Author Topic: I need advice on getting a gf.  (Read 11599 times)

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
Re: I need advice on getting a gf.
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 01:38:09 am »
LOL why does everyone insist on crushing his spirits, let the boy get his girl...

the way i see it , just live your life, when its all ready to be done you will notice the opportunity.

Its simple and truthful, straight to the point! GJ

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 01:39:06 am »
(don't ask for pics, I have none and respect her to much to sneak out my phone and take one)

There's your problem.  F*ck respect.  F*ck unconditional generosity.  F*ck chivalry.  It's all a waste of time and will make you feel like a tool.  Save your knight in shining armor routine until after you're in a committed relationship.  Girls aren't interested in it anyway.

And don't listen to people who tell you not to change -- the idea that you are stuck as who you are, a personality like a rock, is illogical and archaic.  You are who you make yourself to be and you'll be happy as long as you don't get stuck in a rut.  So change.  Become a more outspoken person.  Walk with your head high.  Make friends.  Smile when you walk into a room.  Show people that you respect yourself above all others.

Observe people.  See what makes makes them tick, then pick and choose to create your own personality.  And make sure your chief goal is your own happiness, not someone else's.

And the girl isn't interested in you.  Too bad.  Sh*t happens.  Just move on and deal with it -- you'll be much better off.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 01:41:49 am »
I don't think you're the type for girls.

O' comon' that was mean. Dude he really likes this girl, help him out.
One Love
Yes

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 01:47:48 am »
(don't ask for pics, I have none and respect her to much to sneak out my phone and take one)

There's your problem.  F*ck respect.  F*ck unconditional generosity.  F*ck chivalry.  It's all a waste of time and will make you feel like a tool.  Save your knight in shining armor routine until after you're in a committed relationship.  Girls aren't interested in it anyway.

And don't listen to people who tell you not to change -- the idea that you are stuck as who you are, a personality like a rock, is illogical and archaic.  You are who you make yourself to be and you'll be happy as long as you don't get stuck in a rut.  So change.  Become a more outspoken person.  Walk with your head high.  Make friends.  Smile when you walk into a room.  Show people that you respect yourself above all others.

Observe people.  See what makes makes them tick, then pick and choose to create your own personality.  And make sure your chief goal is your own happiness, not someone else's.

And the girl isn't interested in you.  Too bad.  Sh*t happens.  Just move on and deal with it -- you'll be much better off.

Can i have your autograph?

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 01:58:58 am »
I've been wondering how to answer this. This is one of the fundamental questions of the teenage psyche, ultimately, and yet it often goes unanswered, and the questioner must "wing it."

And really, that's the best way. There is no universal set of rules, or hints, or tips, as much as anyone might tell you there is, and swear by them. Friends can give good advice, but they mostly give bad advice, because they base it on their own experiences, and with girls, no situation is truly exactly the same as another, and trying to impose the belief that it is will usually not end well, unless you're lucky.

My advice, if it can be called that, is to do what you personally feel is best. Don't think about it too hard, just figure out what you really want, and how much you want it. If you want it enough, you can achieve it. If you don't, then it's not worth it.

That's all.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 02:08:45 am »
There's your problem.  F*ck respect.  F*ck unconditional generosity.  F*ck chivalry.  It's all a waste of time and will make you feel like a tool.  Save your knight in shining armor routine until after you're in a committed relationship.  Girls aren't interested in it anyway.

Aw, is someone bitter?

I've refrained from f*cking respect, unconditional generosity, and chivalry, and I don't feel like a tool at all.

Here's the thing.  If you wait until you're in a relationship before you start whipping out the above, THAT'S when the girl isn't going to be interested in it.  If a girl wants to be with the disrespectful, selfish, rude person that you've been, why would she suddenly like the new you? Even worse, what does that say about your girlfriend if she likes jerks?

The girls that you want a lasting relationship with will be attracted to chivalry, etc.  If you want action now, sure, act all flashy and whatever those high schoolers like.  If you're interested in a real relationship, then continue to display the genuine, respectful qualities.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 1 girl in 10 years than 10 girls in 1 year.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 03:00:23 am »
Gamer he does make a good point though.

Now lets observe this, this is just how he explained... jrgp is just too shy for his own good and isnt going to find anyone if he stays like that... YES, show a girl respect, but dont show her so much respect that you look like your pussy whipped and bow to her every need. Yes, be generous, but dont be TOO genorous... i could do the last one but you get the point... dont be to excessive in what you do or act like your so desperate to keep her, it could possibly scare the girl away, your young, these things shouldnt even matter (as much)  to you, now love can happen at an early age, but isnt likely... You may think your in love (but as cliche's have mentioned) your not. I've been down that road also, it just led to grief, but i learned myself different :)

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 03:11:06 am »
Become friends? Get to know her a bit then just straight forward saying "Will you go out with me?" Spend sometime around her keep it smooth remember just be yourself.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 03:17:53 am »
Become friends? Get to know her a bit then just straight forward saying "Will you go out with me?" Spend sometime around her keep it smooth remember just be yourself.

WHY NOT?!?!! sh*t i had some good times by just being straight forward, yeah maybe you dont know her yet, but if she says yes, now you have the time to get to know her, if she says no, then wait til you find someone else. I asked a girl out once and didnt even know her last name lol :\ now it didnt work out, but it was fun for that while that we were together.

Live in the moment!

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2007, 03:24:31 am »
Well if jrgp really loves the chick why does he want his time with her just a few weeks?

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 04:31:11 am »
Give up, she's way out of your league by virtue of having XX chromosomes.

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2007, 05:14:39 am »
Give up, she's way out of your league by virtue of having XX chromosomes.

How cruel ...

Maybe when you grow older, get your jaws set, shoulders wide, you can get a chance at that girl again. You still got quite a bit of school left and it is in those years your appearance will dramatically change. First signs of hotness set into me when i was in year 9 - 10. Give yourself some more time =]
[/url]

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2007, 05:43:04 am »
Dude, A girl with a boyfriend is a no go zone.
I recently had this problem. I liked this gril, waaaay to much seeing as she was a friend of mine, but she has a Boyfriend in another state so we got kind of friendly with eachother and to cut a long story short, In the end she had to choose and making anyone choose over 2 people isn't a good thing. So instead of that happaning i just abbandoned it. I thought, and still think, it's the end of the world. But i guess life goes on.
Lol, internets.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2007, 06:16:00 am »
dsfargeg

I lolled.

jrgp, NEVER LOWER YOUR STANDARDS! REACH FOR THE TOP! PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL!

Stick with the chick who makes you the most comfortable.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Essentle

• Major(1)
  • since 1.1.5
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2007, 07:05:34 am »

Exactly. That way she'll get to know your personality too and see if she really likes you or not. The way you did now all she really can judge on is your looks and appearance.

If she really has a boyfriend, leave her alone, unless she seems lost and unhappy. She might of just said that not to hurt your feelings too though, girls do that, especially when it was sudden and her friend was next to her too.

Oh and remember, you can't count on a girl to make you happy, you have to learn to make yourself happy first before getting into a relationship.

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2007, 07:47:54 am »
Well, i guess you should just listen to essentle (and kagesha). Girls know what they want. Unless shes lost.

But don't 4get to be confident =]
[/url]

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2007, 08:30:46 am »

Value the advice you're getting.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2007, 08:45:14 am »
14 years of age is an undesirable age to start moulding a personality into that of an alpha male, but it's not unworkable.

There is way too much feck advice in this thread for me to be bothered to counter, so I'll just go over a couple of the main points. You are ugly - Accept that. What you can do is dress properly, fix your mindset and work on your body.

Clothes:
You appear to have no sense of fashion or good looks, get one. I can't tell you everything that looks good, so if you can't, get someone else who can to help you find good clothes. Get some nice shirts and jeans, and casual wear. Wash your clothes, iron them, make them look good, no one wants to date a tramp.

Mindset:
Try to be nice? No, but don't act a prick either, just dont treat girls any different than you would your teacher or whatever. I wont explain why, just do it. Don't accept that you can't have 'x' girl because she's too attractive or whatever bollucks half the people on here have said, inside her head she works exactly the same way as an ugly girl, she is just less desperate. Become funny, it's one of the only things you can get good it in short term. Try to work on body language aswell, look up journals, learn what makes people tick like Vijchti said, except don't rely on it.

Body:
Get down the gym, exercise, pump some iron. Eat heathily so you get healthy skin, it will help to get rid of the remenants of acne. You want to be working on your chest, arms and stomach only. Get into a routine. Brush your teeth three times a day. And while I think about it, carry breath fresheners around with you. Also get a lighter, it's one of the easiest ways to start conversations with smokers. Also, with your hair, keep it short, but less bowl shaped. Go to a hairdressers, ask them what they think will look good, agree on something, get it done.

feck it, where's karmazon when you need him ... D< YOU FAT fecktard.

EDIT: Also I've just seen; ignore Essentles advice. Girls never know what they want.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:48:20 am by PANZERCATWAGON »

Offline Kszchroink

• Soldier
  • black people
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2007, 09:00:08 am »

I don't think Soldat Forums is a very good place to ask advice on girlfriends. Or any kind of friends.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:12:53 am by Kszchroink »
YOU! SHOOK ME ALLLL NIIIGHT LONG - Kurt Cobain
WHO TOOK MY AVATAR I'LL FIND MY AVATAR - Kurt Cobain

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 09:03:59 am »
Now. Shut yourself up. Why do you need a girlfriend. They don't make your life better or valuable.

Yes, because developing a relationship is a really terrible thing for a person.

Don't even know how you managed to get that out of my post...

I think it was the "they don't make your life better" part.

And now, for the explanation that REALLY shouldn't be required:
If you have a girlfriend, chances are you have a relationship.  Since developing a relationship is a good thing, it follows that having a girlfriend makes your life better.  If you develop a relationship that doesn't make your life better, then it would make your life worse.  Therefore, you were implying that the relationship between someone and their girlfriend was a bad thing.
What I am trying to suggest is that rather than try to improve your life by a girlfriend - improve your life by skill and talent.
Oh and remember, you can't count on a girl to make you happy, you have to learn to make yourself happy first before getting into a relationship.
I guess that's a simpler version of what I'm trying to say.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:06:13 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker