Author Topic: Films by No Hope Studios  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: Films by No Hope Studios
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 08:51:56 pm »
Let's see here...

Well the blood was great, and it was a nice location you filmed in... but as far as praise goes, it ends there, I'm afraid.

1) The directing left alot to be desired. The camera operator had to keep adjusting the camera to adapt to your movements.. you need to plan stuff like that out better, and if it doesn't work, make the shot again. Also that scene in the beginning of part 2 where the camera man follows you down the corridor... you can see the camera man's shadow on your back...

2) You need to get a tripod, most of the shots were very shakey.

3) Speak up, do voice-overs, or get an independent microphone from your camera one for the sound.

4) Think out scenes better.... that scene where you are at the top of the stairs screwing the silencer on.. and then suddenly say "someone's coming" and then running back down the stairs.... honestly that just cracked me up.

5) At the beginning of episode 3... You fired a supposedly silenced handgun.. and yet, it made alot of noise... and then somehow cocking it multiple times is supposed to be threatening? In real life, if that wasn't an airsoft gun, you'd be ejecting bullets from the chamber when doing that...

6) Suddenly your sunglasses jump onto the top of your head when you use the laptop...

7) What happened to the 'boss' being in the penthouse? .. now he's in the woods?

Okay... I'll stop there. I'm not a flamer... I'm a critic.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Jonny McBane

• Major(1)
    • http://www.youtube.com/JonnyMcBane
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »
First of all, there was no camera-man. Either me or Dave filmed. Second, we have a tripod. The silencer was supposed to be a joke (hence Mr. Wolf removing it), and so was the double-loading),

Ok, that's all I can defend myself.
The producer of No Hope Studios. Check out my YouTube profile for videos.

Offline Dave Walker

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 12:57:15 pm »
You just were too lazy to find a silenced shot sound from the internet, LAZY!.

Offline Jonny McBane

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 02:01:35 pm »
It was a joke, seriously! ...

You're just an actor, you have no right to speak here ;D

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 03:20:48 pm »
A camera man is a man who holds a camera. Therefore you did have a camera man.

And since you have a tripod..... use it properly!!! Tripods aren't just used for still frames, you can use them for panning shots too.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Jonny McBane

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 03:39:40 pm »
And since you have a tripod..... use it properly!!! Tripods aren't just used for still frames, you can use them for panning shots too.
I know, I know. I'm a beginner, and I'm learning.