Author Topic: Most Respected Soldat Clans  (Read 73261 times)

Offline KodiakJack

• Major(1)
Re: Most Respected Soldat Clans
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2008, 08:06:30 am »
There are no real clans left. Real clans last for more than a few weeks. Real clans have members that have stayed with them the whole time. When one of those members drop out, the clan dies. The remaining members may try to resurrect it by bringing in some new player who might be good, but then either the clan dies cause they can't be bothered anymore, cause its not the same without the old guy, or another guy drops out, so they recruit another new guy. And this continues until there is only 1 or 2 original members of that clan. Yeah, sure, that clan may go down in history as perhaps the longest lasting clan, but they have lost their way. And how can you judge the 'most respected clan'? All that happens is a bunch of guys come in here, yell out that ~!Tra!~ or ^^Ht^^ is the best clan evaaaa, and then it dies within the week. And you know whats really sad? That people here actually RESPECT a group of people playing a game. Not cool...

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2008, 06:57:25 pm »
There are no real clans left. Real clans last for more than a few weeks. Real clans have members that have stayed with them the whole time. When one of those members drop out, the clan dies. The remaining members may try to resurrect it by bringing in some new player who might be good, but then either the clan dies cause they can't be bothered anymore, cause its not the same without the old guy, or another guy drops out, so they recruit another new guy. And this continues until there is only 1 or 2 original members of that clan. Yeah, sure, that clan may go down in history as perhaps the longest lasting clan, but they have lost their way. And how can you judge the 'most respected clan'? All that happens is a bunch of guys come in here, yell out that ~!Tra!~ or ^^Ht^^ is the best clan evaaaa, and then it dies within the week. And you know whats really sad? That people here actually RESPECT a group of people playing a game. Not cool...

Every clan on that list on the front page with the exception of probably Faul, Escaping Salvation, and Militant Raw was alive for atleast a year and usually more more. And even those 3 clans I mentioned were alive for around 6 months.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline MWTBDLTR

• Major
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2008, 12:31:01 am »
Well once again i find myself bored as fuck up at my dads, so here i go. 

I just don't understand how all of these random ass people try and hype these shitty quick death clans, they haven't even been playing that long.  To me a "respected" clan would be one that stayed alive forever, never made real enemy's or got too cocky, and was a real competitor in the more "serious" side of the soldat clanwar community.  No it doesn't have to Win every tournament, just be a real well known team of great players that put up some real competition, and just looked to have fun.  I have seen so many clans that could have really gone the distance, they had the best of the best players, but they get so wrapped up in losses/stats and give up hope for the clan and leave, then the avalanche affect hits and everyone else leaves, forgetting the fun aspect of the game.  I know when i first started playing {OC} was one of those "real" clans that competed in SCTFL and often times made it to the finals.  Back in |Panda| I would always go against clans like SM, R7, Ox or {OC} to see how we really compared and how hard we would get whupped, these guys had there shit on lock.  About 9ish months later I finally wormed myself into {OC} and i knew that i would never leave, it was too perfect.  {OC} is one of those clans that may go inactive, but it will never really die.  Also the amount of great players that {OC} has pumped out and the amazing people that have been in and out really make it stand out.  Keiran is the perfect leader, and knows I will be there to the end, if there ever is one.  Every real clan peaks out for a while and then slows down, but never lets itself outright die.  Yes there are exceptions like soldat veterans and SM that have mad respect, but they earned it via years of work.  I would respect them even more if they stuck it out through the tough times and stayed alive, but w/e.  Its been nearly two years i would say I've been in {OC}, and {OC} itself has been around for a lot longer than that, i don't see why we wont still be around in another two years, even if were playing just one scrimm a year were still here haha.  My best memories are Keiran, Diehard, and Me playing these fucking hilarious scrimms late at night, Kei bugging me to just play one more, good times man good fucking times. 

{OC} and .:*DETH*:. really made an impression on me and others when it comes to "real" soldat clans, and that demands respect.   
.:*OC*:. MWTBDLTR

Offline The Goliad

• Soldier
« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2008, 12:40:12 am »
I truly respect RE|.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2008, 10:01:04 pm »
No.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2008, 10:52:21 pm »
Lol,If you Respect RE, then you can respect my clan ~/SOD\~ Too :P
And Yeah, Shadow, add us to teh list ;)

Offline The Goliad

• Soldier
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2008, 10:59:09 pm »
No.

Explain. They're all very nice and supportive of my new clan.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2008, 03:38:25 am »
What's RE?
If it would deserve to be really respected I'd know something about them :E.

Offline Nubism

• Major
« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2008, 02:43:33 pm »
the most clans you are writing here are random clans made in version 1.4.2
and the only 3clans i respect on the clans you guys wrote here are
SoD, SV and x

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2008, 03:45:27 pm »
No.

Just because you respect them doesn't mean that the WHOLE community does. Anyways, I haven't seen them do particularily well in International tournaments.

Offline The Goliad

• Soldier
« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2008, 05:22:21 pm »
No.

Just because you respect them doesn't mean that the WHOLE community does. Anyways, I haven't seen them do particularily well in International tournaments.

That's all I wanted to know.  :)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2008, 05:46:30 pm »
I respect a clan which has good teamwork. throwing flags to eachother and don't lagg!

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2008, 07:33:50 pm »
I respect a clan which has good teamwork. throwing flags to eachother and don't lagg!
So basically, volleyball team?

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #433 on: October 30, 2008, 11:41:01 am »
Yo, just wanna add that there is a list of clans in the Soldat Wiki. If you were curious about certain clans, perhaps you could browse through their history and achievements.

Clans List (A-Z) : http://wiki.soldat.nl/Category:Clans

Personally I think respect and all that shyt isn't important, what's important is that you have fun.
KILL EM ALL AND MAKE EM SHYT IN THEIR PANTTTSSS !!!!   [pigtail]

Offline Spec Ops

• Major(1)
« Reply #434 on: October 30, 2008, 12:00:14 pm »
No.

Apparently Shadow G Unit is the voice of the WHOLE community. Please give us more of your insight.

Offline Nitro

• Major(1)
« Reply #435 on: October 30, 2008, 12:19:38 pm »
Still not dead although everyone thinks we are :<

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #436 on: October 30, 2008, 02:01:57 pm »
Right.. Ap/ ain't dead yet ;d. It was inactive.

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2008, 09:07:13 pm »
Apparently Shadow G Unit is the voice of the WHOLE community. Please give us more of your insight.
Well he's done a good job with this thread imo.

Offline Nitro

• Major(1)
« Reply #438 on: November 01, 2008, 04:24:36 am »
I'd also add c'n's and NbK thur =<

Edit// Forgot about N.D POLAKS

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
« Reply #439 on: November 01, 2008, 08:46:21 am »
I'm for NbK and c'n's too.

http://nbk.atspace.org/