Author Topic: I need advice on getting a gf.  (Read 11592 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: I need advice on getting a gf.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 10:21:05 pm »
*advice* Get a new haircut NOW! At least look sexy before you approach a chick. Also it will boost you confidence. I had worse hair than you (at your age) and also a bit more weight, but after i dropped a few kilo's got my hair looking good, i found that girls will start liking you before you even notice them.

Do you mean parting it? Spiking it? Or just shortening it?
I'm not exactly light weight. I weigh 130 lbs. I'm 5' 9", btw.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 10:26:08 pm »
Haircut now... put back on some glasses as well it covers your face.  Get some emo frames and vintage clothes from the goodwill and you will have hipster girls all over you.

Screw the clothe. All you need is a hot look and nice hair. I haven't bought any clothe for nearly 3 years and i wear the same feck all the time (The pants you wear in your last pic, singlet, and a jacket). Wore that just an hour ago to get some milk and i noticed loads of ladies had an eye on me. I also have a very confident posture and an innocent looking face. I notice that you are slouching in the last pic you put up. Don't slouch. Back straight boy!

*advice* Get a new haircut NOW! At least look sexy before you approach a chick. Also it will boost you confidence. I had worse hair than you (at your age) and also a bit more weight, but after i dropped a few kilo's got my hair looking good, i found that girls will start liking you before you even notice them.

Do you mean parting it? Spiking it? Or just shortening it?

I'd probably suggest spiked hair for now since its easiest and I imagine it will look ok on you. Do no part your hair, ever.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:30:42 pm by Shivorken »
[/url]

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 10:30:21 pm »

Dang it! I first posted 120, then edited it to 140.  Meh.

And yes, to me that's light weight.  In wrestling there are 4 weight classes below you and 9 above you.  That means you're light weight.  Nothing wrong with being thin (or average, if that's what you want to think), but if you bulk up a little, girls will find you much more attractive.

Naturally, your personality should be enough.  But you don't exactly look like the kind of guy who would be the life of a party.

Date Posted: October 16, 2007, 10:28:03 pm
I also have a very confident posture and an innocent looking face. I notice that you are slouching in the last pic you put up. Don't slouch. Back straight boy!

That's key.  You need to appear confident.  Your appearance say a LOT about you; people who notice it aren't just being superficial.

If you're going to slouch, at least look good doing it: ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:32:15 pm by {LAW} Gamer_2k4 »
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 10:35:45 pm »
Yeah, I noticed my worthless posture and am making attempts to stand / sit up straighter. I still slouch occasionally, especially when I'm really, really tired and in one of the last classes of the day and on the verge of falling asleep.

edit: I've also been told by a few of my peers who notice things that I rarely smile. (I only do if I hear something really funny) I suppose thats another one of bad characteristics.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 10:36:55 pm »
Yeah, I noticed my worthless posture and am making attempts to stand / sit up straighter. I still slouch occasionally, especially when I'm really, really tired and in one of the last classes of the day and on the verge of falling asleep.

Well sure, people slouch when they're tired.  Just get enough sleep each night, and you'll be fine.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 10:46:33 pm »
Don't push it man, it sucks to not have a girl but pushing yourself to get one sucks even more. However just be smart and funny, cliche but it helps. I have gotten way farther with certain girls then I should by making them laugh... also grow a beard... its the best ice breaker ever.
@ii

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 10:48:33 pm »
also grow a beard... its the best ice breaker ever.

Dude.  He's 14.

I can't even grow a decent beard yet, and I'm 5 years older than he is. =(

More advice: Don't go to an engineering college.  5:1 ratios are bad.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:50:39 pm by {LAW} Gamer_2k4 »
Gamer_2k4

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 10:52:49 pm »
Damn. I had my heart really set on this place. (it's got a 3:1 ratio)

Yeah, I now recall my brother telling me not to go to a college where I would have limited access to girls. He said that would suck royally.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 11:07:12 pm »

Dude.  He's 14.

Heh.. some people are destined to suck...

One more thing, don't change yourself to get a girl. Just play your characteristics to your advantage, I am mostly quiet and listen to people alot. That plays well because people think I keep secrets well or come to me for advice. Also if you play it right being quiet is a good way to flirt with an outgoing girl.
@ii

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 11:09:07 pm »
In juxtaposition of what t said, shave if you have little bits growing. Clean is sexy. I consider myself lucky that after growing my 'beard' for over 4-5 years, the longest strand has yet to pass the 6mm mark.
[/url]

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 11:12:28 pm »
Now. Shut yourself up. Why do you need a girlfriend. They don't make your life better or valuable. What are your skills and talents right now? Build your skill, build your talent, and you will make yourself mentally stronger. You will gain respect, strength, confidence, personality, and independence.

Who are you? Do you use a girlfriend to define yourself?

Well then again... It all depends on the reason you want her as your girlfriend. If it's for sex, then is not the advice.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 11:18:17 pm »
Now. Shut yourself up. Why do you need a girlfriend. They don't make your life better or valuable. What are your skills and talents right now? Build your skill, build your talent, and you will make yourself mentally stronger. You will gain respect, strength, confidence, personality, and independence.

Who are you? Do you use a girlfriend to define yourself?
No

Well then again... It all depends on the reason you want her as your girlfriend. If it's for sex, then is not the advice.

It is NOT for sex. I'm not the kind of person who sees women as sex objects.

hmm, why do I want a gf? It's instinct. This particular girl is extremely fecking drop dead gorgeous. I've had a crush on her since the first day of school when my eyes gazed upon her. What I want in a GF is someone I can talk to, share feelings back and forth with, have fun with, etc. Plus, I've always wanted to really like a girl and have her really like me back.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 11:22:24 pm »
Now. Shut yourself up. Why do you need a girlfriend. They don't make your life better or valuable.

Yes, because developing a relationship is a really terrible thing for a person.

Date Posted: October 16, 2007, 11:20:07 pm
I've had a crush on her since the first day of school when my eyes gazed upon her.

It'll pass.  If you end up believing that you can't get her (for whatever reason), you'll mentally rationalize the situation and other girls will seem attractive.  It's just how things work.

Date Posted: October 16, 2007, 11:21:28 pm
It is NOT for sex. I'm not the kind of person who sees women as sex objects.

Good, because at 14 that's the last thing you should care about.
Gamer_2k4

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 11:42:51 pm »
Now. Shut yourself up. Why do you need a girlfriend. They don't make your life better or valuable.

Don't even know how you managed to get that out of my post... You want advice to find a girlfriend? Build your skill, build your talent, and you will make yourself mentally stronger. You will gain respect, strength, confidence, personality, and independence.

To attract one specific girl... different story.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 12:17:29 am »
if your quiet, refer back to t's post, he's telling you some good s**t, which you seem to be the type. I used to be quiet too, thats until i was always around people day-after-day-after-day, i eventually just grew out of being quiet...

Gamer, i have the same situation, im 18 and have like 20/30 chin hairs max :\ but my friend is only 16 with a full face of hair i hate him :$

You should also smile more, if you look all mad/depressed all the time you put off a 'bad vibe', lighten up, relax, it doesnt have to be super funny to smile. BTW, you would probably be better off cutting your hair short, spiking looks gay imo unless your asian.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 12:24:56 am »

Don't even know how you managed to get that out of my post...

I think it was the "they don't make your life better" part.

And now, for the explanation that REALLY shouldn't be required:
If you have a girlfriend, chances are you have a relationship.  Since developing a relationship is a good thing, it follows that having a girlfriend makes your life better.  If you develop a relationship that doesn't make your life better, then it would make your life worse.  Therefore, you were implying that the relationship between someone and their girlfriend was a bad thing.

Date Posted: October 17, 2007, 12:21:41 am
Gamer, i have the same situation, im 18 and have like 20/30 chin hairs max : but my friend is only 16 with a full face of hair i hate him :$

Heh, I bet shaving twice a day isn't all it's cracked up to be though. ;)
Gamer_2k4

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 12:27:20 am »

Dude.  He's 14.

Lol, it all depends on genetics. My friend was 13 when he started shaving because he had ALOT of facial hair and now he has a full grown rough beard.

Also dude try talking to the girl and making her laugh.
One Love
Yes

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 12:56:56 am »
Just a swipe of the clippers and its all gone ... and i do mean one swipe HAHA!

Having a girlfriend doesnt mean you need her to define yourself. Sometimes a girlfriend can be a good thing, just depending on who she is. If she is uplifting and what not, she can build you to be a better person, enter: build talents and skills. Some people lack self-motivation so they look for something to motivate them, money, a girl, family member, whatever. Dont be so narrow minded.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 01:11:01 am »
I don't think you're the type for girls.

And something tells me that putting epilepsy into the genepool is a big turn off for girls who need to use you to have children.

man, what a bleak future you've got ahead of you!

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 01:33:40 am »
*off topic*
im in 6th grade , i have half a mustache...lol
*on topic*

the way i see it , just live your life, when its all ready to be done you will notice the opportunity.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?