks using only a single set of taunts.

Task   Â     1         2         3        4
Medic     /kit      /kit      /kit     /kit
Engineer  /mine     /build    /get     /get
Radioman  /vestgen  /tap      /para    /vest
General   /mre      /conquer  /conquer /conquer
Elite     -         -         -        -
Spy       /activate /place 3  /stealth /rig
Artillery /nade     /nade     /nade    /nade
SRI       /mre      /mre      /mre     /mre
LRI       /mre      /mre      /mre     /mre
Saboteur  /mre      /rig      /rig     /rig

Servers
Tactical Trenchwar Server #1
10 public slots
Sponsored by Toumaz
Located in Texas
soldat://s2.ttwforums.com:23080

Tactical Trenchwar Server #2
12 public slots
Sponsored by BombSki/SeaStorm
Located in Germany
soldat://eur.climbing-soldiers.net:23093/

Tactical Trenchwar Server #3
10 public slots
Sponsored by Beanjo
Located in USA
soldat:/s5.ttwforums.com:23073/

Tactical Trenchwar Server #4
10 public slots
Sponsored by Rumpel
Located in Germany
soldat://s3.ttwforums.com:33873

PlayerTR | Tactical Trench Wars
Turkish version of the script

10 public slots
sponsored and admined by Deviler
Located in Turkey
soldat://79.98.132.48:23079

Tactical Trenchwars Gather Server
6, 8 or 10  private slots
Located in the Netherlands
Join IRC to join the gather! #ttw.gather or #soldat.ttw for the main channel!

Map Rotation
ttw_Village
ttw_crecent
ttw_Grasshill
ttw_ColdMorning
ttw_Gloryhill
ttw_Junkyard
ttw_Limbo
ttw_NewNature
ttw_Myst
ttw_BachVu
ttw_Rage
ttw_Teroya
ttw_Rime
ttw_Verdun
ttw_Mound
ttw_Anoxi
ttw_BattleField
ttw_Grasshill
All maps are adapted to enable progressive spawning so expect some map loading.

Acknowledgements
Special thanks go out to spkka, Bombski`, Toumaz, Leo, xmRipper, butts, Mastadi, rumpel, WStar, MetalWarrior, Norbo, tk, VirtualTT, Wraithlike, MM, EnEsCe and of course the excellent TTW community who have been a constant support and source of new ideas.

,,_,,
( woot )> (o,o )
              (")(")

Enjoy TTW? Become member of the community at http://ttwforums.com

There is also a video (made by Norbo) that shows some TTW gameplay, you can see it here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SlBq51c0om8

Don't miss out!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:13:44 pm by sai`ke »
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline ShadowGhost64

• Major(1)
Re: Tactical Trenchwar!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:54:57 pm »
I played it a bunch today, with you Sai`ke. It was pretty amazing, actually better then normal Trenchwars. I mean if you have'nt played it. PLAY IT!

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 07:25:44 pm »
Fanks :D
Glad you like it. The script sure took a while to do :D

Offline ShadowGhost64

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:04:54 pm »
I just played with Spkka, and when I played TTW_cresent I fell through the floor alot, other then that I had no problems, I changed my name so it is Kolmxo now.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 07:07:54 am »
The map errors are related to some kind of soldat bug. They are basically just regular TW maps with a few added spawnpoints. We've tried recompiling the maps in multiple versions of polyworks but this did not solve the issue.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is a windows server.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 08:56:32 am »
it looks really nice and it seems theres lots of effort in this. the server isnt 24/7 is it? i dont seem to be able to connect now.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:56 am »
We try to keep it online as much as possible but spkka's brother pulls the network cable out of the computer every once in a while for his webradio ::)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 11:15:54 am »
well its pretty fun although you should add some help.. /help is not telling any commands eg how to switch from position..

Offline ShadowGhost64

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 11:19:34 am »
I think the first time I played I had Spkka on my team or maybe it was Sai' ke, I can't remember, and he told me how to do things. It is really easy to learn.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:22:19 am by ShadowGhost64 »

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 11:31:22 am »
I know I played with you on my team once :D
/apply gives you a helpfile btw...

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 04:22:53 pm »
nice script. however sometimes the spawns dont seem to function right.. also some commands should be shorter, like /artillery and /general

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 04:32:37 pm »
Needs some more balancing overall, IMHO.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 04:37:08 pm »
nice script. however sometimes the spawns dont seem to function right.. also some commands should be shorter, like /artillery and /general

working on that! More players asked about this already. Conquering bunkers is better now. General needs to hold it for 9 seconds now.

Needs some more balancing overall, IMHO.

needs more play testing i guess.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 06:06:52 pm »
however sometimes the spawns dont seem to function right.. also some commands should be shorter
You mean at the start of a map? Or all the time? And in what way exactly?

The balance issues are caused by the maps and some work has already been done to make it more balanced (easier capturing). It would be nice to have a few custom made symmetric maps though. Still, both teams have the same pros and cons so if you use them well you can always win. If you can get your general past the other teams defenses you can conquer the bunker behind them, pushing them two bunkers back.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 06:08:23 pm »
^well i was in a game and blue and red were spawning at the same spawn. also it seemed to be totally random, not at a set base. but this was only once..

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 06:17:37 pm »
Could it have been the map bug? There are maps that bug randomly sometimes and everybody spawns completely randomly dieing very often and such.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 07:32:03 am »
it didnt look like a mapbug (i should know) but it was the 1st time i played it so maybe it was supposed to be or something :P

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 07:36:15 am »
imo, its just a random factor once a while. I get spawned into the middle sometimes aswell.
Could have been tho. Most of the time when a map bugs both flags are taken but sometimes its not and everything seems normal which isn't.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 08:05:09 am »
Yea, until this is resolved, best you can do is vote another map when maps are bugging.

It seems that the setspawnstat and map loading is not flawless, especially when the map has just loaded. I'm sure the script does what it's supposed to since I have a lot of debug information available in my admin console which reads that the correct spawnpoints were set to the correct values (doublechecked using GetSpawnStat too!). I have already tried cheap hacks like determining how close a person is to a wrong bunker when he spawns, but these aren't very good solutions. Once a map loads properly and the spawnpoints are set right initially, there are generally no further problems though. At least, not that I've encountered.

I'm still very interested in when bugs occur though, so keep the reports rolling in. Try to be as descriptive as possible. Thanks for the help and apologies for the inconveniences that occur every now and then.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:09:18 am by sai`ke »

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 08:49:47 am »
well as ive told spkka on the server, sometimes u spawn without primary weapon. when you press change weapon, you get either the 2ndary or the primary weapon, and when you press q again you get the other weapon. so in theory all you need to do is press q (once or twice), but its still a bug :)
also sometimes when you change to another rank, it automaticly sets you to another one.. this is mainly at the start of a map. maybe it happens when 2 people try it at once.
1 more suggestion, i think you shouldnt kill people when they change ranks, just spawn them next time with the right rank.
oh, and 1 more thing, i really like the script but 1 lame thing is capping the flag. when you are spawning so close to the enemy its more fun to keep fighting than to cap the flag. also when you have scored, its easier/faster/better to just type /kill instead of walking back all the way.. maybe you could change this somehow (change flag position to previous bunker? i dont know if scripting gives u much control of the flag, but maybe u could think about it.

oh, and as i said in server, conquering should be automatic when general is in the bunker. its _really_ hard to conquer a bunker with people spawning in it, so typing /conquer is fatal. i know you can set it as taunt, but you should know people are too lazy to change taunts for a beta script.
and then 1 last thing (really), if you are not going to enable the auto-conquer, at least show a drawtext that says something like 'you can /conquer this bunker'
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:53:01 am by BombSki »