Author Topic: I need advice on getting a gf.  (Read 11497 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
I need advice on getting a gf.
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:44:11 pm »
Yeah.

I am 14. I'm in 9th grade. I've never done any kind of drugs, including alcohol / tobacco. (which I assume is a good thing, especially for my desired situation)

Some might say that I am antisocial. The only thing I really care about anymore are my grades. (I've got roughly a low A in everything) The reason for this might be that I came very, very close to dying over the summer and that seemed to have made me take things even more serious than I did before.

Yeah, so there's this extremely hot girl I really like. (don't ask for pics, I have none and respect her to much to sneak out my phone and take one) I think she gets good grades, like I do. Both of those are traits I hold in high regard.

Me being the abrupt and get straight to the point kind of guy I am, talked to her for like 5 minutes about practically nothing and then asked her out.

Yeah, I know that was a REALLY bad decision on my part. That was around two weeks ago. I still really like her. Our eyes meet occasionally, every now and then.

What are my options?

I would really appreciate any help, ideas, or suggestions.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
Re: I need advice on getting a gf.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:47:24 pm »
...What did she say?
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:53:33 pm »
Oh, yeah. I guess I wrote the above fast and didn't really check that I mentioned everything.

She was with one of her friends. They both gigled then she said "I have a boyfriend." She didn't seem mad or offended.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:55:57 pm »
How'd almost die over the summer? I'd like to know.

Oh, and it's nice to have someone you like in school. Keeps you sane.

I don't have any advice, as I am in a similar situation like yours.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 09:57:19 pm »
Had a seizure whilst swimming in the deep end of a pool. (this was before I new I had epilepsy) Nearly drowned. I was without oxygen for like 5 minutes.

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 09:57:32 pm »
Oh, yeah. I guess I wrote the above fast and didn't really check that I mentioned everything.

She was with one of her friends. They both gigled then she said "I have a boyfriend." She didn't seem mad or offended.

Go for the uggos.

-=Edit
Listen to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:59:55 pm by Cookie. »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:27 pm »

Go for the uggos.

I'd prefer not to.

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:57 pm »
...What did she say?

Yes. That is quite important XD

Anyway, keep up the eyes meeting every so often and such. Wait for her to give you a sign. This includes:
1) a lustful gaze
2) noticing her looking at you out of peripheral vision
3) when she starts giving you peeks at otherwise 'closed to public access' parts of her body, while looking at you. <- Best part.

That is when you make your move. I've been through this stage alot of times but i never get the courage to ask a lady out ever since i got dumped in yr 9 <.< (yr 12 now and finishing in 2 days!)

If you however do not ask her in that peak period, you might lose your chance ... but maybe only for a while.

[/url]

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 10:00:53 pm »
Click my link posted above and reconsider.

Consider lowering your standards as well.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:55 pm »
jrgp, i know what you mean by looking at life different, i've had a life-threatening situations... a couple of times actually :\ but s**t, im still here so f**k it

You dont need to go for the uggo's you just need:

Confidence, most women love confidence and will like a guy who is outgoing... but not everyone is like that, but sometimes you have to be outgoing to get what you want... kind of like getting into a good career. Persistance also helps sometimes, but think about it like this, if you ask her and she says no, whats going to happen? absolutely nothing except give you the knowledge that she doesnt like you, this means you wont obsess over her for years and realise ''damn i wasted all that time for nothing''

Oh, and you should try to be more social thats how you get around to meet girls and new friends too. Since she has a  boyfriend though, you might want to look for someone else or if your bold enough, steal her from him :D :D

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 10:05:14 pm »
Since she has a  boyfriend though, you might want to look for someone else or if your bold enough, steal her from him :D :D

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that the friends I do have all say she's single. I've been told that chicks sometimes turn guys down with the "I have a bf" phrase so they don't hurt our feelings. I have no idea if there is any truth to that. Is there?

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 10:08:39 pm »
I am 14. I'm in 9th grade.

Me being the abrupt and get straight to the point kind of guy I am, talked to her for like 5 minutes about practically nothing and then asked her out.

Yeah, I know that was a REALLY bad decision on my part. That was around two weeks ago. I still really like her. Our eyes meet occasionally, every now and then.

What are my options?

Well, the most obvious option is to wait.  It's going to be another 10 or 15 years (read: the length of your entire life so far) before you're actually going to care about getting married.  Why rush things? You have all the time in the world.

Second, if she has a boyfriend, leave her alone for now.  If you really respect her, you won't try to get between the two of them.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with being direct, especially if it's your first time.  That 5 minutes of small talk was 5 minutes more than me when I first asked a girl out. (I asked her to a dance, she said yes; I found out later that she had a boyfriend at the time.  I think I surprised her too much for her to think about it.)  Girls like it if you're a little nervous, because it shows her that it's a big deal to you.

Don't freak out about it.  You're only two months into high school.  You have 34 more to go.  Take your time.

Date Posted: October 16, 2007, 10:07:14 pm
Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that the friends I do have all say she's single. I've been told that chicks sometimes turn guys down with the "I have a bf" phrase so they don't hurt our feelings. I have no idea if there is any truth to that. Is there?

Wouldn't surprise me at all, but if she really likes you, she obviously wouldn't say that.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 10:08:46 pm »
Since she has a  boyfriend though, you might want to look for someone else or if your bold enough, steal her from him :D :D

Dude. Make sure that she is even interested in you. If she ain't then drop it now! Plenty of fish in the sea. Obsessing over one girl ain't worth it if you have no chance ...
[/url]

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 10:09:09 pm »
Since she has a boyfriend though, you might want to look for someone else or if your bold enough, steal her from him :D :D

Believe you me, there is. If all the facts point to her being single, then it's possible she's using that 'strategy'.

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:31 pm »
jrgp, i know what you mean by looking at life different, i've had a life-threatening situations... a couple of times actually :\ but s**t, im still here so f**k it

Confidence, most women love confidence and will like a guy who is outgoing... but not everyone is like that, but sometimes you have to be outgoing to get what you want... kind of like getting into a good career. Persistance also helps sometimes, but think about it like this, if you ask her and she says no, whats going to happen? absolutely nothing except give you the knowledge that she doesnt like you, this means you wont obsess over her for years and realise ''damn i wasted all that time for nothing''

Oh, and you should try to be more social thats how you get around to meet girls and new friends too. Since she has a  boyfriend though, you might want to look for someone else or if your bold enough, steal her from him :D :D

This is the face of confidence.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 10:13:14 pm »
Yes jrgp, they will pull that on you because they dont want to hurt your feelings... that means... move on in other words.

LOL COOKIE... im tryin to help the guy ffs, i mean some girls dont actually care about looks and usually those are the uggo's but sometimes their are hot chicks who do that too, you just have to find them...

But yeah, too high of standards will disappoint you most of the time...

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 10:14:19 pm »

Oh, and you should try to be more social thats how you get around to meet girls and new friends too. Since she has a  boyfriend though, you might want to look for someone else or if your bold enough, steal her from him :D :D

*PIC*

This is the face of confidence.

No, that's me two years ago. This is me now. Most of my acne is gone and I wear contacts now.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 10:15:29 pm »
Pump some iron.  That'll impress the ladies. ;)

You look like you weigh about 140.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
*advice* Get a new haircut NOW! At least look sexy before you approach a chick. Also it will boost you confidence. I had worse hair than you (at your age) and also a bit more weight, but after i dropped a few kilo's got my hair looking good, i found that girls will start liking you before you even notice them.
[/url]

Offline Cookie.

• Soldier
  • I. R. Baboon
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 10:19:41 pm »
*advice* Get a new haircut NOW! At least look sexy before you approach a chick. Also it will boost you confidence. I had worse hair than you (at your age) and also a bit more weight, but after i dropped a few kilo's got my hair looking good, i found that girls will start liking you before you even notice them.

Haircut now... put back on some glasses as well it covers your face.  Get some emo frames and vintage clothes from the goodwill and you will have hipster girls all over you.