Author Topic: What Do you think its the most important factor for a clans success?  (Read 9453 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
What Do you think its the most important factor for a clans success?
(in terms of wars)

1. Individual skill
2. teamwork
3. luck
4. strategy and tactics

list them from the most important to the least important of the 4. and explain why.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
Re: What Do you think its the most important factor for a clans success?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:40:51 am »
1. Teamwork
2. Individual skill
3. Strategy and tactics
4. Luck

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:48:47 am »
for me is:

1.Individual skill
2.Strategy and Tactics
3.Teamwork
4.Luck

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:50:27 am »
1. activeness
2. teamwork
3. communication
4. individual skill

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:56:02 am »
1. Activity
2. Good leadership
3. Nice members
4. Skills
5. A good communications method (IRC, xfire etc)
6. Reputation

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 10:03:25 am »
Lol guys ADD to each other's posts, I can see skill, teamwork, etc. repeated in just about every post.

My contribution is:
- Interest - if your clan members aren't motivated to play and improve their Soldat gameplay and teamwork, it's no use having them at all.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 10:29:22 am »
Lol guys ADD to each other's posts, I can see skill, teamwork, etc. repeated in just about every post.

My contribution is:
- Interest - if your clan members aren't motivated to play and improve their Soldat gameplay and teamwork, it's no use having them at all.

true true...

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 11:57:06 am »
1. IRC..
2. Individual skill.
3. Teamplay skill.
4. Communication.
5. Loyalty and pesistance.
6. Activity.

Offline m2dDoG

• Major(1)
  • I don't like you either.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 12:31:34 pm »
1. Activity
2. Nice members
3. Skills
4. IRC

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 12:37:48 pm »
1. IRC..
2. Individual skill.
3. Teamplay skill.
4. Communication.
6. Activity.
1. Activity
2. Nice members
3. Skills
4. IRC
1. Activity
2. Good leadership
3. Nice members
4. Skills
6. Reputation
1. Teamwork
2. Individual skill
3. Strategy and tactics
4. Luck

You got your answers...

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 12:51:15 pm »
Obviously success can be measured in many ways. However, in terms of winning:

1. Individual skill
As much as I don't like to admit it, individual skill probably trumps teamwork a vast majority of the time. An unorganized, uncommunicative group of highly skilled players, who may never even have played on the same team before, will almost always best a low level clan, who may have been playing with each other for years. It is probably the single most important factor in determining a clan's success.

2. Teamwork
Although individual skill is probably the main factor in determining the outcome of a match, teamwork plays an immensely important role as well. This is especially true when a match is between two fairly evenly skilled teams. In such cases, good teamwork is crucial. One of the more important aspects of teamwork is good in-game communication. If you are looking to take your clan to the top, invest in some microphones and download a good voice communication program, such as Ventrilo. If that's not possible, make sure that all of your members have effective taunts and use them at all times. Not knowing where the enemies are coming from or where the EFC went because a teammate doesn't communicate often means the difference between success and failure.

3. Strategy
Good tactics and good strategy, as individual players and also as a team overall, are important factors if a clan wishes to gain an advantage over the enemy. Knowing the maps inside-out (especially your clan's best map) is a huge benefit, and knowing when to rush and when to defend is crucial. Tactics like boosting, strategic ricocheting, and (don't say it!) spraying are excellent if you know where and when to use them.

4. Activity
Activity is important for fairly obvious reasons. The more that you play together as a team, the more that your clan improves in teamwork and, hopefully, strategy, and the more that the members improve individually. Practice with your clan as much as possible and get to know one another's tendencies to ensure good chemistry for when it really matters.

5. Luck
Let's face it. No matter how much you are prepared for a match, sometimes it just boils down to plain luck. It could be that M79 bullet that didn't register, the four second respawn that allowed the enemy to cap twice, or the grenade that sent the EFC flying towards his flag. We've all been there, and we all know the chagrin that we feel afterwards. All we can do is hope that the bad luck is passed off to the other clan for the next map.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 03:23:34 pm »
1. IRC..
2. Individual skill.
3. Teamplay skill.
4. Communication.
6. Activity.
1. Activity
2. Nice members
3. Skills
4. IRC
1. Activity
2. Good leadership
3. Nice members
4. Skills
6. Reputation
1. Teamwork
2. Individual skill
3. Strategy and tactics
4. Luck

You got your answers...

each are different...

ehm...I wonder, other than me and xurich who value individual skill over team....

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 06:01:05 pm »
(in terms of wars)

1. Individual skill - Most of the time, in CW your faced 1v1 against someone from the other team, and if you just suck to the point you can never kill the guy your faced against, then your team will suffer, the other 2 would have to pick up the slack and that is hard to do.

2. Teamwork - closely follows individual skill, sometimes you can be bested and you'll need a teammate to intercept that flag carrier or provide cover fire as your running the flag back.

3. Strategy & Tactics

4. Luck

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 06:19:22 pm »
(in terms of wars)

1. Individual skill - Most of the time, in CW your faced 1v1 against someone from the other team, and if you just suck to the point you can never kill the guy your faced against, then your team will suffer, the other 2 would have to pick up the slack and that is hard to do.

2. Teamwork - closely follows individual skill, sometimes you can be bested and you'll need a teammate to intercept that flag carrier or provide cover fire as your running the flag back.

3. Strategy & Tactics

4. Luck

first guy that remembered the word "wars" bravo!

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:51 pm »
hands down the answer to this is friendship and unity, along with individual skill. If your clans divided, you cant really do much in the teamwork department.

EDIT: I just read all the posts before this, apparently you guys have never been in a true clan :/. (Except if your JUST TALKING ABOUT WINNING, which is kinda not the reason I join clans :/)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:28:27 pm by Iq Unlimited »

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 06:40:04 pm »
A mixture of skill, friendship and being active.

The most important? It depends what you are trying to get out of the clan. If it's to win, then it's skill; but if it's to have fun and stay together, it'll be friendship.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 06:55:05 pm »
I just read all the posts before this, apparently you guys have never been in a true clan :/. (Except if your JUST TALKING ABOUT WINNING, which is kinda not the reason I join clans :/)

Well he made it clear that he meant it in terms of clan wars. Obviously the list is different if one is discussing other types of success.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 06:58:35 pm »
Obviously success can be measured in many ways. However, in terms of winning:

1. Individual skill
As much as I don't like to admit it, individual skill probably trumps teamwork a vast majority of the time. An unorganized, uncommunicative group of highly skilled players, who may never even have played on the same team before, will almost always best a low level clan, who may have been playing with each other for years. It is probably the single most important factor in determining a clan's success.

2. Teamwork
Although individual skill is probably the main factor in determining the outcome of a match, teamwork plays an immensely important role as well. This is especially true when a match is between two fairly evenly skilled teams. In such cases, good teamwork is crucial. One of the more important aspects of teamwork is good in-game communication. If you are looking to take your clan to the top, invest in some microphones and download a good voice communication program, such as Ventrilo. If that's not possible, make sure that all of your members have effective taunts and use them at all times. Not knowing where the enemies are coming from or where the EFC went because a teammate doesn't communicate often means the difference between success and failure.

3. Strategy
Good tactics and good strategy, as individual players and also as a team overall, are important factors if a clan wishes to gain an advantage over the enemy. Knowing the maps inside-out (especially your clan's best map) is a huge benefit, and knowing when to rush and when to defend is crucial. Tactics like boosting, strategic ricocheting, and (don't say it!) spraying are excellent if you know where and when to use them.

4. Activity
Activity is important for fairly obvious reasons. The more that you play together as a team, the more that your clan improves in teamwork and, hopefully, strategy, and the more that the members improve individually. Practice with your clan as much as possible and get to know one another's tendencies to ensure good chemistry for when it really matters.

5. Luck
Let's face it. No matter how much you are prepared for a match, sometimes it just boils down to plain luck. It could be that M79 bullet that didn't register, the four second respawn that allowed the enemy to cap twice, or the grenade that sent the EFC flying towards his flag. We've all been there, and we all know the chagrin that we feel afterwards. All we can do is hope that the bad luck is passed off to the other clan for the next map.
Well, as an {EF} player, I believe he knows these "guidelines" best.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 07:10:56 pm »
hands down the answer to this is friendship and unity, along with individual skill. If your clans divided, you cant really do much in the teamwork department.

EDIT: I just read all the posts before this, apparently you guys have never been in a true clan :/. (Except if your JUST TALKING ABOUT WINNING, which is kinda not the reason I join clans :/)

a true clan can be defined as many things... as previously said it just depends on what you want out of it as how you define a 'true clan', good teamwork or good players or good socializing...

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 03:49:15 pm »
Activity is really the most important thing for a clan to be succesful. Even with great individual players, your clan won't get far if it's inactive. I remember beating some clans with clear caps (even 10-0, 10-0) and in just two or three months time, they had gotten so much better because they were so active. I'd claim one of these clans even eventually became one of the top clans in Soldat scene. If you want to know which clan I'm talking about, it's CF |. Your players can be very skilled but they won't beat better clans if they don't adapt to clan wars, learn to play together and learn how to play in different maps. And fact is, activity is key to everything. To learn is to play. I actually think that teamwork and tactics might be more important than individual skill but it's not that black and white really. In order to have good teamwork and tactics, you need to have skilled individual players because the hardest thing about Soldat is not to learn how to shoot with a gun or anything like that, it's to read the game and adapt to any and every situation, and then working as a team and working on good tactics. Actually, you don't even have to work on tactics when you become good enough, you just simply know how to react to different situations. Some clans like to plan more and some less, but activity and teamwork is the key to everything in my opinion. But you need great individual skill just the same, so I'd say both are equally important.

AE/DragonSlayer