Author Topic: Clan Websites/Forums  (Read 6487 times)

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
Re: Clan Websites/Forums
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 12:44:56 pm »
Talent goes hand-in-hand with experience, ever seen someone who's played Soldat for just a few months with great skills?

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 01:59:48 pm »
Well, by talented I actually meant skilled. You get the point!

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 06:16:43 am »
Firstly, a forum and a website are not necessary, however in some cases a forum can help.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, forums are useless, because when there is a news (big or not) it can be put on the IRC topic, and as soon as your members are online they can see it...that is why IRC is much better. Not to mention none of the actual best clans use a forum.
Myself, and my fellow active gamers won't repeat enough how important IRC is if you want to improve... I'm sorry if this looks like another "without-irc-you-wont-improve-thread", but it is the truth so...
...Any clan that is not on IRC will get bashed (or even snarfed) by IRC clans...for sure.
DragonSlayer pretty much explained it all, but I'll repeat anyway :
- If you wanna improve you need to play regularly... (daily would be better though)
AND
- To get better (as a clan) you have to play against better opponents which can easily be found on IRC at almost any time of the day, you will not improve by playing worse clans.
...so yeah use IRC and forget about the site and forum!

(I edited a bit my post because apparently it was "all nonsense", it hopefully makes more sense now.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 04:32:41 pm by Ouchek »

Offline Tim.

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 03:01:52 pm »
Firstly, I think a forum and a website are not necessary, a forum can help but IRC is much better however I believe they're useless, because if there is a big news or something you can put it in your channel topic or talk to the members as soon as they're on... ( None of the actual best clans use a Forum)

This is going into another "without irc, you cant get better"............ UNFORTUNATELY, that is true.
Any clan that is not on IRC will get bashed (snarfed) by IRC clans for sure.
DragonSlayer pretty much explained it all, but I'll say it my way :
- The only good way to improve, is to play a lot (that means cws and gathers regularly as in daily).
- You have to play better opponents to get better, if you always play against the same people who are less skilled than you, you will not improve.
...The only place you can get all of this done, is IRC.

That's all nonsense.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 07:24:07 pm »
We have a forum and IRC too. Its only for posting extential information and stuff, such as CW results, News and the likes. Its a good way to have a system of all the information about your clan.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 10:00:04 pm »
Firstly, a forum and a website are not necessary, however in some cases a forum can help.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, forums are useless, because when there is a news (big or not) it can be put on the IRC topic, and as soon as your members are online they can see it...that is why IRC is much better. Not to mention none of the actual best clans use a forum.
Myself, and my fellow active gamers won't repeat enough how important IRC is if you want to improve... I'm sorry if this looks like another "without-irc-you-wont-improve-thread", but it is the truth so...
...Any clan that is not on IRC will get bashed (or even snarfed) by IRC clans...for sure.
DragonSlayer pretty much explained it all, but I'll repeat anyway :
- If you wanna improve you need to play regularly... (daily would be better though)
AND
- To get better (as a clan) you have to play against better opponents which can easily be found on IRC at almost any time of the day, you will not improve by playing worse clans.
...so yeah use IRC and forget about the site and forum!

(I edited a bit my post because apparently it was "all nonsense", it hopefully makes more sense now.)

Nonesense? Perhaps the best tip from a Soldatforum-er here.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 10:16:47 pm »
Like I said, the only time I think a forum is usefull is if you want to communicate with people and you aren't on line at the same time. And you can only fit so much in IRC topic.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 03:39:54 am »
Well, like Psycho said, forums are good if you want to post result of every clan war you play for example. Most clans don't really care about normal clan wars since it's just for fun or practice for leagues, and all the league clan wars are posted on the leagues' forums.

Shadow G-Unit is right, what Ouchek posted wasn't nonsense at all, he said some good points.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 03:43:28 pm »
Hmm, never thought of that DragonSlayer. Yeah, I'll be sure to remember these kinds of comments.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 09:58:50 pm »
We mix it up by using forums, IRC, Xfire and sometimes Teamspeak to speak with eachother, and I think its a pretty nice setup.

Looking down from ethereal skies