Author Topic: Special sticky'ed threads.  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
Special sticky'ed threads.
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:25:07 pm »
For example, in the suggestion thread, have a sticky named: "Post your vehicle suggestions here!"(Most people don't read the damned rules.) But, inside, it says, "MM will NEVER add vehicles etc etc. So, please don't make any vehicle suggestion threads." So, suggestions/moments/etc that are ALWAYS posted, but will never happen, would have a sticky at the top, with a huge NO so that there will be less retarded threads to increase post count.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
Re: Special sticky'ed threads.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:31:11 pm »
That's what the suggestion sticky is for.

However, it should be more predominant.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 02:18:30 pm »
That's what the suggestion sticky is for.

However, it should be more predominant.

or people should just have a sense of proper forum etiquette and know to read the rules before they post in a forum

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:19:38 pm »
Which isn't possible because there are so many subhumans.

"On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

El_Spec

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 06:25:39 pm »
Wouldn't solve much problems.  Locking the thread will be fine enough.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 03:11:17 am »
or people should just have a sense of proper forum etiquette and know to read the rules before they post in a forum

HAAHAAA!... Oh Bricks, good one. Maybe sometime when the sun burns out. We all know that's just wishfull thinking.

However, I don't think there's much that can be done about it. The rules are wellwritten and at everyones disposal, can't really do more than that. If people are too dumb or too lazy to read them, they probably won't care about such a thread anyway. I mean, if there was one thread like discribed by the author, maybe then, but vehicles in soldat isn't the only idea that keeps popping up. we would have to make a sticky for "post your new weaponideas" as well, and stuff like that.

Problem isn't really that people don't read the rules, but more that they don't have enough braincells to make up a proper idea in the first place(I should probably be careful here. After all, I suggested barrett laser detection :P).
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 07:52:38 am »

HAAHAAA!... Oh Bricks, good one. Maybe sometime when the sun burns out. We all know that's just wishfull thinking.

However, I don't think there's much that can be done about it. The rules are wellwritten and at everyones disposal, can't really do more than that. If people are too dumb or too lazy to read them, they probably won't care about such a thread anyway. I mean, if there was one thread like discribed by the author, maybe then, but vehicles in soldat isn't the only idea that keeps popping up. we would have to make a sticky for "post your new weaponideas" as well, and stuff like that.

Problem isn't really that people don't read the rules, but more that they don't have enough braincells to make up a proper idea in the first place(I should probably be careful here. After all, I suggested barrett laser detection :P).
Just a thought, and a bad one at that, but I say that upon creating an account on our oh so lovely forum you must read the rules as the final step.  Only there is a waiting period on the page before you can continue.  Let's say, oh I don't know, five minutes that they must keep that page up.  Who knows, someone may skim it out of boredom and learn a thing or two.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 10:22:20 am »
Sure, that's one way to go. I mean, most people would just do something else for those 5 minutes, but I reckon some would actually go through and read it. And there's another bonus as well: Seems like a lot of people come in here to post 1 or 2 posts, and then they're gone again allready. Well, since they don't have much interrest, they might be discouraged by the waitingtime and just give it up right there.

I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 07:56:47 am »
I've seen some agreements force you to scroll to the bottom at the very least until you can continue.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 02:24:06 pm »
I've seen some agreements force you to scroll to the bottom at the very least until you can continue.
That still doesn't help immensely, due to the fact that people will just scroll down to the bottom instinctively anyway. There is, realistically, no possible way to force people to read something before continuing on with the registration.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P